Kountze and East Chambers Basketball 16-17

BADSANTA

This is Bunas best chance to win the district outright in a while. I know two years ago they had a team led by Kreston Richardson and Tyler Edwards who tied for the district title but many expected them and Kountze to split that year and  Idk if anyone thought they would win district outright. But this year you have a bunch of kids who are not intimated by the "kountze is gonna blow us out tonight" stigma. Bunas has split with Kountze in the regular season the past two years and return 2 of the more talented players in the district in Remington and Alexander Connell. They also have height with two players that are 6'4. It will between them and Kountze for the district title but EC returns a talented kid in Cordell David(I think is his name) as well 

After summer league and watching last years teams, this year is going to be the same 3 teams at the top. Buna has good guard play, and might return the most out of the 3 teams. Not sure how many Kountze has coming back, exactly. Kountze is going to still be Kountze, no matter who's on the court they will have a chance to win. EC is young, and will take some time to get going. They only return 1 player from the playoff rotation last year, Cordell David. Buna and Kountze are probably the two front runners right now, but there are still quite a few game between now and district for EC to develop. You know Sutherland will have them playing good at the right time.

On 10/14/2016 at 7:01 AM, BADSANTA said:

3 hours ago, About a week ago said:

After summer league and watching last years teams, this year is going to be the same 3 teams at the top. Buna has good guard play, and might return the most out of the 3 teams. Not sure how many Kountze has coming back, exactly. Kountze is going to still be Kountze, no matter who's on the court they will have a chance to win. EC is young, and will take some time to get going. They only return 1 player from the playoff rotation last year, Cordell David. Buna and Kountze are probably the two front runners right now, but there are still quite a few game between now and district for EC to develop. You know Sutherland will have them playing good at the right time.

Kountze only started 1 senior last year at regionals and will bring back Dallion Edwards who got hurt in the 1st regional game against Teague. So that will be 3 starters back.  Jermiah Barker TJ stanford and Dallion Edwards plus key players Dante Carey and Marcus Hafford 

2 hours ago, TopDawG52 said:

Kountze only started 1 senior last year at regionals and will bring back Dallion Edwards who got hurt in the 1st regional game against Teague. So that will be 3 starters back.  Jermiah Barker TJ stanford and Dallion Edwards plus key players Dante Carey and Marcus Hafford 

Michael Cole not playing this year

Look for Woodville to be tough. May not win that district with CH in it, but should compete well. Christian Williams is a star and, as football has shown, alot of our young athletes are starting to develop nicely. I know football athleticism and basketball athleticism are totally different, but could make an impact nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Look for Woodville to be tough. May not win that district with CH in it, but should compete well. Christian Williams is a star and, as football has shown, alot of our young athletes are starting to develop nicely. I know football athleticism and basketball athleticism are totally different, but could make an impact nonetheless.

Yes that Williams kid is big time and I think they are a sleeper team to watch 

25 minutes ago, TopDawG52 said:

Yes that Williams kid is big time and I think they are a sleeper team to watch 

I'm not sold on this new coach yet, but then again they haven't even played a game yet. I'm all-in on football right now, but basketball is in my blood, so it'll take the front seat after December. Lol

On 10/21/2016 at 3:04 PM, TopDawG52 said:

Michael Cole is playing just got confirmation.   Of Kountze stays healthy and keep them grades up.... Kountze wins district.   Buna will be right with them though 

Grades have been the weakness lately... grades cost us a trip to state last year IMO

• 2 weeks later...