Vidor @PNG

Indianforever

I'll say this again, McZeal has a big opportunity. None of Vidor's cbs can run with this guy. He is simply too fast. If there was a BIG game where he could impose his will, it will be this one. His size is just an added dimension. Anyone who knows me knows I have been critical of the kid but he has woke up a little the last two weeks. The same could be said for the favorite option in Riggs, he times out nearly the same. That deep ball is coming.

7 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Vidor's offense may work to compete for district, but does that offense work in the playoffs? Seems like you would need an elite rusher to carry your team deep in the postseason with such a run heavy O. Jamaal Charles got the ball nearly every snap and dominated everyone in his days but even that got lost a game after a certain point. Defense has to be stellar. Maybe they can prove me wrong when they make the playoffs but Idk

The same Offense got them 3 deep in 2011.  Doubt many 5A's run the Slot T, and certainly not many as well as Vidor.  Wish you where going to get to see it.  First time I did, I was looking at the wrong back about 50% of the time (course I'm old & the eyes ain't so good lol).  Playing a team that's never seen it, I could see why it would give them fits.

2 minutes ago, REBgp said:

The same Offense got them 3 deep in 2011.  Doubt many 5A's run the Slot T, and certainly not many as well as Vidor.  Wish you where going to get to see it.  First time I did, I was looking at the wrong back about 50% of the time (course I'm old & the eyes ain't so good lol).  Playing a team that's never seen it, I could see why it would give them fits.

Im out of likes, i wish there was a video broadcast. I honestly planned to see this one. I have never seen the slot-t and wanted to see it run well by a good team

26 minutes ago, REBgp said:

You took the words out of my mouth. Honestly this offense flourishes in the playoffs because y'all have the bonus of seeing this offend every year but teams in the playoffs haven't and I tell you what its hard as hell to defend if you don't know it well. Just ask Crosby and Montgomery.

2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Classic contrast in styles. The winner will be determined by who overcomes their shortcomings better. If PNG can slow down the powerful rushing attack then they should win. If Vidor wants to win they have to find a way to stop the forward pass, a concept that hasn't reached Vidor yet.  

yes that is true but we can run the ball well also

Im going to go with vidor on this one I still haven't seen enough from png to sway my decision they have averaged 40 + points but Nederland put the same amount up on 2 of the 3 teams they have played the difference is that Nederland has already played vidor an obvious better team than png has played so . png will see just exactly how good their defense is.    35-28 vidor

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I'll say this again, McZeal has a big opportunity. None of Vidor's cbs can run with this guy. He is simply too fast. If there was a BIG game where he could impose his will, it will be this one. His size is just an added dimension. Anyone who knows me knows I have been critical of the kid but he has woke up a little the last two weeks. The same could be said for the favorite option in Riggs, he times out nearly the same. That deep ball is coming.

all of our receivers should have a good game, not a short one in the bunch, could be a big night for RJ both throwing and running!

22 minutes ago, Maddog33 said:

Im going to go with vidor on this one I still haven't seen enough from png to sway my decision they have averaged 40 + points but Nederland put the same amount up on 2 of the 3 teams they have played the difference is that Nederland has already played vidor an obvious better team than png has played so . png will see just exactly how good their defense is.    35-28 vidor

you cant judge a team by who put how many points up on who. Every team matches up well with different opponents, last year Vidor should have beat Nederland, A fumble inside the ten yard line late in the game cost Vidor the game, we played yall and hung 50 points on yall. Say what you want, think what you will, we go thru this every year. Keep thinking that just because PNG hasn't played anyone that they wont go hang a 50 spot on you. Hell Barbers Hill wore yall out the first week with the spread, doubt very seriously if they have the same kind of firepower that we have but who knows, I haven't seen them play but they are surely playing some good ball! Come on Friday

i got PNG winning this. however, i don't think it's gonna be a cake walk. for pn-g, the wr's will win the battle against vidors secondary. i like vidors line to put some heat on the young QB to see how he react. i seen a post talking about mczeal....HE IS NOT THAT FAST. i seen him against silsbee. he's about as fast as PAM's big wr Ricky Thomas. the problem for vidor is the offense is going to spread you out making every defender work harder. imo, png have a four man show on offense. the qb, rb, and #11, and #12. vidor have to pick the poison to stop the passing, which will be more difficult or the run. now i'm not saying play bush league, but you HAVE TO PUT THE KID ON THE GROUND!!! johnson have not been "touched" since the season started. Vidor have to make EVERY possession count. Coach gonna have to reach deep in his bag of tricks to throw the injun defense of balance and try to keep the offense OFF the field. i will say this, vidor, however you deal with PNG, it's going to be just a little bit harder in that last game ;) i'm pulling for Vidor to upset the dancing purple fairies, it's just the slot T going to have to be PERFECT and EXECUTED!!

