Vidor @PNG

Indianforever

1 hour ago, Whoa said:

You  don't know what you are talking about I was a PNG letterman 74,75 and76  as a 2nd teamer in 74/75 we called it 3QA which meant 3rd quarter action  -- if we were up by 21 the 1st team started the 2nd half then 2nd/3rd the rest of the game.  That's is the absolute truth. 

The problem was our 2nd/3rd teamers sere better than all the others 1st teamers in District.

That, my friend IS the FACT

Your memory is incorrect.

Whoa, I thought you were a Nederland fan, you are always posting in regards to we, (as in Nederland), and bad mouthing PNG.

Whoa-“PNG should kill us they are extremely talented and pretty.  This should be their best group since??? last year with Morse and the year before that and the year before that and the year before, etc... All we do is out coach them and win at the end”

Whoa-“Been like that for PNG since 1974 when Kyle Aggilard pushed down our db to catch a game winning pass that put them in the playoffs - our program went down and they started that 5/6 year run.  They really do look pretty but look at all the personal fouls that GET called against them and the ones that don't.   Must be the purple sun glasses”

If you were a PN-G letterman in 74, 75, and 76, how did Kyle A. push down OUR DB? 

Just Curious!!!

bark

4 hours ago, REBgp said:

Well, your post has some interesting history on your community.  Personally, I enjoyed the lesson.  I love history.  And though I'm not cognizant of the football history between these two teams in the last 26 years, I saw many games prior to 1990.  Was PNG good most of the time?  Almost always.  When Doug Ethridge was coaching them in the 70's, they were referred to as the University of PNG.  I also remember many games when they never pulled their starters, even though leading by 50 points.  PNG had a back named Jeff "the Jet" Bergeron, I think he made All State, but he could fly.  I was watching the game and kept waiting for them to pull him.  Don't remember the exact score, about 64-6, but Jeff scored that last TD.  Point is, for many older folks, they remember those many time when the score was ran up on Vidor.  Fair?  You bet.  Classless?  You bet.  Not blaming the community of PNG, just explaining why many don't respect your Honor, Pride and Tradition.  It's not jealousy.  Here endeth the lesson.

Expect it to be a Great Game.  Hope it's injury free.  Go Pirates :) 

I can respect that! You are knowledgeable enough to have a conversation with unlike the Vidorian I spoke of. Yes the History of the reservation is very interesting. Historians say from the school property through PN park to the river was home to two different tribes in different era's. It would take an imaginative mind to conjure up a vision of Indian Teepees and burial mounds at the same site we play football games. Yet 200 years ago, that was the location of the only Indian village in Jefferson county. As far as running up the score, Faircloth Tride's can never be accused of that. Love him or hate him he rarely puts 50 on a team, and if he does he has no choice as unforeseen events like  scope and score etc. Or the lack of not being able to stop a dive that goes for 60. He respects his 2nd and 3rd strings effort at practice and wants everyone to play.. im sure not every one is jealous of the program, but the Best thing I EVER  did years ago was move my family to PNG. Say what you will but not many school have the tradition this school has. If you only lived in one city your whole life you will never know there is better places. Home is home true, but I have attended many schools in different states and nothing comes close to PNG. My Lessons are endless. Im here all day.

1 hour ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

:)

2 hours ago, bballfan123 said:

In his defense when #22 is constantly making phenomenal plays he definitely deserves to be talked about. I think some of the people on this thread should try to call PNG games and see how easy its NOT. I have heard that they are given MANY rules as to what UIL/coaches will allow them to say and what they are not allowed to say. So when you're constantly having to be mindful of those many rules I dont think its as easy as "just calling the game." I also know they fought tooth and nail to get PNG Radio to the community because so many fans were upset when they couldn't make games especially sell out games like mid county madness. Lets praise these guys instead of talking about how annoying they are because they also do this for FREE because all three of them love the game and love Indian Nation. Lance, Francis, and Rachael do a great job. 

I have no problem with him tooting Logan's horn, he deserves it, hands down,.  Never said its easy to call a game.  I have no doubt it's not.  Just saying that the fake Cajun accent is ridiculous.   My opinion and like you, I'm entitled to mine.

