THE ONE AND ONLY EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW OR NOT TO KNOW ABOUT WO-S THREAD

skipper

10 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I've been seeing with increasing irritation the proliferation of West Orange-Stark threads, both making outlandish boasts, and more recently, the constant complaints about those boasts.  Now, as an administrator of this board, I can't begrudge someone from starting a thread, as long as it conforms with forum rules.  That is what the board is for.

But when one topic is spread out amongst different threads, something must be done.  I can't delete posts that merely repeat things as that is not within my task.  But what I can do is merge all of those threads into one.  Which is exactly what I have done.  So any posts in the threads regarding the best _____________ ever faced, to can anyone beat WO-S and the stop the WO-S posts have been merged into this all encompassing thread. So if you want to boast, boast.  If you want to complain, complain.  If you don't care to look at it (which is the choice I wish I could make), scroll past it.

Of course, this will not apply to individual prediction threads, game update threads, and threads where WO-S is tangentially mentioned (e.g. threads revealing rankings, scoreboards and schedules).

But I finish with this warning, WO-S is not the only school where multiple threads show up about a certain school in a short period of time.  Let it be known, that all of those threads are now subject to the same action that I have taken on the WO-S threads.

Sorta like their playoff victims...one big pile of mush! Go PONIES

new to posting but not new to following. I hear all the talk about what-if's...wos played this team or that team. I played at WOS and I can tell you that program can match almost athlete to athlete with any school. Would they win 5a D1 or D2..we'll never know. But a short analysis..My cousin was an all-state corner for Converse Judson and has 3 state titles.

He actually said and I quote.."Judson would not want to play WOS...we don't do well with teams with that much speed and athletes." I said what the hell are you talking about?? He said, "we only have to play 2 tough games to get to state. We play 4 teams from the valley and 1 Houston team and then we're at state. If we had to come out of Houston we would have no titles." I even told him he'd have a hard time starting at WOS...AND HE WAS ALL-STATE...WITH 3 STATE TITLE RINGS!!

What does that mean? It simply states that as good as some of these teams are, regardless of classification (within reason) the speed and athletes don't change that much. Wrap your head around this..PNG is ranked 15th in the latest poll with some having them in the top 10. WOS is at minimum 5 spots better than PNG. Does it mean they would win a 5A title..no, but it doesn't mean they couldn't. I live in San Antonio and a LOT of people hold WOS in VERY high regard with any team regardless of classification, and I'm talking coaches opinions here.

18 hours ago, griff said:

Lol...that's because you didn't see the sarcasm in those threads. Chester86 (who is not from WO-S) and 78Stang started two of them as a joke towards skipper. You gotta look a little harder and follow the trails to grasp the meaning of these threads. So you see, your outrage was all for nothing. 

Thank-you!  I support the Mustangs, and have some great young men playing now I helped coach (baseball).  It just never seems to end.  Be proud, you have a fantastic team with great school spirit.  My post was not directed at anyone in particular, just a generalization.  Always admired the chip on the shoulder WO-S has, because that is how you got to play.  Good luck chasing that ring, and apologize if someone thought my post was directed at them.

My third cousin knows a guy that played for Texas,  that once talked to a guy from LSU

that dated a girl from Arkansas, and her little sister at one time went out with the Alabama starting QB, and she said that he said  Alabama did not want to play WOS.

I believe this stoty because the girls  mother has three rings from three different cousins. lol

I want WOS to win another state title,  but i sure would like them take care of all the teams in 4AD2,  before they jump to 5a and 6a.

13 minutes ago, EAGLE1984 said:

My third cousin knows a guy that played for Texas,  that once talked to a guy from LSU

that dated a girl from Arkansas, and her little sister at one time went out with the Alabama starting QB, and she said that he said  Alabama did not want to play WOS.

I believe this stoty because the girls  mother has three rings from three different cousins. lol

I want WOS to win another state title,  but i sure would like them take care of all the teams in 4AD2,  before they jump to 5a and 6a.

Make no mistake these are fans and not players doing this. Some aren't even WOS people. The kids are focused. They only care about 4ADll. They get baited into this kind of crap everyday. There are people that try to set them up all the time on social media. They're focused. 

