Newton 42 Crockett 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

18 hours ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

The key to Newton winning multiple state championships is their ability to defend the pass, and passiing the football acuratly. It is a threat this year. It could be better, but it's good enough to win a state championship. Pass defense could improve. It is definitely better than years past. But they are prone to get burned by the d backs defending run first. In my opinion, Newton has failed to win 2-3 state championships, due to a week secondary. And the absence of any passing game to speak of. I'm definitely a Newton fan. Just stating as what I believe is the obvious. It's hard to win a state championship even if you have the best team. There is 4-5 other teams that can beat Newton if everything goes well for them, or if Newton makes mistakes or throws the football away. Barbay will need to be on his game when they play teams that throw the ball well. Let there be no doubt Crockett is one of those teams. Newton should win a another state championship. But they will have to be on their A Game. They have the best team, if they play like it, barring injuries. Champions again.

i can respect this!

5 hours ago, Back2swag said:

I agree with Newton not having a passing have but the secondary has been great the last few years . It has already produced 2 D1 corner backs . Roney Elam Texas A&M. Dj Dean Arkansas . 

If you think Newton's pass defense is great you better go take a look at that Silsbee game film.

21 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

If you think Newton's pass defense is great you better go take a look at that Silsbee game film.

Go back and look at it, it wasn't as bad as you think. They caught the two balls in endzone but four of them they were caught for big plays were busted plays where the quarterback was running around and hit the TE who wasn't apart of the route combination and another one was a skip pass off the ground to the back they only hit them twice one was a jump ball in back of end zone and another deep ball. The secondary has played really well this season. The held Crockett to 147 yards last week. Silsbee only had 187 considering how many times both those teams threw the ball in that game

10 minutes ago, EaglesFootball said:

Go back and look at it, it wasn't as bad as you think. They caught the two balls in endzone but four of them they were caught for big plays were busted plays where the quarterback was running around and hit the TE who wasn't apart of the route combination and another one was a skip pass off the ground to the back they only hit them twice one was a jump ball in back of end zone and another deep ball. The secondary has played really well this season. The held Crockett to 147 yards last week. Silsbee only had 187 considering how many times both those teams threw the ball in that game

Carry on keep your rose colored glasses on.

Secondary D1 players 

2012 - Brent Spikes McNeese

2013 - DJ Dean Arkansas

2014 - Kevin Shorter Texas

2015 - Calum Foster McNeese & Roney Elam A&M

2016 - Gabe Foster McNeese

2019 Class - T. Brown (CB) & Josh Foster (FS) will choosing what D1 school they want to play at come their senior year. I don't think they have been hurting too bad in that area. But, it is correct that Newton should have way more titles than they have. 

20 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

No rose colored glasses its true, the film will show you that is why I said go back and look at it the secondary is not bad nothing on the defense is bad if anything that is the strength of this team 

Then it was all in my imagination when Silsbee receivers were 10 to 15 yards behind any Newton players.

20 hours ago, Rajin Cajun said:

Secondary D1 players 

2012 - Brent Spikes McNeese

2013 - DJ Dean Arkansas

2014 - Kevin Shorter Texas

2015 - Calum Foster McNeese & Roney Elam A&M

2016 - Gabe Foster McNeese

2019 Class - T. Brown (CB) & Josh Foster (FS) will choosing what D1 school they want to play at come their senior year. I don't think they have been hurting too bad in that area. But, it is correct that Newton should have way more titles than they have. 

Go ahead and put LB tanner holmes on that list.. ULL

2 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Then it was all in my imagination when Silsbee receivers were 10 to 15 yards behind any Newton players.

One on one between a receiver with power five offers and two sophomore cornerbacks... Hey, it happens sometimes. Newton plays man to man with no help. So, i'd say the two young guys held their own against that kid. 

2 hours ago, crazeddeer said:

Are any of y'all aware that Newton punted almost the entire second half against crockett they scored once on offense and once on defense but carry on with y'all's discussion cut all the miscues by crockett and you got a different ballgame.

Well if it's hard to lose like that maybe Crockett should win ,......or lose in a better way next time, Crockett is no slouch a win is a win

3 hours ago, crazeddeer said:

Are any of y'all aware that Newton punted almost the entire second half against crockett they scored once on offense and once on defense but carry on with y'all's discussion cut all the miscues by crockett and you got a different ballgame.

We are also aware Newton was doing sone major subs after being up 28-6 at half 

On 10/18/2016 at 11:23 AM, crazeddeer said:
On 10/18/2016 at 11:23 AM, crazeddeer said:

LOL not true, check your stats before you making false statements. Newton punted twice in the entire game. Once in the first half and once in the second.......and like purpleeagle said miscues are a part of the game.