17 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i got PNG winning this. however, i don't think it's gonna be a cake walk. for pn-g, the wr's will win the battle against vidors secondary. i like vidors line to put some heat on the young QB to see how he react. i seen a post talking about mczeal....HE IS NOT THAT FAST. i seen him against silsbee. he's about as fast as PAM's big wr Ricky Thomas. the problem for vidor is the offense is going to spread you out making every defender work harder. imo, png have a four man show on offense. the qb, rb, and #11, and #12. vidor have to pick the poison to stop the passing, which will be more difficult or the run. now i'm not saying play bush league, but you HAVE TO PUT THE KID ON THE GROUND!!! johnson have not been "touched" since the season started. Vidor have to make EVERY possession count. Coach gonna have to reach deep in his bag of tricks to throw the injun defense of balance and try to keep the offense OFF the field. i will say this, vidor, however you deal with PNG, it's going to be just a little bit harder in that last game ;) i'm pulling for Vidor to upset the dancing purple fairies, it's just the slot T going to have to be PERFECT and EXECUTED!!

Well he doesn't have speed like Hines but he definitely runs a 4.48 What else you looking for in a running qb lol. Vick? Never said he was a blazer but he sure ain't slow. Nfl recievers time at that speed.

3 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Well he doesn't have speed like Hines but he definitely runs a 4.48 What else you looking for in a running qb lol. Vick? Never said he was a blazer but he sure ain't slow. Nfl recievers time at that speed.

He's talking about McZeal. He might not be super fast, but he eats up field quick. That kid has some long strides.

1 hour ago, Vpirate02 said:

You took the words out of my mouth. Honestly this offense flourishes in the playoffs because y'all have the bonus of seeing this offend every year but teams in the playoffs haven't and I tell you what its hard as hell to defend if you don't know it well. Just ask Crosby and Montgomery.

Seriously dude, ". . . this offense flourishes in the playoffs. . . " LOL??? That's why people laugh at y'all. One bi-district win in over five decades and you're talking about an offense flourishing in the playoffs???? That was BH's first time seeing it and they beat you by 5 tds. PLC runs the same offense Vidor does and does it with a lot more talent yet Crosby almost shut them out defensively like BH almost did in the opener. You can't look back five years ago and point to two wins the offense gave you without pointing to the 23 losses it's given you since then, or the 70+ losses Mathews had before that. People in 5A don't run that offense because they don't want to go 2-8 or 3-7 for the 5 to 10 years between playoff births, that's totally acceptable in Vidor though.

24 minutes ago, pakronos said:

My bad read it wrong. Shouldn't be teaching and reading

10 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Seriously dude, ". . . this offense flourishes in the playoffs. . . " LOL??? That's why people laugh at y'all. One bi-district win in over five decades and you're talking about an offense flourishing in the playoffs???? That was BH's first time seeing it and they beat you by 5 tds. PLC runs the same offense Vidor does and does it with a lot more talent yet Crosby almost shut them out defensively like BH almost did in the opener. You can't look back five years ago and point to two wins the offense gave you without pointing to the 23 losses it's given you since then, or the 70+ losses Mathews had before that. People in 5A don't run that offense because they don't want to go 2-8 or 3-7 for the 5 to 10 years between playoff births, that's totally acceptable in Vidor though.

I owe you lunch for that one 14.2.......

