Silsbee 35 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 20/FINAL

WOSgrad

You have to pick your poison.  You load the box, they you have little help over the top.  You leave help out back, Tyler may break one.  

But I will say this...  I wish we exploit the deep pass more to make them pay for not having safety help over the top.  Whenever I see no safety or see Corners pressing, I'm going to Kalon.. 

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You have to pick your poison. Whenever I see no safety or see Corners pressing, I'm going to Kalon.. 

They rolled the safety over Kalon all night except for maybe 4-5 times.

One went for a 40 yd completion but was under thrown a bit. If it was on point it was six.

Maybe need to audible out of run play on 1st down if that continues to happen. Too much talent for man to man and not try to capitalize on it.

8 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee needs to pass better for sure. I'm still looking for Jones to connect better with his WRs. He has the ability to make plays with his arm and legs. He needs to keep working on his accuracy. 

The passing game will be better when Lowe gets back...  That a what we've all been waiting for...

Another thing I noticed.  Most of Silsbee's passing routes are too congested.  If you  do a playaction pass and you have 2 receivers within 5 yards of where the rollout happens, there's many defenders around.  I'm thinking dragging another recoever the from the oposite side of the play...  Or basically have a deep , medium, and a short recuever nowhere close to each other...

Was talking last night about how we need to have a little more threat from the passing game going forward.  Lowe should help that.  One of the problems I have noticed is  that Jones is normally under too much pressure when throwing.  This may be that we have missed a block but I think more times than not it is either because of the defense loading the box for the run or it just taking too long for the pass to be made.  Now I have personally never been a big fan of that quick swing pass, but we need some quick passes to try and help spread out the defense.  Having that speed of both Lowe and Barnes will hopefully get this going.  And if we do spread the defense out, the way Tyler is running, well...............