New Caney....district champs?

nceagle

3 minutes ago, Eagle82 said:

The Crosby/Porter game just showed everybody else in district that Crosby is mortal and can be beat...with that said though, Crosby is still the team to beat for the DC.  New Caney definitely has the ability, but will they is the question.

That was well said Eagle82.  I agree 101%.  Doubt Porter would want to play Crosby again, but New Caney has no reason to think they can't win.  Game should be similar to Ned/Vidor.  Good old smash mouth football.  Good luck Eagles.

I'm no expert but after watching all of Crosby's games this year this is what I think...Yes, NC can win district and the Porter game Crosby just got beat but with that said, if Crosby shows up to play and plays like they are capable of I think Crosby can win district.  I would not be surprised if Crosby gets another loss either to NC or Dayton.  

10 hours ago, nceagle said:

Ok, everyone's expert opinion. What does everyone think the odds are of New Caney winning district? Do you think the Porter/Crosby game was a fluke or do you think Crosby is still the team to beat?

I think you know the answer to that, otherwise you would be asking if Porter had a chance of being district champs.

15 hours ago, robanadana said:

The road to the District 21-5A Championship goes through New Caney and Texan Stadium.

This is true, but only because Splendora plays both opponents at Texan Stadium, a place Splendora has never lost. The district championship will be decided when Crosby heads to Splendora is late October.

7 hours ago, LOLZ said:

This is true, but only because Splendora plays both opponents at Texan Stadium, a place Splendora has never lost. The district championship will be decided when Crosby heads to Splendora is late October.

W-T-%??????????????? Splendora is about to lose 5 games in a row man, they won't win another game until they play Caney Creek or KP. Accidents happen sometime but not all the time. Welcome to the board though.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, The Last Dragon said:

Tock tick Friday can't get here fast enough the biggest upset since Porter Friday night on your field 

Ah man, what happened? You were all over this board earlier this year talking about what Dayton was going to do, now you're saying you want to be like Porter. Crosby has lost one game at home in the last five years, I highly doubt a squad coming in giving up 45 a night will be the one to get the second W in that span. Your program is weak and will get worse once the attrition starts from losing and judging the talent level I've seen in the lower classes.

Like the previous Crosby poster said, make sure you keep count of what the two SEC level players in the backfield do that didn't play against Porter. To make it even worse, once the LSU commit is done playing qb we have a sophomore ready to step in and set passing records.

Can't think of another school besides Manvel and Guyer recently where the sophomore backup qb is already so highly thought of in recruiting circles that he gets a recruiting page six games into the season: Jaiden Howard -  

This is the hidden content, please

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Ah man, what happened? You were all over this board earlier this year talking about what Dayton was going to do, now you're saying you want to be like Porter. Crosby has lost one game at home in the last five years, I highly doubt a squad coming in giving up 45 a night will be the one to get the second W in that span. Your program is weak and will get worse once the attrition starts from losing and judging the talent level I've seen in the lower classes.

Like the previous Crosby poster said, make sure you keep count of what the two SEC level players in the backfield do that didn't play against Porter. To make it even worse, once the LSU commit is done playing qb we have a sophomore ready to step in and set passing records.

Can't think of another school besides Manvel and Guyer recently where the sophomore backup qb is already so highly thought of in recruiting circles that he gets a recruiting page six games into the season: Jaiden Howard -  

here is another sophomore for you Cougar14.2..........

32 minutes ago, indianforever said:

here is another sophomore for you Cougar14.2..........

My point is Howard is playing behind an LSU commit and getting looks from reserve time, Johnson is the actual starter and gets to put up numbers. Howard will also benefit from having better coaching and players around him to raise his level of play once he's the full time starter. Johnson is pretty good from what I've seen on film though. Definitely going to be a lot better qb that Morse was.  

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So that's your excuse why you guys lost to Porter  Crosby always got excuses but you want to talk about this back up qb being so good but you making excuses why you guys lost to Porter if he's that big time he should have beat Porter  everytime you guys lose there has to be an excuse just take your losses like a man  and so your to soft sec recruits will be starting this week in the backfield looking forward to it less work for our defense