Dayton Broncos vs Barbers Hill Eagles

Bronco94

18 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I do think you are probably right on the score but I don't think the teams are almost identical. The New Caney QB is a fairly good runner and there is not a Marte Allison at BH.  Big difference.

Very good analysis. I don't think BH has much trouble getting to 40 on Dayton, but every position group for New Caney is a little better than what BH has right now. As a unit I think BH's defense is equal to New Caney's though. 

Boy, I would pay double to see is one but I'll be up 1942 watching the rebound game. With the group of kids Dayton has offensively this would've normally been a game where they just get on the field and out-athlete BH in the past, Dayton seems to have lost that ability though. Meanwhile BH is figuring out how to maximize their athletic ability with scheme and doing an excellent job. 

Game-wise I think Dayton might hit one or two big plays but will probably have to manufacture points due to BH's athletic deficiencies being negated by Dayton's sub-standard offensive execution. Put simply, Dayton is about to get outcoached for the third time in district play so far. That being said, I think this week against BH is still a better shot at a W than next week against Porter. 

52 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Y'all have a 6" 190 lb running back that's probably going to lead the district in rushing just like NC.

Nope, but we are scoring about the same amount of points. We kind of hsve a runningback by committee, but who needs a leading rusher of the district when your winning. I did say almost, guess i should'vesaid scoring wise. I don't think we're that far behind personel wise either, but I'll leave that up to the experts.

I think it will be a good game.  I still have faith in the broncos even if others don't.  This district is kind of like the SEC west.  We could all leave go to other districts and win them.  I enjoy the rivalry games between Dayton and The hill and Dayton and Crosby.  Dayton will get it together.  Good luck to everyone this friday

Go Broncos

No matter how down Dayton seems to be at the moment I cannot see BH just blowing them out (I hope they will). BH will not look at this game as easy and come out playing 100%. If BH can take away the big play from Dayton they win IMO. This is a test to see how good BH is or can be.  Oh and it wont break my heart to see BH end the 20 year playoff streak :) Get'em EAGLES!!

3 hours ago, Coach Klien said:

If dayton can stop the run and not give up another 400 yard game i believe dayton may be able to sqeeze out a w by a fg.

Dayton gives up all those yards because they don't play assignment defense. New Caney basically ran four plays and scored all those points. BH can run but isn't really a running team anymore, the qb is a good runner but they throw it around the yard now. They score on you with scheme, they might not have the athletes New Caney does but their passing game is a lot more complex.