West Orange-Stark 45 Kennedale 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 hours ago, XX Man said:

I love the way they reloaded when KJ was gimpy, and that young man came and caught like 3 passes, all for 1st downs! WOS strength is they are a complete team, and do not rely on any one person.

KJ will be ok, its just a WAR WOUND...That comes from playing the Game Of Football......#HeartOverHeight #ImposeYourWill 

Hats off to Kennedale for being the first team to score on our defense.We bottled them up all night and they had three big plays that they made their scores on.That 90 yarder was a thing of beauty you have to admit.Really the only legit td if you ask me but that's football and those are the things that we been trying to tell those that were obsessed with shutouts.Just to many things can happen in a football game that can go against a team.Now that we have the shutout thing resolved lets focus on just winning. 

13 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Hats off to Kennedale for being the first team to score on our defense.We bottled them up all night and they had three big plays that they made their scores on.That 90 yarder was a thing of beauty you have to admit.Really the only legit td if you ask me but that's football and those are the things that we been trying to tell those that were obsessed with shutouts.Just to many things can happen in a football game that can go against a team.Now that we have the shutout thing resolved lets focus on just winning. 

I hope Cornel addresses the hole in the defensive line, that let the Silsbee guy through twice and now Kennedale twice.

10 hours ago, XX Man said:

yep. He ran the same thing that almost got Silsbee a TD. Cornel will be looking at that one!

We to stop getting complacent on defense.  We still need that push to keep them focused. Up 38 pts kids were on the sidelines having too much fun. It's still all abt getting better. And hats off to the Kennedale RB even though the game was out of reach he still ran hard.

Last night while listening to the game, I never heard that a WO-S player was ejected from the game for throwing a punch. No wonder coach T. was blowing off steam. One point about the refs, they were moving the ball more than they should have for the Wildcats according to the Kogt broadcasters’ on certain plays. IMO I am glad the shutout is over. I’m glad we won, now we can focus on stopping the run up the middle, because, now teams will try to repeat that play over and over again. KJ had an awesome game last night, and hats off the Phillips for running down Knowles and catching him before he scored his first TD

I've seen every game this year so far except the Kipp game and if there's one area of concern is the number of penalties. Yes some were undeserved, but they were called nevertheless. Especially against the offense. So far the offense has been explosive enough to overcome those penalties and still move the ball and put a lot of points up. I hope they can get those corrected, I would think by this point in the season they would have already been. I just hope somewhere down the road they don't have a game where ifs harder to overcome those penalties.

How many snaps did Kennedale have?Three successful plays and one was due to a dumb 3rd and long penalty that extended the drive that set that up and another one on a holding that was not called,WO-S has always given up one or two of those types of plays in games.The game was a lot worse for Kennedale than the score indicates and WO-S defense did just fine.Need to work on the penalties though.

When kennedale scored we had our starting safety and two starting LBs on the bench for doing undisciplined things. We also were with out hancock #27 this game , which morris #15 had to step in and play both sides of the ball all night. Other than that, Kennedale will be alright. Have tons of speed over there to make things happen. Good luck to them on their season. Now the 2nd phase of the season starts. We're back 0-0. Time to lock in now

4 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

How many snaps did Kennedale have?Three successful plays and one was due to a dumb 3rd and long penalty that extended the drive that set that up and another one on a holding that was not called,WO-S has always given up one or two of those types of plays in games.The game was a lot worse for Kennedale than the score indicates and WO-S defense did just fine.Need to work on the penalties though.

Ur correct! !  If anyone was paying attention Kennedale started moving there players around like they were working on something different. Even there best defensive player he played in the secondary the whole second half.w.o do give up a few big runs all the time. But my problem with these team is that they are given them up on been lazy on defense. Have to play 4qtrs and they still haven't done it yet !!

