Strong close to losing Job??

D3zii

35 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

Herman is an OC by profession. Not sure how he helps that problem.

Strong did not just become a bad defensive coach over night.He knows his stuff on that side of the ball. Something is just not adding up. 

That's what I'm saying, I just don't get it 

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

From what I heard he's not a credible source, he was the one that called the Saban to Texas a done deal a few years ago 

Saban had an agreement. 

Saban was waiting on Mack's resignation.

Saban went home and signed his new contract. Then Mack resigns.

Hookem

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Exactly. It's the same song they sang about Nick. 

we need a nice process crossing all Ts and Doting all I's...can't just jump into a decision cause of who we think is the right one..he may not be the right fit..

Fedora, 

Haurbaugh

Kelly

Whittingham

Pat Fitzgerald has done wonders at northwestern

Orgeron would also be someone to look at 

as well as others should all be giving due process if we do cut ties with strong..

10 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

Saban had an agreement. 

Hookem

I don't know about all that, not saying your wrong but idk and if that's true and Texas could truly get anybody I'd go after Urban Myer 

12 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

Saban had an agreement. 

Hookem

Saban was never coming to Texas. Saban used UT as a bargaining ploy to get more dollars out of Alabama. He might be getting paid $2M less a year there but look at the teams he is working with. He never wanted to leave Bama. 

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

Saban was never coming to Texas. Saban used UT as a bargaining ploy to get more dollars out of Alabama. He might be getting paid $2M less a year there but look at the teams he is working with. He never wanted to leave Bama. 

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

I don't know about all that, not saying your wrong but idk and if that's true and Texas could truly get anybody I'd go after Urban Myer 

Nick was at Red McCombs house the weekend of the football banquet when Mack was supposed to retire.  Mack does an about face at the banquet and announces he is returning for another season.  Nick flies back to Tuscaloosa and signs a contract that had been sitting on his desk for 2 weeks unchanged.  Mack promptly retires once Nick signs the new deal with Alabama.  Read into that what you will but the dots aren't hard to connect. 

And no, Texas can't get whoever they want obviously.  Nick was infatuated with the Texas job, his wife loves Austin, and there was a lot more cash on the table than the ungodly salary.  Mack was terrified about being replaced by Nick and was going to do whatever he could to keep that from happening.  

Urban ain't leaving Ohio St.  It, like Texas, is one of the top few jobs in the country and, more importantly, he's "home."  He's an Ohio guy at his dream job and will never leave there to coach anywhere else, unless it's an NFL job and probably has no desire to do even that given his health history. 

Peterson would be my top choice but he's not coming to Texas either.  The reason he stayed at Boise for so long is because he has a kid with health issues and needs to be in that climate.  He's not leaving the Northeast.  

I think Nick played it how he wanted to play it. Of course he went to Reds house. How do you think we know that? He's own people leaked it so Bama would know. He and his wife can to Austin or any other city in the world with the money they have. Why leave a gig like Bama?

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

And no, Texas can't get whoever they want obviously.  Nick was infatuated with the Texas job, his wife loves Austin, and there was a lot more cash on the table than the ungodly salary.  Mack was terrified about being replaced by Nick and was going to do whatever he could to keep that from happening.  

Urban ain't leaving Ohio St.  It, like Texas, is one of the top few jobs in the country and, more importantly, he's "home."  He's an Ohio guy at his dream job and will never leave there to coach anywhere else, unless it's an NFL job and probably has no desire to do even that given his health history. 

Peterson would be my top choice but he's not coming to Texas either.  The reason he stayed at Boise for so long is because he has a kid with health issues and needs to be in that climate.  He's not leaving the Northeast.  

YEA I know I was just saying...But yes Peterson would be a excellent choice..

I STIll like Harabuaghf

7 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

This is the cesspool Herby was talking about 

ACE01C3F-8692-4484-916F-17F1BC5A5DD5_zps

Not even his alma mater likes or respects this tool box.  Meanwhile, others have called it the best job in football recently.  But Herbie is the Joy Behar of college football so I can see where aggy would hold onto his every word. 

24 minutes ago, D3zii said:

YEA I know I was just saying...But yes Peterson would be a excellent choice..

I STIll like Harabuaghf

Me too but he's home too (as well at an elite program).  He's not going anywhere.  Les should have taken that job years ago.  He might still have a job with the recruits he could have gotten in a top job like Michigan. 

7 hours ago, team first said:

This the same guy that said strong was a top candidate for the LSU job? 

You can figure out if he is accurate or not. 

7 hours ago, team first said:

Here let me flip a coin heads Herman tails Petersen 

k heads it is, Herman to Texas 

Meaningless, useless rhetoric 

#btbb

Hookem