Beaumont Central @ Nederland

Alpha Wolf

Well, this game obviously depends on how banged up the dogs are. Simmons should be back. I think the ankle sprang for qb possible could have gotten. That kid was on the turf alot. If #6 is healthy with possibly Simmons returnin , I see 24-19 nederland because they playing in nederland if I'm not mistaken. I'm pulling for central though

True. Big game for both. Definitely can affect the playoff race. Nederland's injuries and issues can either be a distraction or motivation for those kids. We'll find out at kick-off. Central's offense still scares me at times plus we had a couple big injuries on defense as well. #43 should be good. Haven't heard anything on #7 yet. 

If the kids on both sides of the ball leave it all out there Friday nite, this one with what's on the line could actually be game of the year.

2 hours ago, The Icon said:

With all the injuries and distractions for Nederland, Toby better win this one. I can only imagine the mob with torches and pitchforks chasing him out of jaguar land if he loses this game.

Kind of like the West Brook game.  If we couldn't best WB this year with the young squad they have and uncertainty at the QB position, that streak may get up to 20 years.  Smh.  With all the distractions and injuries the Bulldogs have, if we can't beat them this year, it'll be another couple of years for them too.  

Pitchfork in hand...:)

I can see it now.  We'll win the coin toss...  We'll defer.  Nederland scores first drive...  Wrong QB will be in, wrong offense will be ran.  Jet Sweep right, jet sweep fake, trap handoff, sack.  Punt.  (3 and out).  This will happen. Twice and we'll be down 2 scores.   I'll close my eyes for the rest of the game...

50 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I can see it now.  We'll win the coin toss...  We'll defer.  Nederland scores first drive...  Wrong QB will be in, wrong offense will be ran.  Jet Sweep right, jet sweep fake, trap handoff, sack.  Punt.  (3 and out).  This will happen. Twice and we'll be down 2 scores.   I'll close my eyes for the rest of the game...

Don't close your eyes!  I need you there to post the updates.  I'll miss this one because of a fishing tournament the next day...

15 hours ago, NDOMAKONG said:

Who are Nederlands JV and Fresh QBs, at minimum gonna need backups ready

Freshman QB is very impressive but sustained a collar bone fracture in the Freshman Vidor game. 

11 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

21 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I feel you Soulja.  I sit thru years & years of wanting to close my eyes following Vidor in the early 70's.  Always aware that the Coach should know more about football than I do, and wondering why, why, why.  Hang in!

Nederland has a very underrated defense.  After the bomb exploded in the first qtr, PAM only had 1 real big play in the game.  I believe they held them to under 300 yards total offense.  Specifically impressed with the job Soph Noah Lewis did in man coverage on Jones.  Hes turning into a kid you can roll the dice with against the opposing teams best receiver and he has the size to battle some of the taller receivers in the district.  

5 hours ago, NDOMAKONG said:

Nederland has a very underrated defense.  After the bomb exploded in the first qtr, PAM only had 1 real big play in the game.  I believe they held them to under 300 yards total offense.  Specifically impressed with the job Soph Noah Lewis did in man coverage on Jones.  Hes turning into a kid you can roll the dice with against the opposing teams best receiver and he has the size to battle some of the taller receivers in the district.  

As much as i am around the program, that's the problem, because we haven't thrown the ball enough, i don't even know who our best receiver is.  We have a couple different guys over the last couple weeks that have made some catches.  Just don't know who the go to man is...at least yet.