1 hour ago, Moose74 said:

I can respect that! You are knowledgeable enough to have a conversation with unlike the Vidorian I spoke of. Yes the History of the reservation is very interesting. Historians say from the school property through PN park to the river was home to two different tribes in different era's. It would take an imaginative mind to conjure up a vision of Indian Teepees and burial mounds at the same site we play football games. Yet 200 years ago, that was the location of the only Indian village in Jefferson county. As far as running up the score, Faircloth Tride's can never be accused of that. Love him or hate him he rarely puts 50 on a team, and if he does he has no choice as unforeseen events like  scope and score etc. Or the lack of not being able to stop a dive that goes for 60. He respects his 2nd and 3rd strings effort at practice and wants everyone to play.. im sure not every one is jealous of the program, but the Best thing I EVER  did years ago was move my family to PNG. Say what you will but not many school have the tradition this school has. If you only lived in one city your whole life you will never know there is better places. Home is home true, but I have attended many schools in different states and nothing comes close to PNG. My Lessons are endless. Im here all day.

that about sums it up im a homer for sure and I am hard on them at times, but I expect them to excel and win, that is where the fun begins, we brain wash our kids at the earliest age possible, and continue to instill it in their heads all the way till they graduate. It is a way of life and I couldn't imagine it any other way.

3 minutes ago, PNG 4 ever said:

I have no problem with him tooting Logan's horn, he deserves it, hands down,.  Never said its easy to call a game.  I have no doubt it's not.  Just saying that the fake Cajun accent is ridiculous.   My opinion and like you, I'm entitled to mine.

amen, I could call the game but lord they would wear out the bleep button with all the profanity that would be spewed lol. I have no problem with him calling game just stick to the basics lol. I can do without all the ridiculousness. Yes he is obsessed with Lejune, that is great, but there are 10 other players trying to make it happen too, show them some love, just not in the Cajun accent!

2 hours ago, Whoa said:

You  don't know what you are talking about I was a PNG letterman 74,75 and76  as a 2nd teamer in 74/75 we called it 3QA which meant 3rd quarter action  -- if we were up by 21 the 1st team started the 2nd half then 2nd/3rd the rest of the game.  That's is the absolute truth. 

The problem was our 2nd/3rd teamers sere better than all the others 1st teamers in District.

That, my friend IS the FACT

Your memory is incorrect.

you are correct! and now days it has to do with booster club and how much money daddy is throwing into the pot. Second and third stringers are hungry , sub em in early not late and develop them like on the job training, don't just use them as hitting dummies in practice, and let them get two three minutes at the end of the game. The way I see it Boast should come in every now and then for RJ just to make sure he is ready to go in case RJ goes down. Boast has a lil fire to him at the qb position also.

1 hour ago, Moose74 said:

I've posted many times, that "T" word, tradition, is a huge advantage for PNG, Ned, WOS, and Newton.  For example, in most years, if Vidor (or most teams w/out the T) is down by 14 midway thru the 4th Qtr, their mindset is, We gave it a good shot.  Teams with tradition in that situation are thinking, Let's see what we can do to win this game.  And anyone who wouldn't want that advantage is goofy.  

I agree, Coach Faircloth doesn't run up the score if he can help it.  I'm no football coach, but giving the second & third teams a chance to play, seems like what you'd want to do when possible.  Looking forward to the game.  I'll be following the posts.  If I can get out of my recliner, I'll be going to watch Evadale.

Going to Hull Daisetta to watch Evadale JV game tonight.

I thought this thread would be at 20 pages by now

Seems like the last few pages have consisted of PNG spouting off historical facts, then Vidor responding along the lines of history not mattering. Followed by PNG mentioning their undefeated record, then Vidor responding about PNG not having played anyone.

Have I missed anything?

5 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Seems like the last few pages have consisted of PNG spouting off historical facts, then Vidor responding along the lines of history not mattering. Followed by PNG mentioning their undefeated record, the Vidor responding about PNG not having played anyone.

