Port Neches-Groves 41 Vidor 22/FINAL

WOSgrad

PNG outgained Vidor 431-312 in total yards.

Vidor   PNG

First downs    17       12

Rushes-yards 41-298           24-190

Passing yards            14       241

Total yards     312     431

Comp-Att-Int 1-3-0  11-16-0

Fumbles-lost  1-0      0-0

Penalties-yards         1-5      5-40

45 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

PNG outgained Vidor 431-312 in total yards.

Vidor   PNG

First downs    17       12

Rushes-yards 41-298           24-190

Passing yards            14       241

Total yards     312     431

Comp-Att-Int 1-3-0  11-16-0

Fumbles-lost  1-0      0-0

Penalties-yards         1-5      5-40

The penalty yards are not correct. Vidor had at least one holding call and the big 15 yrd penalty for kick catch interference on the onside kick.

9 minutes ago, vp93 said:

The penalty yards are not correct. Vidor had at least one holding call and the big 15 yrd penalty for kick catch interference on the onside kick.

I do not remember any holing calls on vidor.... DO you rmemeber what quarter. Vidor played dang near a penalty free game...

2 minutes ago, Realville said:

Dude I have already congratulated y'all on a good game along with a lot other Vidor posters. Y'all were the better team tonight. No need to keep acting like an A-hole.

but I am so get over it lol  It was a great game in first half, that is how two good teams should play, one scores the other answers right back. This board is for just that smack talking so don't get your panties in a knot it is all in fun.  I think the change JM made at qb helped yall out a lot the kid can ball. Would love to see yall get another shot at Barbers Hill. Would make an interesting game for sure. Good luck to yall here on out.

8 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

but I am so get over it lol  It was a great game in first half, that is how two good teams should play, one scores the other answers right back. This board is for just that smack talking so don't get your panties in a knot it is all in fun.  I think the change JM made at qb helped yall out a lot the kid can ball. Would love to see yall get another shot at Barbers Hill. Would make an interesting game for sure. Good luck to yall here on out.

I love to talk smack too, but when we win I accept the congrats. Congratulate them back an move on. Good Luck the rest of the year.

Congratulations to the PNG team on a great game. Last night, I witnessed something special, but it happened after the game on the Vidor track side of the field. PNG's #22 Logan LeJeune, bringing his mother with him, came over to compliment Maverick Quirante as a fellow athlete and person. He introduced his mother and was gracious and respectful to Maverick and his family, and by extension, to the Vidor team. Hats off to this young man and his family for being a gracious winner after being a fierce competitor on the field. I think we need to keep in mind that the quality of a person is found in the quality of the person, and not measured by what town we are from, our win-loss column, out stats, nor our talent level. Although those may factor in developing into successful and contributing adult citizens, all that is just for fun... spice for life. Being an elite athlete, LeJeune, could easily have gone back to his locker room, teammates, friends and home to bask in his great victory, which it was. But in his winning, he stopped to acknowledge his fellow competitor's efforts... what an impressive young man. I wish the best to LeJeune and his team from here on out!

11 minutes ago, LoloQ said:

Congratulations to the PNG team on a great game. Last night, I witnessed something special, but it happened after the game on the Vidor track side of the field. PNG's #22 Logan LeJeune, bringing his mother with him, came over to compliment Maverick Quirante as a fellow athlete and person. He introduced his mother and was gracious and respectful to Maverick and his family, and by extension, to the Vidor team. Hats off to this young man and his family for being a gracious winner after being a fierce competitor on the field. I think we need to keep in mind that the quality of a person is found in the quality of the person, and not measured by what town we are from, our win-loss column, out stats, nor our talent level. Although those may factor in developing into successful and contributing adult citizens, all that is just for fun... spice for life. Being an elite athlete, LeJeune, could easily have gone back to his locker room, teammates, friends and home to bask in his great victory, which it was. But in his winning, he stopped to acknowledge his fellow competitor's efforts... what an impressive young man. I wish the best to LeJeune and his team from here on out!

That's good stuff!

10 minutes ago, LoloQ said:

Good friend of ours and we go to the same church. I love that kid and his family. I am glad he did that and not surprised. Them Quirante kids are Surely blessed in their abilities. 

Maverick and all the Quirante boys are definitely gifted! I really was impressed with Vidors entire team. PNG had a great match up and made a big statement going into next weeks game. Logan Lejune is a great kid and very mature. He has the ability to get along with just about everyone and will applaud great talent even when it's across the line from him. He's just as good of a kid off the field as he is on the field. Vidor will make a statement in playoffs and probably surprise lots of people in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

Vidor probably should incorporate some sort of passing game. If Vidor gets down by a couple of td's by the 4th it is hard to catch up. If we are down a couple td's, we can score quickly. I know I am stating the obvious....

Disagree. The offense we run is the best for our kids. The problem in every district game we've played is getting too conservative in the 2nd half on our play calling. Did it against Ozen, Ned, Lumb, and now you guys. We get a lead (or good lead) and then we sit on it trying to run Maverick every other play. Please, we have three great backs besides Mav and the trick to our offense is to keep you guessing who has the ball. Y'all keyed on Mav in the 2nd half and our OC kept giving him the ball. If I can call the plays....

2 hours ago, bballfan123 said:

Maverick and all the Quirante boys are definitely gifted! I really was impressed with Vidors entire team. PNG had a great match up and made a big statement going into next weeks game. Logan Lejune is a great kid and very mature. He has the ability to get along with just about everyone and will applaud great talent even when it's across the line from him. He's just as good of a kid off the field as he is on the field. Vidor will make a statement in playoffs and probably surprise lots of people in my opinion. 

We'll get our act together. 2011 y'all beat the crud out of us at the Rez with Montana at QB; we went to the Regional Semis that year. Something about purple haze stadium...

12 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Well, I wondered how vidor would fare against a fully loaded offense. If they play like they did in the first half against PNG then the Vidor/PAM game will be  interesting. Maybe playing PNG first was the ticket to JM preparing against PAM?  

I think vidor will beat Pam,just watch and see there tough and will run it down your throats all night,i don't think Pam will stop that off,it don't matter how good your off is if there on the side lines all night vidor controls the clock so i really do believe vidor will win,and it's at the boneyard they will be more fired up at home.

9 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

I think vidor will beat Pam,just watch and see there tough and will run it down your throats all night,i don't think Pam will stop that off,it don't matter how good your off is if there on the side lines all night vidor controls the clock so i really do believe vidor will win,and it's at the boneyard they will be more fired up at home.

Lol. . . 

4 hours ago, LoloQ said:

Thankyou for this post. Its heart warming and helps us remember the football is just a game. Its one of the very things that I have always hear the coach Matthews teaches. He is a great coach but he is even a better man.

6 hours ago, Maddog33 said:

lol you right about that. hope yall play that good against the dogs or else its going to be 7 in a row

Yeah yeah i know we say it every year but the dogs are in trouble this game won't even be close,the only thing dogs can pray for is for shug to get hurt,this team crushes the dogs and that trophy comes where it belongs,get back to me if we loose and i will man up but its not going to happen this year brother,and whats going to happen when we win is knock dogs out of playoffs that will be the game that decides it,watch and cry a river,lol.

• Bigdog locked this topic