Coldspring-Oakhurst at Kirbyville

WildcatBacker

Might as well get this going. We're still licking our wounds from the thumping Woodville gave us, but in no way giving up on the year. This game could have several implications. It could be a battle for 2nd and 3rd place in district...or set things up for a 3 way tie at the top. I'm of course picking my Cats to win this (by 2 scores btw) but I'm also thinking Woodville will beat the Trojans too, which would put us in 2nd place in district. 

It will be a good game.  My Trojans just got their 1st win of the season last week over Warren 60-0.  It was a momentum builder heading into this big game.  This is tough to call because my heart is with the Coldspring Trojans but I think that the Kirbyville Wildcats are going to come out firing on all cylinders.  It will be a close game and which team has the ball last will win. Coldspring needs to bring a defensive presence that has been missing all season if they are going to compete with the Wildcats on Friday night.

Prediction

Kirbyville 21

Coldspring 19

Going to be a tough game for both teams, The Trojans are going to have to get the o-line in check if they want to compete. You cant take a 60-0 over warren and predict a season that you are half way through. Coldspring has struggled this year really finishing games. Shepherd 30 un answered points in the second half. Cs scores 21 points against a good liberty team in a total of 1:10 seconds and it was all special teams that did that. Crocket finished the game that Cs really never got started.

I am a Trojan faithful my son is a starter, but will have to take Kirbyville in this one by a score

Coldspring has the athletes to compete and win this game. Kirbyville will play a good game, and do their thing. This game will depend on which coldspring team shows up. If they are prepared and play the way they are capable, Coldspring wins by 2 scores. If they come out flat and have a bust for a game plan, kirbyville will blow them out! Being a district game that could mean a lot this year in the final standings, Coldspring should be ready! Five time undefeated back to back district championships on the line!! Let's go Trojans!!

Coldspring don't want to think about them and Kirbyville is trying to get over them..

No really,  I think there is still a lot of uncertainty surrounding this one.  Kirbyville is banged up with ALOT of kids hurt and out.  Coldspring has played some tough competition but hasn't seemed to put 4 good quarters together yet this year.  I think we are still talking about the 2 and 3 place teams in this district but both seem to be limping into this one.  Just my thoughts!

2 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Miss the great Kirbyville teams.  They'll be back but Coldspring to win.

I agree. A Woodville fan said the other day that Kirbyville had a really good team. I completely disagree. They are pretty decent but to me a very good team is what Kirbyville had back when they were making Deep playoff runs!

We'll be fine. We're not having a bad year, just not the kind we're used to having. We're really young and inexperienced. It's a reloading year. But heck, if we win the rest of the way out, I'll gladly take an 8-2 season as an 'off' year. Lol.. Especially with the losses only coming to very dominating teams. I'm gonna take my Wildcats by 2 scores in this game like I said earlier, but Coldspring is one of those teams that's much better than their record so we gotta be prepared.

• 4 weeks later...