Have I missed anything?

I think someone mentioned seeing a UFO, but I'm not sure what thread :) 

28 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Seems like the last few pages have consisted of PNG spouting off historical facts, then Vidor responding along the lines of history not mattering. Followed by PNG mentioning their undefeated record, then Vidor responding about PNG not having played anyone.

Have I missed anything?

Yep.. You have missed BG and myself stirring the pot....... That is worth 6 pages on any thread!!!!! Keep trying...

30 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Have I missed anything?

Do you have a special memory you would like to share?

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

No, while I may be a tad senile, I do remember The Jet making the last TD.  He came off the field with his helmet off,  He was hotdogging when hotdogging wasn't cool.  It was 1973 and score was 52-6 (had to look it up on History thread).  And it's possible he ran behind the second string OL.  I will agree that in those days, yes, the second string for PNG would have probably won Dist.  I went to the Astrodome backing the Indians about that time, so probably saw you play.  Had another TB who I thought made All State (in some selection).  Think his name was Blake Green, but not sure.  Y'all had a big tight end, who's name escapes me, but he recovered an offensive fumble in the end zone for a TD, in the game I attended.  And in 1975, which I believe is the year y'all won state, you only beat Vidor 28-22.  Probably your closest Dist game.  You must remember, in my initial post, I was talking about a span of 22 years.  Not just when you played.   And that, my friend is a FACT.

#1 Jeff never played for Doug! Sr 73 (72 season) went to UH  He played for Watson .Doug started in 73  (74 senior class) ) - do better research

#2 Blake is correct  #42 best 147 tackle trap back we had- groomsman in my wedding -  Sr 77 (76 season) went to Nichols State

#3 Aggie graduated in 76 #85 (75 season) went to Tennesee

#4 we did go to the cow pasture and barley win

Respectfully I don't know FOR SURE about any other years other than 74 -76 football seasons - I was there for every practice, game, 2 a days, offseason and parties. 

Tanks for bringing back the memories!!!

5 hours ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

Spoken well.

Here is a good analogy for Robert Smith (Curelover).... When you are a kid in Port Neches and Groves, you play sports from a early age. You have 2 types of parents.. The parents they give the participant ribbons and tell you "We are all winners"... Then the ones that tell you.."You just lost, if you want to win, you better give more"... Usually, by middle school, the Participant parents head out of town and the others push the kids to strive for excellence... This goes with you throughout life... I want to win at everything I do... If I dont, Im mad, and keep trying until I do win at it.. Just a way of living.... You laugh at Honor, Pride, and Tradition... We dont... When I die, bury my ass in PURPLE.... Sounds stupid to you... A way of life for others... If I would have prepared for a week, and Danny Malone told us to give up after we had a lead, I would be highly upset.... That man instilled one thing in me... Be a winner.... So, it is what it is... You might hate us.... I am totally good with it.... Throw those Vs up....It wont hurt my feelings... When I walk in the REZ, i get chills, along with 8500 other folks every other Friday night..... Call us arrogant... Call us crazy, call us losers, call us big headed... I call us INDIANS.... And that chump........ You cant buy at your local HEB in Vidor or Katy......

Robert Smith is awesome but my screen name is more about me being nurse at MD Anderson in med ctr.  32 being the age i started here.  Please carry on attacking my opinions.  Enjoy reading in.

While you continue to attack my character and my hometown, I'll go hang another bag of chemo.

1 hour ago, Curelover32 said:

Robert Smith is awesome but my screen name is more about me being nurse at MD Anderson in med ctr.  32 being the age i started here.  Please carry on attacking my opinions.  Enjoy reading in.

While you continue to attack my character and my hometown, I'll go hang another bag of chemo.

Then please I pray that you are able to provide aid and comfort to my aunt from Louisiana who is there today to begin treatment for her cancer.

1 hour ago, Curelover32 said:

God Bless your cancer patients.. But you had no problem ripping PNG last night. Sounds like you cant take the heat. yall are attacking my Character and hometown lol. funniest crap iv heard since your post last night. Go through your V,s up.smh.

