Best teams in SETX since 05

D3zii

i was out eating  today and was talking about the Highschool football talent around the area..Didn't realize some teams brought up and how much talent they had, so I wanted to see what you guys thought since y'all are from the area..Now keep in mind we weren't talking about records , or teams with 2-3 players..we was talking about Talent rich teams.

Teams we said 

05 West Brook (C.Louis, C.Micheals, B.Chevis, R.Grant) 

08 Central (K.Oneal, C.Thomas, B.Thomas, J.Hale)

12 P.A Memorial ( N.Holmes, J.Barnes , J.Seals, E.Roberts) 

08-09 Dayton (don't really know who they had but they were really good) 

05 W.O.S  (E.Thomas, D.Beasley, J.Franks, A.Bevil) 

it was other teams said but imo this teams had some of the best collective talent around ..what do you guys think and who was your teams 

31 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Lol, is cool..who did they have?? 

Sean Weatherspoon was the most successful player

I remember Jordan Patton and Gilbert Moye both at QB...Moye was just a Sophomore IIRC and was tough to stop running the ball...wasn't a very effective passer and if you saw Patton taking the snap you could bet it was a pass...Patton was still on the field though somewhere even if it wasn't at QB...was at the state game when they fell to Gilmer and it was an epic battle.  Think there was a Bronson kid on the team as well

2014 WO-S had 1st year of Jack Dallas, Deionte Thompson, Tre Spencer, Trey Baldwin, Chris James, and Dillon Sterling-Cole would have been the QB if not for transferring. They were really really good.

2012 Newton had D.J. Dean, Kevin Shorter, Brandon Johnson in the backfield. Roney Elam was the corner Cameron Yoe threw at to not go to Dean's side (imagine that). Definitely were good enough to win state that season, they were dominant.

23 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

The 2005 wos team had one of the worst defenses in program history. That's the Only reason they didn't win state that year.

Is crazy looking at the talent rich roster, that they had a bad Defense..

11 minutes ago, Finesser said:

That 12' PAM team was D1 certified, NO way we shouldn't have won state that year , Kenny got outcoached by Steele after the half and he didn't make adjustments to the QB keeper Tommy Armstrong was gashing them for 8- 9 yards a pop..

When my friend told me the players on that team, I thought to myself that May have been one of the best collection of players on a team I've heard about,,Coach Harrison should still be crying he let that team get away with no ring 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

2011 Ozen 

Trey Green, Sylvester, Jones

2015 Silsbee 

D. Thomas, Mackey, A. Thomas, P. Hudson

2003 Central

M. Feater, J. Matherson, A. Collins

2011 West Brook

B. Reyes, R. Bengleton, B. Goodman

That 2011 Ozen team was good but I doubt they could mess with other teams people are saying..Good Offense but not enough Defense imo I believe 05 Ozen was the best Ozen team to take the field 

2011 Brook did have good talent and so did that 03 Central but we only did 2005 and up 

not to familiar with the Silsbee team

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

i was out eating  today and was talking about the Highschool football talent around the area..Didn't realize some teams brought up and how much talent they had, so I wanted to see what you guys thought since y'all are from the area..Now keep in mind we weren't talking about records , or teams with 2-3 players..we was talking about Talent rich teams.

Teams we said 

it was other teams said but imo this teams had some of the best collective talent around ..what do you guys think and who was your teams 

Dayt 2007/2008 semi'finalist/state finalist

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

Teams we said 

C. Mike wasn't on the '05 team.  

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

Teams we said 

Sorry i ment 08 Westbrook 

6 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Best small school team was the '05 Newton Eagles. Almost by a landslide.....

Not really a big school guru, but I was a big admirer of last years WOS team that I got to watch at the state championships. I feel like people will be talking about them in this same light in a few years.

I think the 98 Newton team was better but that's me