Do You Believe a UFO Crashed at Roswell ?

Hagar

21 hours ago, REBgp said:

Okay, this should be interesting.  There's no right or wrong, just opinions.  I don't think No's, need an explanation, but if you have one, great.  If you say Yes, it would be great if you could explain why.

I'll take a shot REB. There was a UFO that landed in Roswell. Debris was found by some farmer and the military got involved. It was first reported as a flying saucer, then the coverup story reported it was a weather balloon.  To this day no one knows for sure.

With the vastness of the universe, many, many other galaxies with suns and orbiting planets similar to ours, i think in the very least that it is selfish to believe we could possibly be the only life forms. If most people didn't think it possible that there is other life in the universe, why have super huge dishes pointed to the heavens in hopes of catching some faint radio signal? Why include historical information about earth on our space probes? The only thing holding us back is the inability to travel at the speed of light.

Just my thoughts. I'm no expert.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

I'll take a shot REB. There was a UFO that landed in Roswell. Debris was found by some farmer and the military got involved. It was first reported as a flying saucer, then the coverup story reported it was a weather balloon.  To this day no one knows for sure.

With the vastness of the universe, many, many other galaxies with suns and orbiting planets similar to ours, i think in the very least that it is selfish to believe we could possibly be the only life forms. If most people didn't think it possible that there is other life in the universe, why have super huge dishes pointed to the heavens in hopes of catching some faint radio signal? Why include historical information about earth on our space probes? The only thing holding us back is the inability to travel at the speed of light.

Just my thoughts. I'm no expert.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

1 hour ago, baddog said:

I'm no expert on quotes lol.  Over on 59 north of Houston and the service is weird.

Thanks for the response baddog.  Had 20 views and no opinions before yours.  Maybe the younger folks aren't familiar with it.  Here's the Readers Digest version.  Rancher finds the wreckage.  Notified Police, who notified Military.  Air Base was home of only Air Wing authorized to carry the atomic bomb.  Two officers were sent out.  One, Major Marcel, was the intelligence officer (keep in mind this base had the cream of the crop).  They returned and notified the CO what they had found.  The base notified the press they had a crashed flying saucer.  Marcel was brought to Dallas where the military claimed it was a weather ballon.  I'm no intelligence officer, but I think I could tell the difference, and I'm sure Marcel could.  His son, who's a medical Dr., said he remembers some of the material his father brought home.  Metal sheets you could crumble up & would return to its original shape.  Pieces of medal, similar to electrical conduit, with writing inside, similar to Egyptian hieroglyphics.  Then the military said it was a "special weather ballon" (I could still tell the difference).  Add to that the fact that all the information the military had about Roswell has mysteriously disappeared, and you have the perfect conspiracy theory.

Now, here's what made me a believer.  Heard an Engineer say, when a plane is finally approved for use, it's already obsolete.  Stuff being tested that's superior.  The crash was in 1947.  In the early 60's, the SR-71 Blackbird was built.  That plane still holds the world speed record today, after flying for 50 years.  Pretty big leap in technology.  Add to that the gigantic leaps in computer technology, the eyewitness accounts above, and it adds credence to the conspiracy theory.  Am I 100% sure?  No, it's just my opinion.  

No.  I mean, I guess technically a UFO crashed, but I'm confident the government knew exactly when it happened and what it was.  I have no doubt it was some form of an experimental govt aircraft.  As far as our technology has come since then, if there were alien air crafts out there we would've stumbled across one by now.

6 hours ago, REBgp said:

Just saw this.  Thought it would be appropriate.  Shortly before his death, he had text his mother that if anything happened to him, to investigate.  Interesting!

This is the hidden content, please

Let's see, you have maybe cracked the code. You know about the secrets that are so risky that it may cost your life. You know this and even text a message to your mother "days" before you are killed..... but fail to tell anyone else the secrets? No emails sent to various news agencies so you aren't endangering any one person like your mother? 

If I discover some government secret that might get me killed so that no one else will find out... and I have days to do so.... I am going to tell no one?

Yep and I swear I still have Mount Rushmore for sale. 

I watch the science channel alot with the millions of galaxies out there it's very possible to have other life on some planets. UFOs I'm not convinced if a lifeform has the technology to come to earth they have to be far more advanced than us why play hid and go seek. For these many years if you're superior.

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

No

I could see why you would say no.  Living in Dallardsville, deep in the east Texas woods.  Here in Evadale, where so many NASA scientist, and researchers live, we constantly see unidentified craft flying around.  Especially after drinking Billy Bob Crawfords shine. :) 

10 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I watch the science channel alot with the millions of galaxies out there it's very possible to have other life on some planets. UFOs I'm not convinced if a lifeform has the technology to come to earth they have to be far more advanced than us why play hid and go seek. For these many years if you're superior.

A valid question.  The thought is they are studying us, as we studied the primitive tribes found in the Amazon jungles.  Though we think of ourselves as advanced, to beings that can travel the stars, we'd be like cave dwellers.  

