Port Neches-Groves 41 Vidor 22/FINAL

WOSgrad

20 hours ago, pakronos said:

Our back up qb fits what we like to do a whole lot better. When he and Hines were on jv as qb and rb it was scary. Yes he's on par or better than Johnson. He played some last year when bambie was hurt.

They played freshman together.  Yes, that was a dominant lil team. Imo, Jones is a better runner and much stronger.  Johnson is a better passer and runs really well.  Jones has a body type like a strong safety.  He had legit college size in the 10th grade.  Its said that they like Jones where he's at.  Playing multiple positions; he's getting recruited as an athlete.  Whoever they decide to play qb next year, they will still be dangerous.

15 hours ago, The Icon said:

Hope you're caring about them if y'all make it a few rounds deep in the playoffs

La Marque is a shadow of its former self, not a great comparison 

This is when la marque won state in 06 or was 2010 when they went to state and loss to aledo?? Point is and undremanded and undresized team beat them 

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 1:32 PM, class-99 Indians said:

Yeah yeah i know we say it every year but the dogs are in trouble this game won't even be close,the only thing dogs can pray for is for shug to get hurt,this team crushes the dogs and that trophy comes where it belongs,get back to me if we loose and i will man up but its not going to happen this year brother,and whats going to happen when we win is knock dogs out of playoffs that will be the game that decides it,watch and cry a river,lol.

I hope yall do win for your sake and faircloths lol.     ps. we love being the underdogs to png

On October 9, 2016 at 8:19 AM, vhs said:

Wow!  Just watched the onside kick from before halftime and I wish I could figure out how to save it and share it... Perfectly executed onside kick, we didn't touch their guy, they hit us in the back, we recover the ball... Ref gives them the ball and marks off 15 yards against us... oh, and the flag comes in about 3-5seconds late.... PNG dominated the second half and won the game , but can anyone deny that this little bonus for them was a complete momentum shift in the game

I didn't see the replay, but the fact that there's been no rebuttal to this post, and the follow up post by MYHOUSE, leads me to believe the Refs blew the call.  Would Vidor have scored?  Would the Indians still have dominated in the second half?  We'll never know.  It's a shame such an important game was marred like this, but that's football/sports.  It in no way deters me from admiring the PNG team, nor from pulling for them in post season play.  Folks make mistakes.  Poop happens. Cest la vie.

Go Indians - Go Pirates

On 10/8/2016 at 2:03 AM, piratefan said:

I know you are a vidor guy guy and I respect your point. But if u was there tonight,it's not the corners.  Second time on this thread you mentioned the corners.  Said it's our "weak spot". I'm not here to point fingers . We lose as a team and win as a team. But please stop saying crap you have no idea who's guy is who's.  It wasn't the corners. I'm not saying who's guy it was, but just because u get beat on a pass doesn't mean it's on the corners. Damn watch the game instead of listen to it on the radio, or at least know what you are watching before you single two kids out not once but twice. Yes we didn't get it done tonight on a undefeated team. I get that.  But it's not the corners fault every time they complete a pass. Wasn't even gonna comment but damn dude at least know what your talking about before just saying what u "think " happened. Quick math class for u. When u have 4-5 receivers going out for a pass and you have 2 cornerbacks.. Figure that one out.

Since you are a "Staff member" calling me out in the forum, let me give you a "quick math class"

BH 14/18 212 78% - 15 yards per completion 
Lumb 10/16 245 63% - 24.5 yards per completion 
PNG 9/13 223 69% - 24.7 yards per completion 

Skylar Langelier 39-yard passfrom Cameron Cauthen

Dylan Griffis 34-yard passfrom Cameron Cauthen

Parker Burgess 29-yard passfrom Cameron Cauthen

Remington Boykin 67-yard passfrom Brett Marcentell

Keynel McZeal 58-yard passfrom Roschon Johnson

Those are not stats of a team with strong defensive backs.  I appreciate the fact you can watch the games, but maybe you don't understand the game as well as you think.  I could throw out the passing numbers we gave up against Dayton, Montgomery, Angleton, and Summer Creek during our previous playoff run.  But I'm sure it will be a mute point to you.  Outscoring your opponent in a shootout is not defense.  Even in our lean years, late 80s and 90s we had respectful defenses.  

"4-5 receivers going out for a pass and you have 2 cornerbacks".  One of the most stupid statements I have even seen.  You say this as if we are the only team that has to defend against it.  Do other teams have 4-5 cornerbacks?  Have you ever watched a high school football game that didn't involve Vidor?  Might be worth taking a look how some defenses shut down passing offenses.  With your logic, only passing teams are successful.  I beg to differ.  Research stats from the state championship games last year.

It is a trend because of one major reason...how can you prepare DBs when you don't throw downfield in practice? Do your research before you call out a fellow fan Mr. Staff member.

• Bigdog locked this topic