The End of the World

Hagar

Notice how many doomsday shows there are now?   Zombies, Z-Zombies, World War Z, Strain, etc..  Just saw another, Aftermath (might be good if you like these types).  Does make one think about the end of the world.  Possibilities?   Biblical, diseases, nuclear, big asteroid, Hillary getting elected (liberals, don't leave, just joking).  A lot of folks worry about it.  Other than the Biblical part, there's not a lot we can do about it.  It dawned on me quite a few years back, why do people worry about it so much.  The world ends everyday for @ 155,000 people.  That's approx how many die everyday.  Plenty, not of old age, or disease, but from car wrecks, other accidents, shootings, drownings, etc..  Personally, I'm ruling out zombies.   

I've laid my cards on the table, so I just wonder what y'all think.  

2 things:

1). I know where my forever home is, and

2). Look up video on Flakka on YouTube.  With the explosion of synthetic drugs, especially marijuana, brains are being fried on a daily basis.  It is scary seeing people acting like zombies because they have voluntarily ingested substances that remove their mental faculties.

3 hours ago, Chester86 said:

2 things:

2). Look up video on Flakka on YouTube.  With the explosion of synthetic drugs, especially marijuana, brains are being fried on a daily basis.  It is scary seeing people acting like zombies because they have voluntarily ingested substances that remove their mental faculties.

Sad part is that you could tell some of those druggies that the drink on the table will give you a great high or it might kill you instantly. Just about all of them will drink it.

Reb, I stick with my microorganisms theory.

3 hours ago, Chester86 said:

2 things:

I'm with you Chester86, i know where my forever home is.

Did go to YouTube and checked out Flakka (which is a new one for me).  Is that a synthetic marijuana? Saw the guy running and bust his head through a back windshield on an SUV.  Jmo but a normal human would break his neck, or at the least, suffer a concussion.   I'm guessing a taser wouldn't even faze them.   And yes, Demonic Possession comes to mind.  I'm serious, that is some scary stuff.  

Ironically, I'd just seen this & copied it to post.  This looks like an appropriate place.

This is the hidden content, please

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I Thes 4:

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

• 1 month later...
On September 28, 2016 at 6:06 AM, baddog said:

Sad part is that you could tell some of those druggies that the drink on the table will give you a great high or it might kill you instantly. Just about all of them will drink it.

Here's more indication you may be right on.

On January 16, 2017 at 3:42 PM, baddog said:

^^^^^above should read 20th century......duh.

Reb, if microorganisms don't do us in, maybe giant alligators will. This is very old alligator.

That's a monster.  Bet old Troy Landry would like to get that one in the boat.  Looks like a Tyrannosaurus rex.

And back in my golfing days, I'd pick up on that hole.  Give myself a par (one of two for the day lol), and move on to the next hole.

• 1 month later...
On September 28, 2016 at 6:06 AM, baddog said:

You & I have discussed the fact that these hiney kicking bugs are (have?) becoming immuned to our antibiotics.  I haven't seen much positive news on what we do next, but this article might open up a new line of defense.  I sure hope so.  I can see the potential anyway.

16 hours ago, REBgp said:

You & I have discussed the fact that these hiney kicking bugs are (have?) becoming immuned to our antibiotics.  I haven't seen much positive news on what we do next, but this article might open up a new line of defense.  I sure hope so.  I can see the potential anyway.

Heard the Komodo dragon theory before and thought it sounded plausible. Here's something I found interesting.....

5 hours ago, baddog said:

Heard the Komodo dragon theory before and thought it sounded plausible. Here's something I found interesting.....

Interesting?  That's a who's who equivalent of bugs who should be named Stalin and Hitler.  

If others reading this aren't, at the very least, concerned, you should be.  I've had bronchitis for a month.  On my third antibiotic to clear it up.  These ain't your grandparents bugs.