The Air Force investigation of UFO's, Project Blue Book,included astronomer Dr. Alan Hynek as the scientific advisor.  Going into the research, Dr, Hynek Was a skeptic in the existence of UFO's.  By the time the investigation was closed down, he had became a believer, and coined the phrase, Close Encounters.  I think he's the one who came up with the possibility that UFO's may be from another dimension, parallel to our own.

I understand why someone wouldn't believe, but I do find much of the evidence very compelling.  For anyone who would like to know more about UFO's, check out the Rendlesham Forest Incident, which occurred just outside the RAF Woodridge base in England.  The base was being used by the USAF at the time.  I think it gives more credence to the possibility of UFO's than any other incident I've heard about.  As expected, the "expert analysis" of the incident claimed it was a hoax or lights from a near by lighthouse.  But base assistant commander Lt Col Halt pretty much sacked his military career as he adamantly proclaimed it was a UFO.  Don't think he would do that for a hoax.  Btw, I'm 99% sure the base had atomic weapons, and was part of NATO.

As with all controversial subjects, there are many pro & con links, but I put one here for you to check out.  It more closely matches what I've seen on one of the TV documentaries of the incident.

11 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Let's see, you have maybe cracked the code. You know about the secrets that are so risky that it may cost your life. You know this and even text a message to your mother "days" before you are killed..... but fail to tell anyone else the secrets? No emails sent to various news agencies so you aren't endangering any one person like your mother? 

If I discover some government secret that might get me killed so that no one else will find out... and I have days to do so.... I am going to tell no one?

Yep and I swear I still have Mount Rushmore for sale. 

Dadgummit TVC, you just punched a bunch of holes in the Rembrandt of UFO investigation.  Give me a break :) 

Durn skeptics.  Oh, how much you want for that worthless piece of rock in South Dakota?

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Let's make this clear. There have been thousands of UFO sightings. Whether or not they are alien is the mystery. They are still classified as unidentified.

No one has answered my original questions about radio dishes and earth's history data aboard our space probes.

Well it certainly indicates there are some folks in our Govt. who think there may be (ought to be?) aliens out there.

3 hours ago, baddog said:

Exactly REB. I had to clarify the UFO acronym because there are those that equate UFO with Mars, and that's just not the case.

You're right.  The three letters, UFO, means different things.  Some automatically think "flying saucer", when it just means something we can't identify.  

I don't know but I have a hard time believing in such thing.  But baddog's argument makes a lot of sense and is hard to argue with.  So mine, unlike my scientifically based, irrefutable ( ;) ) stance on global warming (I'm pot stirring here), I guess I just don't want to believe.  

My wife, on the other hand, who is without a doubt my better half, will tell you it definitely happened.  She has read much more than me on the subject so I don't argue.  But then again, I learned many years ago not to argue with her 

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I don't know but I have a hard time believing in such thing.  But baddog's argument makes a lot of sense and is hard to argue with.  So mine, unlike my scientifically based, irrefutable ( ;) ) stance on global warming (I'm pot stirring here), I guess I just don't want to believe.  

My wife, on the other hand, who is without a doubt my better half, will tell you it definitely happened.  She has read much more than me on the subject so I don't argue.  But then again, I learned many years ago not to argue with her 

Aha, spoken like a real man (who wants to stay married).  It's nice to know that I'm (and your wife) "light years" ahead of you on one subject.  Glad you haven't studied it, since I'm familiar with another subject you have, and came up with the wrong conclusion (reverse pot stirring lol).  I have a PHD in UFO, and with your better half well versed, any info you get will be from real experts.  The truth is out there.

6 hours ago, bigdog said:

Z

Aha, another non believer.  That's okay bigdog, wouldn't be any fun having a thread if everyone believed.  Besides, your main job is to make sure Ned wins out.  You ain't got time for no stinking UFO's. :) 

• 2 months later...

I've seen several shows on the following incident, and have heard it referred to as the most documented UFO reports ever, from the standpoint of having two ground radar and air controller/pilot conversations recorded.  Japanese cargo 747 flying into Anchorage.  Pilot ask Anch airport if anything on radar.  No.  Pilot said, got two objects ahead flying around.  Any military craft up here?  Anch checks with Air Base - negative.  The 2 objects leave then Pilot sees a giant ship following him on port side, which he described as as big as 2 aircraft carriers.  Anch radar has it, as does Air Base radar.  Pilot drops altitude & does 360, but UFO follows him thru maneuver.  FAA Div Chief for Accident/Incident Investigation in DC got recordings of radar & conversation of pilot and Anch controller.  It was reviewed by an Admiral, who told him it was Top Secret, & to bring it all back the next day for a meeting w/FBI & CIA at White House. After review at meeting, CIA collected all recordings and data, and said, "This meeting never took place, and we weren't here".

Pilot was a former fighter pilot with over 10,000 hours of flying time.  For sticking to his story, including an interview by head of FAA in Anchorage, he was transferred to a desk job for many years before he was allowed to return to flight status.  And I'll readily admit we have secret aircraft.  But there's no way we could construct something that big in secret.  Here's the story if you care to read it.  And imo, Mufon, while trying to prove that UFO's exist, do so in a scientific manner and don't dramatize things to prove their point.