Strong close to losing Job??

D3zii

26 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

I believe they have already talked to certain coaches, or their agents I should say, and have made offers to them so at the end of the season the transition takes place quickly.

It will have to happen right when the regular season is over.  With Charlie's wait and see recruiting, Texas is currently ranked 59th in the country with only 7 commits(Carson supposedly wont qualify so really only 6.)

If they wait until after the bowl games, the new staff will have to make up a ton of ground in less than a month.  The new coach would be behind before he even started. 

16 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

It will have to happen right when the regular season is over.  With Charlie's wait and see recruiting, Texas is currently ranked 59th in the country with only 7 commits(Carson supposedly wont qualify so really only 6.)

If they wait until after the bowl games, the new staff will have to make up a ton of ground in less than a month.  The new coach would be behind before he even started. 

I sent your post to Perrin so they'll know

3 hours ago, Coach85 said:

I believe they have already talked to certain coaches, or their agents I should say, and have made offers to them so at the end of the season the transition takes place quickly.

I wonder who,?? Is really no coaches that jump off the bored at this point 

37 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

Herman for sure. Larry Fedora would be another one they may be looking at. They may even fill out Les Miles. Maybe even talk with Art Briles and see what he thinks about coming in on a tight leash.

I'm not to much feeling Herman right Now..he had 1 big season and now were drooling, isn't that how we got in this position to begin with...We need to go for proven..

Fedora is good we should also look at a Chip Kelly, John Harbaugh, ect...

Les no, he's to stubborn at least Strong tried to change 

Briles, no we don't need the rep. Is already hard as it is to recruit in Texas..

56 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I'm not to much feeling Herman right Now..he had 1 big season and now were drooling, isn't that how we got in this position to begin with...We need to go for proven..

Fedora is good we should also look at a Chip Kelly, John Harbaugh, ect...

Les no, he's to stubborn at least Strong tried to change 

Briles, no we don't need the rep. Is already hard as it is to recruit in Texas..

Kelley also has "show cause issues" with the nc2a

I would have PJ Fleck on the vetting list.

IMO

All vetting should be completed prior to talking

4 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

Kelley also has "show cause issues" with the nc2a

I would have PJ Fleck on the vetting list.

IMO

All vetting should be completed prior to talking

TBH imo the best coaching Candidate out there is Bobby Petrine from Louisville...He's been proven time and time again..He won before he left and he's still winning...

Kyle Whittingham from Utah should get a look,..he said even very successful with sub par talent in Utah 

Do you guys think Jim Tressell would be a good fit..I honestly do but with what happen at Ohio State I know it would be A shaky choice 

Per 247

"[According to a Power Five assistant whose team played Texas this season and last year, the stem of the issue for the Longhorns isn’t found in the losses themselves.

It’s a squandering of talent.

“I don’t care if he wins out,” the assistant told 247Sports this week — before Texas' loss Saturday. “He’s gotta go. If you could see what we saw on film [defensively], it’s unbelievable. Their players are so talented. I don’t care what they say. These guys are not coaching them.

“Tom Herman would have this roster in the Final Four next year.”

Another coaching staff who played Texas this season came away with the impression that as physically imposing as the Longhorns are off the bus, they're soft on the field.

The 41-year-old Herman is a former Texas graduate assistant and recruits the Lone Star State as well as anyone. He’s a shiny toy in the window display for the Longhorns. Many boosters, sources say, are afraid if they don’t act now he’ll be snatched up by someone else. LSU is looking for a new coach; Oregon could be as well, and it’s not out of the question that UCLA and USC do the same in Herman’s home state. All are attractive jobs, and Texas can’t expect Herman to wait around if it gives Strong another year.

Despite back-to-back losing seasons to open his Texas tenure, Strong reeled in a pair of Top 10 recruiting classes. Five-star linebacker Malik Jefferson headlined those groups, and he backed that up in his first season earning Freshman All-American honors.

But Jefferson, in high school a roving havoc maker on the edge, is playing middle linebacker at Texas and has struggled. He’s totaled 40 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and two sacks. It appeared against Kansas State that Texas briefly benched Jefferson. Those numbers aren’t bad, but they’re also not the step forward many predicted when Jefferson was named Big 12 Preseason Defensive Player of the Year.

“Malik isn’t the same guy as he was last year,” the assistant said. “We’d die for a player with that talent, but he’s not being used right. He needs to be on the edge. If you run at him, he’s weak.”

It’s not just Jefferson with stunted growth. Holton Hill and Davante Davis earned All-Big 12 honors as freshman, but both have slumped as sophomores. Hill isn’t even on the field for large stretches of the game as Texas sits at 102nd nationally against the pass.

“Their cornerbacks, guys Charlie recruited, are not being coached up,” the assistant said.

All in all, the Longhorns have the No. 11 most-talented roster in college football, per the 247Sports Team Talent Composite, yet at 3-4, don't have the record to match.

