Team / PF - PA / Record

Buna / 129 - 131 / (3-2)(1-0)
Coldspring-Oakhurst / 67 - 100 / (0-3)
Kirbyville / 159 - 82 / (4-1)(1-0)
Kountze / 133 - 206 / (2-3)(0-1)
Trinity / 75 - 185 / (1-4)(0-1)
Warren / 46 - 152 / (1-4)(0-1)
Woodville / 194 - 41 / (4-1)(1-0)

District play kicked off last week in a pretty boring fashion, with Buna, Woodville, and Kirbyville winning by large margins, as most people predicted. Buna proved they are going to compete for a playoff spot with a convincing win over Trinity. Kirbyville demolished the younger Kountze on homecoming night and Woodville went into Warren and put up 48 points on the first half to put away the Warriors easily. Coldspring was the only team not involved in a district match, losing to a very good Crockett squad, 13-28.

Heading into week 6, I expect Coldspring-Oakhurst to handle Warren easily at home, giving them their first win of the season. I expect Kountze and Trinity to be a decent game, but Kountze has proven they can at least compete with a quality opponent. That's something I have yet to see from Trinity. Now to the obvious game of the week......Woodville vs Kirbyville.....both teams at 4-1 overall. This could be the match that decides the district champion, depending on how Coldspring performs the rest of the season. Both teams are extremely fast and extremely well-coached. This should be a barn-burner and a track meet, but I'll take my Eagles in a close one.

Game of the Week:

Woodville Eagles vs Kirbyville Wildcats

I'm sure you would put Woodville at +2 lol . This is the game where Woodville could earn their respect. Kirbyville isn't as good as last years team who in my eyes under achieved. Also Woodville is better than last season. Still gotta give the edge to Kirbyville. I know you said you have seen both play and think Woodville should win. But remember that year you thought Woodville was gonna beat Kountze and it was over by halftime? Should be a good game but I think Kirbyville pulls away with a 2-3 score win. If Woodville wins.. Then I'll drink some of the hype juice lol.

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

I'm sure you would put Woodville at +2 lol . This is the game where Woodville could earn their respect. Kirbyville isn't as good as last years team who in my eyes under achieved. Also Woodville is better than last season. Still gotta give the edge to Kirbyville. I know you said you have seen both play and think Woodville should win. But remember that year you thought Woodville was gonna beat Kountze and it was over by halftime? Should be a good game but I think Kirbyville pulls away with a 2-3 score win. If Woodville wins.. Then I'll drink some of the hype juice lol.

Lol fair enough. I may be a tad biased, also. It should be a great game either way.