Port Arthur Memorial 42 Nederland 12/FINAL

WOSgrad

16 minutes ago, jake94 said:

Good game Titans. The better team won for sure. I think yalls toughest game will be Vidor due to their style, but I don't see them stopping your passing game. Should be a high scoring affair. Hated to see Perkins go down. Ned has been decimated by injuries and it just continues to mount. Huge game vs Central next week. Loser isn't looking good for playoffs. We need Simmons back!

Bigger issue is QB.  Lange is playing on 1 leg and Fernandez is struggling with injuries as well.  Not what the other options are at this point, tough situation

First off congrats to the dogs man , they fought harder than I thought they would , after the 1st quarter,  with the score 28 0 I thought the Titans would hang 60 , but you started seeing that resiliency that they display from good coaching , I actually was a tad nervous after the second score because thier D was settling down And made a bunch of big stops in the 2nd Q , Perkins can ball I will say that , didn't see much else from that team oh and number 10# was decent , Vincent turned the game on it's hinds with those pick 6's , took the air out the dogs for a while I think , I will say this though , QBHarrison  WILL hold these boys back from winning state , good kid don't get me wrong but he looks bewildered out there man , today PAM win on talent alone , same plays back to back , same Xbox coaching, but it is what it is , good game dogs ✔

14 minutes ago, Finesser said:

First off congrats to the dogs man , they fought harder than I thought they would , after the 1st quarter,  with the score 28 0 I thought the Titans would hang 60 , but you started seeing that resiliency that they display from good coaching , I actually was a tad nervous after the second score because thier D was settling down And made a bunch of big stops in the 2nd Q , Perkins can ball I will say that , didn't see much else from that team oh and number 10# was decent , Vincent turned the game on it's hinds with those pick 6's , took the air out the dogs for a while I think , I will say this though , QBHarrison  WILL hold these boys back from winning state , good kid don't get me wrong but he looks bewildered out there man , today PAM win on talent alone , same plays back to back , same Xbox coaching, but it is what it is , good game dogs ✔

Well said, finally a decent post from a titan fan. I will be following memorial as they go through the playoffs, I'm ready to see how they handle some tough 5A teams. I'm afraid though it's the lack of good coaching that will be their downfall (if they get knocked out) I'm actually glad memorial came to 22-5a, the district was kinda weak so some fresh talent is rep us well during playoff season 

9 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Well said, finally a decent post from a titan fan. I will be following memorial as they go through the playoffs, I'm ready to see how they handle some tough 5A teams. I'm afraid though it's the lack of good coaching that will be their downfall (if they get knocked out) I'm actually glad memorial came to 22-5a, the district was kinda weak so some fresh talent is rep us well during playoff season 

Their coaching was obviously better than yours tonight, SMH...

With that out of the way, I do have to give Ned some credit, the were resilient and kept fighting. I was impressed with Perkins and #10. #10 had a nice TD catch. I do hope and pray Perkins and #5 (the player which had to be helped off by two coaches) are ok. Good luck to y'all the rest of the way. 

20 minutes ago, thaghost said:

Their coaching was obviously better than yours tonight, SMH...

With that out of the way, I do have to give Ned some credit, the were resilient and kept fighting. I was impressed with Perkins and #10. #10 had a nice TD catch. I do hope and pray Perkins and #5 (the player which had to be helped off by two coaches) are ok. Good luck to y'all the rest of the way. 

I thought I was reading earlier from titan fans that memorial was getting out coached, the talent came into play obviously and memorial is fast and quick and strong, can't tell you how many times I heard xbox can't coach is way out of paper bag , so as I said that will be their downfall if they go head to head with a team just as fast,quick and strong. That being said you have to agree memorial is highly highly talented, but they lack in the coaching department. Imagine if they had LN coaching them, you can't say you think they wouldn't be even more loaded than they are right now 

Now let me say I honestly believe in Kenny , And those kids do too , This team has that "it" I haven't seen since 2012 , it's his adjustments during games that drive me crazy lol , he has some "mad dog" attitude in him,  You have to have that  when coaching kids from P.A , it's just I've seen him outcoached many of Friday's and that's a little troubling , but going up against North Shore , Laporte , And WB for numerous of years I guess it was the inevitable lol , Honestly I thought the Titans would struggle a bit in these district games but now I'm starting to think different , yes I know PNG & Ol Vidor is waiting but Bieng I s "weak" district can hurt your team come playoff time , No shade intended..

I gave the example of what made me upset. Vincent should shadow the top wr. PERIOD.  I know some may sat Harrison is the qb for the team but the fumble he lost due to not sliding or just protecting the ball is horrible. He is a senior and should know better. Any pressure on him and he cracks. Next year will be better as u will have to respect #7 and Hines in the back field.

9 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

They also benefited from talent those years. You don't get five DCs and go three rounds deep (2011) and four rounds deep (2012) cause you have no talent. I will say though we did benefit from numbskull choaching  in 2014 when central was loaded and Ned pulled the win out. I think it was 2014 at least, whatever year we won by 39-36. 

...well, that was 2 years ago, and that coach is still here at Central.  Need I remind you we just got blown out by Vidor and didn't compete with Memorial last week...

A couple of things here. (and I'm normally not this petty, but pettiness called)

I heard Mayfield balled out last night  at Legacy.  Sure would've have helped the Gold and Black...

Secret Spring football and games DIDN'T pay dividends here.

Nederland is in a 3 district loss hole, still has an unpredictable(in lyin, a VERY predictable) and talented Central and a very good PN-G team left.  

Every year, Nederland has one of those home grown exceptional athletes...  Ex, Yoder, Atterberry, Cardenas, Krautz, Perkins, Butler, Seay....  After this year, there will be non. What will you do?

Maybe the team got emotional and didn't play good enough because Memorial refused to shake their hands at midfield?

Could it be the Xbox Kenny is a better coach than Neaumann (sp).

The ineligible kid WOULDN'T have made a difference last night.

Anyway, I'm done here...  See you in the Central/Nederland thread...

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

A couple of things here. (and I'm normally not this petty, but pettiness called)

I heard Mayfield balled out last night  at Legacy.  Sure would've have helped the Gold and Black...

Nederland is in a 3 district loss hole, still has an unpredictable(in lyin, a VERY predictable) and talented Central and a very good PN-G team left.  

Every year, Nederland has one of those home grown exceptional athletes...  Ex, Yoder, Atterberry, Cardenas, Krautz, Perkins, Butler, Seay....  After this year, there will be non. What will you do?

Maybe the team got emotional and didn't play good enough because Memorial refused to shake their hands at midfield?

One sentence toward the end I assume was in jest?  I assumed so and thought it was hilarious :D 

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The next great player at Nederland is Devin Simmons. He is on the team now, but has been injured the last 3 games. Maybe you will get to see him this week. I agree with most of what you said, other than the Kenny/Larry comment. 

18 minutes ago, jake94 said:

The next great player at Nederland is Devin Simmons. He is on the team now, but has been injured the last 3 games. Maybe you will get to see him this week. I agree with most of what you said, other than the Kenny/Larry comment. 

I see now what some PAM fabs were saying about their offense, it seems they should be more productive with the ponies they have out there.

3 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Yes i have. IMO PNG won't just be any walk in the park. I could be wrong but i just feel like it's going to be a good one 

I wasn't questioning your reasoning, I was really just asking.  I've seen PN-G too and they're really good and I also agree that this will be a good game...  Imo, a high scoring one.  I just hope PN-G dint throw to Mr. Vincent's side..