bowhunting opens

5GallonBucket

1 hour ago, warparty said:

You wait all year for this day to come, you watch the weather reports and you see that it will be perfect weather, the deer activity starts picking up around the lease, and then you get the news that you are starting 7-12's now and won't be hunting for awhile. Priceless!

Its funny you post this cause.....my wife text me yesterday afternoon asking me if I wanted to have a date night this Saturday evening.  I couldn't say "no".  We finally got someone to watch all our kids so we could have some time together.  And I have to work from 7a.m. Friday till 4 a.m. Saturday morning so I may just try to hunt the Saturday morning, but more than likely I ll fall asleep in the stand while that 10 pt  I ve been trying to get the last 2 years feast on corn and acorns.

1 hour ago, warparty said:

5Gallon, Do you ever think that your wife is testing you when these date nights occur on opening day?  It is a no win situation.   Hopefully you have awesome hearing and the crunching of leaves will wake you if you go Saturday.  Good luck.

its definitely a test this year cause I ve been talking about it for awhile and have put more time into preparing.  only thing with hunting Saturday morning and I stay awake is that it will be a struggle to keep my mind along with my eyes awake while on date.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

this Friday should be a good day.....after rain and cool front.  Im not big on attractants, but I think im gonna try one.....im gonna mix molasses with some hot water then pour into a bucket of acorns as well as corn then dump on the ground where there are already acorns.  We shall see

You'll have every hog in the county on that potion  :)

I tried Rice Bran for the first time last weekend.  Poured some piles 25 yards from stand on two different lanes.  Poured it out Friday and went back to hunt Sunday.  Deer were on both piles as I walked into stand that morning.   Hard to sneak into a pop up with deer that close.

2 hours ago, warparty said:

I tried Rice Bran for the first time last weekend.  Poured some piles 25 yards from stand on two different lanes.  Poured it out Friday and went back to hunt Sunday.  Deer were on both piles as I walked into stand that morning.   Hard to sneak into a pop up with deer that close.

nice.  wish I was that lucky.....the deer I have are only nocturnal.....for the last 2 years.  I have maybe 7 pics during shooting hours/season.