Strong fostered a reputation as a talent developer in his time at Louisville. The Cardinals, with players Strong recruited, had draft picks in record-breaking numbers the past two NFL drafts.
/QUOTE]"

4 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

Per 247

"[According to a Power Five assistant whose team played Texas this season and last year, the stem of the issue for the Longhorns isn’t found in the losses themselves.

It’s a squandering of talent.

“I don’t care if he wins out,” the assistant told 247Sports this week — before Texas' loss Saturday. “He’s gotta go. If you could see what we saw on film [defensively], it’s unbelievable. Their players are so talented. I don’t care what they say. These guys are not coaching them.

Tom Herman would have this roster in the Final Four next year.”

Another coaching staff who played Texas this season came away with the impression that as physically imposing as the Longhorns are off the bus, they're soft on the field.

The 41-year-old Herman is a former Texas graduate assistant and recruits the Lone Star State as well as anyone. He’s a shiny toy in the window display for the Longhorns. Many boosters, sources say, are afraid if they don’t act now he’ll be snatched up by someone else. LSU is looking for a new coach; Oregon could be as well, and it’s not out of the question that UCLA and USC do the same in Herman’s home state. All are attractive jobs, and Texas can’t expect Herman to wait around if it gives Strong another year.

Despite back-to-back losing seasons to open his Texas tenure, Strong reeled in a pair of Top 10 recruiting classes. Five-star linebacker Malik Jefferson headlined those groups, and he backed that up in his first season earning Freshman All-American honors.

But Jefferson, in high school a roving havoc maker on the edge, is playing middle linebacker at Texas and has struggled. He’s totaled 40 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and two sacks. It appeared against Kansas State that Texas briefly benched Jefferson. Those numbers aren’t bad, but they’re also not the step forward many predicted when Jefferson was named Big 12 Preseason Defensive Player of the Year.

“Malik isn’t the same guy as he was last year,” the assistant said. “We’d die for a player with that talent, but he’s not being used right. He needs to be on the edge. If you run at him, he’s weak.”

It’s not just Jefferson with stunted growth. Holton Hill and Davante Davis earned All-Big 12 honors as freshman, but both have slumped as sophomores. Hill isn’t even on the field for large stretches of the game as Texas sits at 102nd nationally against the pass.

“Their cornerbacks, guys Charlie recruited, are not being coached up,” the assistant said.

All in all, the Longhorns have the No. 11 most-talented roster in college football, per the 247Sports Team Talent Composite, yet at 3-4, don't have the record to match.

Strong fostered a reputation as a talent developer in his time at Louisville. The Cardinals, with players Strong recruited, had draft picks in record-breaking numbers the past two NFL drafts.
/QUOTE]"

They sure about that?? He can't even beat SMU and run a non power 5 conference...

i know Strong has to go, but I just don't wanna make the mistake of getting a coach and it not working out again and putting Texas 5 more years back...

but i I do agree Texas is soft but I just don't get it...Charlie had Florida right and he also had Louisville right...I don't see how he can't do it now with better talent smh

4 minutes ago, D3zii said:

They sure about that?? He can't even beat SMU and run a non power 5 conference...

i know Strong has to go, but I just don't wanna make the mistake of getting a coach and it not working out again and putting Texas 5 more years back...

but i I do agree Texas is soft but I just don't get it...Charlie had Florida right and he also had Louisville right...I don't see how he can't do it now with better talent smh

His team has lost focus.

1. They lost a game and all chances at the playoff due mainly to their inability to join a Power 5 conference. Then they lost again. They will probably lose to Louisville too.

2. Their coach is leaving at the end of the season. Mainly due to economics. UH cannot match the $5 million price that Herman may attract. They could, but they would have a student protest on their hands since the majority of the University is not sports minded. The cost increases to them would be unbearable. 

Herman's a good coach. Is he the right man for UT? Who knows.

4 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

His team has lost focus.

1. They lost a game and all chances at the playoff due mainly to their inability to join a Power 5 conference. Then they lost again. They will probably lose to Louisville too.

2. Their coach is leaving at the end of the season. Mainly due to economics. UH cannot match the $5 million price that Herman may attract. They could, but they would have a student protest on their hands since the majority of the University is not sports minded. The cost increases to them would be unbearable. 

Herman's a good coach. Is he the right man for UT? Who knows.

Well I feel he can come and Teach the players how to come down and press at the corners and stay in gap on the dline, we're already headed in the right direction..

But we need a hardnose coach like your Sabans or Myers who demand your best

21 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Well I feel he can come and Teach the players how to come down and press at the corners and stay in gap on the dline, we're already headed in the right direction..

But we need a hardnose coach like your Sabans or Myers who demand your best

Herman is an OC by profession. Not sure how he helps that problem.

Strong did not just become a bad defensive coach over night.He knows his stuff on that side of the ball. Something is just not adding up. 

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Perplexing,

isn't it!