Woodville 38 over Kirbyville 6

Week 7 Schedule

Buna (+14) vs Kountze
Coldspring-Oakhurst  (+6) at Kirbyville
Trinity vs Woodville (+28)
Warren BYE

Team / PF - PA / Record

Buna / 129 - 131 / (3-2)(1-0)
Coldspring-Oakhurst / 127 - 100 / (1-3)(1-0)
Kirbyville / 165 - 118 / (4-2)(1-1)
Kountze / 147 - 239 / (2-4)(0-2)
Trinity / 108 - 199 / (2-4)(1-1)
Warren / 46 - 212 / (1-5)(0-2)
Woodville / 232 - 47 / (5-1)(2-0)

Week 2 of district play gave Coldspring their first win of the year and a 1-0 start to district with a huge win over Warren, 60-0. Buna had a bye week, while Trinity pulled out a good win over Kountze, 33-14. Woodville pulled off a very surprising blowout win over district favorite Kirbyville, 38-6, giving them a 2-0 start to district and a straight path to a district title.

Buna should take care of business in week 7 and win easily over Kountze and Woodville should go into Trinity and defeat the Tigers pretty soundly as well. The real pivotal battle will take place in Kirbyville as the Wildcats host the Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans. This is the second big game for Kirbyville in as many weeks, but I expect them to come out with a chip on their shoulders and win a close game over Coldspring.

Game of the Week:

Kirbyville Wildcats vs Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans

This is the most solid, disciplined and talented football team I believe I've ever seen Woodville produce. I sorely underestimated them. Many people did, but they won't now. If I was to suggest anything to Woodville, it would be to add the passing game in. Yall didn't need it against us because your run game was unstoppable. But even as solid as we are, we're a young team with a lot to learn. You'll run into teams in the playoffs though that aren't as inexperienced and can bottle up that closed in formation you run with your offensive line, plus cover any outside runs, and will force you to pass. But honestly, I was impressed last night and I'm rooting for yall the rest of the way.