16 minutes ago, td said:

Make no mistake these are fans and not players doing this. Some aren't even WOS people. The kids are focused. They only care about 4ADll. They get baited into this kind of crap everyday. There are people that try to set them up all the time on social media. They're focused. 

I agree with you 100%, with a team like WOS  you can't help but wonder who they can take down.

2 hours ago, td said:

And I sure hope they stay that way td and pay no attention to all that nonsense.

Cute...look this message board is for fun and analysis. It is fun to speculate and that's all it is. I seriously doubt the players are logging in to setxsports.com and reading this between classes. The sarcasm is deep and when someone makes a simple statement  about a conversation that a former player from WOS and Judson had it doesn't need to be scrutinized because you don't believe it took place or don't agree with it. The statement wasn't made for you to agree with. I was just relaying what HE said. He's been to a few WOS practices and has a few state rings to justify his statement in 5A (1990's). Just to clarify he said that Judson would have a hard time...not lose. The speed difference from the San Antonio/ Valley area is night and day with SETX. 

Again this is just fun speculation..didn't say WOS were world beaters by any stretch. They are pretty good this year, but I just don't think they've played anyone that decent yet to be honest. This could be fools gold...LCM, Nederland, Bridge City, and Silsbee..ranked by maxpreps in the state 360, 425, 254, 274 respectfully. So honestly they've played no one. I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T shut these people out defensively.

WOS state rankings regardless of classification

#17 ahead of

Aledo, Cedar Park, Southlake Carroll, Klein Collins, Denton Guyer, Richmond Foster, Highland Park, Lonestar

Does it mean they would win these games heck no...but it shows you the respect they are getting.

Guest Aledoalumni
On 9/27/2016 at 0:16 PM, wosfan1992 said:

You know you have a great school when they're being compared to way upperclassmen. We personally don't care about ANYBODY who's not in 4aD2. Beating anybody else won't help us get what we really want which is a state championship so feel free to follow up with us while we aren't worried bout anybody but kennedale

Being an Aledo fan I know all about hypothetical wins and losses. We always get asked how we would do in 6A. It's only talk to get through the week. But I do find it funny when fans wont talk about a topic like this or teams that might play in the playoffs during the season. We are fans, not players, not coaches, only fans. We all know the kids just need to worry about the next team on the schedule and nothing else. But yet again us talking about other things wont effect anything else come Friday night.  

52 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

Cute...look this message board is for fun and analysis. It is fun to speculate and that's all it is. I seriously doubt the players are logging in to setxsports.com and reading this between classes. The sarcasm is deep and when someone makes a simple statement  about a conversation that a former player from WOS and Judson had it doesn't need to be scrutinized because you don't believe it took place or don't agree with it. The statement wasn't made for you to agree with. I was just relaying what HE said. He's been to a few WOS practices and has a few state rings to justify his statement in 5A (1990's). Just to clarify he said that Judson would have a hard time...not lose. The speed difference from the San Antonio/ Valley area is night and day with SETX. 

Again this is just fun speculation..didn't say WOS were world beaters by any stretch. They are pretty good this year, but I just don't think they've played anyone that decent yet to be honest. This could be fools gold...LCM, Nederland, Bridge City, and Silsbee..ranked by maxpreps in the state 360, 425, 254, 274 respectfully. So honestly they've played no one. I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T shut these people out defensively.

WOS state rankings regardless of classification

#17 ahead of

Aledo, Cedar Park, Southlake Carroll, Klein Collins, Denton Guyer, Richmond Foster, Highland Park, Lonestar

Does it mean they would win these games heck no...but it shows you the respect they are getting.

You are way overthinking my post, you said this board is for FUN and analysis.

You gave your analysis, I had my fun.  nothing against you or anyone from WOS, heck as many times WOS beat Newton i should hate them, but playing them just helped us get better.

As far as WOS,  every friday night they show the state why they are champions, they just do it on the field not this message board. 

47 minutes ago, EAGLE1984 said:

You are way overthinking my post, you said this board is for FUN and analysis.

You gave your analysis, I had my fun.  nothing against you or anyone from WOS, heck as many times WOS beat Newton i should hate them, but playing them just helped us get better.

As far as WOS,  every friday night they show the state why they are champions, they just do it on the field not this message board. 

it's all good...no biggie. it's all in fun...this board is like our very College Gameday during the BCS era ha!