16 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Then please I pray that you able to provide aid and comfort to my aunt from Louisiana who is there today to begin treatment for her cancer.

Of course my friend.  I work GI Colo and Abdominal.  This is the place for her to be.

I've had fun messing with the PNG folks this week.  Tried my hand at trash talk and probably failed miserably.  But there are so many things in life more important than high school football.  I've stuck on this board so long because it is a very good disreaction for me on bad days.

Win or lose...i just hope for a safe game.

4 minutes ago, Moose74 said:

God Bless your cancer patients.. But you had no problem ripping PNG last night. Sounds like you cant take the heat. yall are attacking my Character and hometown lol. funniest crap iv heard since your post last night. Go through your V,s up.smh.

Ok Moose.  You're right.  Feel better?

13 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

Of course my friend.  I work GI Colo and Abdominal.  This is the place for her to be.

I've had fun messing with the PNG folks this week.  Tried my hand at trash talk and probably failed miserably.  But there are so many things in life more important than high school football.  I've stuck on this board so long because it is a very good disreaction for me on bad days.

Win or lose...i just hope for a safe game.

1st, she may very well be in your area, Brown is the last name so keep an eye out for her.

Second, there are many more things way more important and I, like you, use this as a distraction.

Third, at least you admit deficiencies, many here find their trash talk to be more witty than it usually is.

2 hours ago, Whoa said:

#1 Jeff never played for Doug! Sr 73 (72 season) went to UH  He played for Watson .Doug started in 73  (74 senior class) ) - do better research

#2 Blake is correct  #42 best 147 tackle trap back we had- groomsman in my wedding -  Sr 77 (76 season) went to Nichols State

#3 Aggie graduated in 76 #85 (75 season) went to Tennesee

#4 we did go to the cow pasture and barley win

Respectfully I don't know FOR SURE about any other years other than 74 -76 football seasons - I was there for every practice, game, 2 a days, offseason and parties. 

Tanks for bringing back the memories!!!

My pleasure.  I enjoy watching you guys play.  Really great team.  And it wasn't so bad hearing Cherokee, but I sure got tired of hearing it at the Vidor games lol.  Like all old people, I can remember stuff from '75, but yesterday is a mystery :) 

3 hours ago, Curelover32 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Not to get off topic but as a fellow RN and current cancer survivor we respect your duty as a nurse. Sad thing is many people are misled that chemo/radiation are the only cure for cancer. I respect MD Anderson, I have great doctors and surgeons over there, but I am so glad/fortunate to have found alternative (non-toxic) treatments. I can't imagine having to push those types of lethal drugs into patients daily; knowing the majority of the times they are going to feel worse than better shortly after administration. I truly believe that one day chemo will be outlawed and there will be a better, less toxic standard form of treatment. Problem is big pharm makes too much money off of their current forms of treatments (which are said to treat the current cancer, but have side effects of causing another form of cancer). They can't patent natural organic plants/herbs that God already put on this earth to heal people. Meaning they wouldn't make the millions they already are making off current patients.

But, this thread isn't about the job titles you hold and how you serve the general public. It's about (and needs to remain about) two hardworking athletic organizations that have strived diligently to be undefeated this season. Looking forward to a great game that is sure to keep both fan bases on the edge of their seats.

scalp 'em

6 hours ago, hookem14 said:

Whoa, I thought you were a Nederland fan, you are always posting in regards to we, (as in Nederland), and bad mouthing PNG.

Whoa-“PNG should kill us they are extremely talented and pretty.  This should be their best group since??? last year with Morse and the year before that and the year before that and the year before, etc... All we do is out coach them and win at the end”

Whoa-“Been like that for PNG since 1974 when Kyle Aggilard pushed down our db to catch a game winning pass that put them in the playoffs - our program went down and they started that 5/6 year run.  They really do look pretty but look at all the personal fouls that GET called against them and the ones that don't.   Must be the purple sun glasses”

If you were a PN-G letterman in 74, 75, and 76, how did Kyle A. push down OUR DB? 

Just Curious!!!

bark

Interesting