Mathews runs the slot for one reason.. Its the best offense to run for smaller, less talented teams.. That is not a knock, just a fact.. Google would verify that I am sure. Since I have been asked to keep my name calling to a minimum, I will stick to the facts. IMO, the slot is one dimensional.. If its is ineffective for Vidor during any game, there chances of winning that game are slim to none.. However, if it is effective, there chances of winning are around 33% usually.. A few years I am sure the averages are higher.. I honestly do not think PNG will stop Vidor cold in there tracks. I do think they will slow them down enough to put themselves in a position to win the game. Just like any game Vidor plays against a spread team.. If for some reason PNG gets up on them, they will need to have the ability to score quick.. Ball control is not going to be able to get it done... But if they can pound the rock and keep it close, they have the ability to win. I think PNG playing at home helps tremendously.. I think history helps tremendously... And I think the fact that noone is overlooking Vidor at this point is the last piece of the puzzle... Any other year besides the 4 or 5 in the history, these games are overlooked as stat builders.. But at this time, its do or die.. Ill take my chances with ole Fairclothe on this one.... He is going to do whatever needs to be done to win this game IMO.... I say it all the time about PAM... Its alot easier to coach when you have the best athletes on the field... And I think PNG has the better athletes in this one.. No stats, or histories, just 11 on 11... Strap em up... I know for one the PNG kids are ready for this one, think your going to see a lil SWAG.......

56 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

you cant judge a team by who put how many points up on who. Every team matches up well with different opponents, last year Vidor should have beat Nederland, A fumble inside the ten yard line late in the game cost Vidor the game, we played yall and hung 50 points on yall. Say what you want, think what you will, we go thru this every year. Keep thinking that just because PNG hasn't played anyone that they wont go hang a 50 spot on you. Hell Barbers Hill wore yall out the first week with the spread, doubt very seriously if they have the same kind of firepower that we have but who knows, I haven't seen them play but they are surely playing some good ball! Come on Friday

The difference is that BH is coached a lot better than PNG. They're both soft on defense but it's harder to expose BH's softness now. Last four games I've got to see PNG play they given up 49, 56, 41 and 48 respectively. Angleton mashed it down PNG's throat, Dayton slung it around the yard and Crosby did a little of both. After supposedly having a decent defense last year they gave up 89 points in their two playoff games because up until then they didn't play anybody that could score efficiently except Nederland who they also lost to. I really don't even think blowing Vidor out Friday means much.

It is killing 14.2 that Crosby could not stop Vidors one dimensional offense even though they new what was coming. I was at that game. The score didn't show how bad y'all got beat down physically. Just give the kids there due. Believe me nobody from Vidor thinks we're a football Mecca but whether the kids have a good season or bad season the community back them. Like I've said on this board before Crosby is the greatest High School Football program known to mankind.....Just ask them they will tell ya!

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

"Seriously dude" bhhaaaaaa.  Since Vidor beat y'all so bad, with that Slot T, that makes me so wonder about your IQ.  Or, as Realville pointed out, you just can't get over it.  I can't blame you on that.  Most Vidor fans can't stop thinking about it either.  Btw, yes, one Bidistrict win in 5 decades, but Vidor hadn't run that offense for 5 decades.  But that offense sent Crosby to the basketball court.  Yes, seriously dude.  

Oh, and will again this year if y'all make the playoffs.  If not, pull for the Spartans. 

Well then please explain to me how it had your team down 42-20. 

The difference is that BH is coached a lot better than PNG. They're both soft on defense but it's harder to expose BH's softness now. Last four games I've got to see PNG play they given up 49, 56, 41 and 48 respectively. Angleton mashed it down PNG's throat, Dayton slung it around the yard and Crosby did a little of both. After supposedly having a decent defense last year they gave up 89 points in their two playoff games because up until then they didn't play anybody that could score efficiently except Nederland who they also lost to. I really don't even think blowing Vidor out Friday means much.

no argument there, but you will never hear me this year saying our defense is worldbeaters, I don't know where they got landshark defense from, I have to agree with you for once, Angleton gashed us up pretty good. But I don't know why you are coming here throwing up statistics the last time you saw us play, could care less. This has nothing to do with us playing Vidor, if history has anything to do with it PNG will beat the brakes off of them like last year, but im not saying they will but have a good feeling. As for Barbers Hill s coach you right he is better than ours as he is better than the cougs!! So whats your point, as for games against your cougs I think we have more wins than losses soooo?

5 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Riggs has slowly become one of my favorite players, the kid manages to make the big play on a frequent basis. I would love to see RJ run a lil more, wish they would go five wide send em deep and let RJ run crazy! What I don't understand is why they don't utilize Mcgown more, last year the guy was beastmode, this year im  like scratching my head.