3 minutes ago, dj said:

Ur correct! !  If anyone was paying attention Kennedale started moving there players around like they were working on something different. Even there best defensive player he played in the secondary the whole second half.w.o do give up a few big runs all the time. But my problem with these team is that they are given them up on been lazy on defense. Have to play 4qtrs and they still haven't done it yet !!

I agree with you, WOS you play the entire game like the 1st quarter. Just because you are winning big you still need to play with that same level of fire and heart. WOS will be fine and Coach T will remind them that you play 4 quarters until the game clock hits 0.00. Great win against a tough team.

3 hours ago, GUNHO said:

This is one of the more asinine statements that I've read.. 

Any who, congrats to WO-S on another win.  I picked them to loose to Kennedale early in the season and I was wrong.  Cruise through district, stay healthy, and do the dang thing again (state championship).

Some folks are almost taking this as a loss because Kennedale scored some points.  Hey folks, WO-S won!  Was it perfect? No.  Are there some things that need to be worked on?  Of course and that is exactly why folks like Kennedale appear on the schedule.  To provide a pressure test to show what still needs improvement on the team.  I always felt that probably the most important game (aside of course, from the playoff wins) in getting WO-S the state championship last season was when Foster came in and beat them pillar to post.  It showed the guys that they are mortal and allowed the coaching staff to show them where they needed to get better.  I think last night's game has the same effect (or at least I hope it does) and WO-S was still able to take a win with the lesson this year.  Believe me, Coach Thompson and the 'Stangs are going to plug any holes that were breached last night.

Finally, I am glad that Kennedale scored and scored multiple times.  Not only for the reasons above but also from my perspective, this "scoreless streak" was once a chimpanzee that was quickly becoming an orangutan and was going to soon crush these young men under its pressure.

21 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Some folks are almost taking this as a loss because Kennedale scored some points.  Hey folks, WO-S won!  Was it perfect? No.  Are there some things that need to be worked on?  Of course and that is exactly why folks like Kennedale appear on the schedule.  To provide a pressure to test to show what still needs improvement on the team.  I always felt that probably the most important game (aside of course, from the playoff wins) in getting WO-S the state championship last season was when Foster came in and beat them pillar to post.  It showed the guys that they are mortal and allowed the coaching staff to show them where they needed to get better.  I think last night's game has the same effect (or at least I hope it does) and WO-S was still able to take a win with the lesson this year.  Believe me, Coach Thompson and the 'Stangs are going to plug any holes that were breached last night.

Finally, I am glad that Kennedale scored and scored multiple times.  Not only for the reasons above but also from my perspective, this "scoreless streak" was once a chimpanzee that was quickly becoming an orangutan and was going to soon crush these young men under its pressure.

Very good post, grad...

47 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This is one of the more asinine statements that I've read.. 

Any who, congrats to WO-S on another win.  I picked them to loose to Kennedale early in the season and I was wrong.  Cruise through district, stay healthy, and do the dang thing again (state championship).

Why is the statement asinine? Serious question. Maybe I missed something. 

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You know the answer to that.  I don't want to answer because I don't want to be the reason yall's mood is dampered on this beautiful and cool Saturday morning...  

I told you it was a serious question. Can't dampen my mood. I'm a "win by 1 kinda guy".  I don't really care about shutouts. The statement was "first points given up by the defense" if I read it right. I'm a baseball guy not football. Are you saying the safety for offensive holding goes against the defense?

6 minutes ago, td said:

I told you it was a serious question. Can't dampen my mood. I'm a "win by 1 kinda guy".  I don't really care about shutouts. The statement was "first points given up by the defense" if I read it right. I'm a baseball guy not football. Are you saying the safety for offensive holding goes against the defense?

Well, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it your defense that gave up the long runs to give good field position from the beginning?  You wouldn't have been pinned that deep.  

So you say the defense wasn't scored on...  So was the offense scored on? Which is it? 

Keep I'm mind I'm not being sarcastic, be you and I are discussing a serious question...