22-5a after week 5

RoschonsBigBro

I am just not sure about the order other than PAM wins the district...

1. PAM

2. Vidor

3. Central/Ned/PNG

4. Central/Ned/PNG

The reason I am putting VIdor at 2 is because they will only lose to PAM. Thay have beaten Ned and Central. I think Ned and PAM beat PNG. Although I think PNG beats Vidor. So PAM wins the district undefeated. VIdor has 2 losses one to PAM and one to PNG. I think PNG loses to Nederland and PAM.. Central is a tossup. They could possibly win out. But might suffer a loss to PNG or Nederland, or both.

4 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I am just not sure about the order other than PAM wins the district...

1. PAM

2. Vidor

3. Central/Ned/PNG

4. Central/Ned/PNG

The reason I am putting VIdor at 2 is because they will only lose to PAM. Thay have beaten Ned and Central. I think Ned and PAM beat PNG. Although I think PNG beats Vidor. So PAM wins the district undefeated. VIdor has 2 losses one to PAM and one to PNG. I think PNG loses to Nederland and PAM.. Central is a tossup. They could possibly win out. But might suffer a loss to PNG or Nederland, or both.

No doubt Vidor will have trouble with PNG's passing attack.  The Pirates will have to make long scoring drives, and get a few breaks to win imo.  With the Liv game hanging over Ned, it's hard to predict fourth place.  That's a game (District) changer.

2 minutes ago, REBgp said:

No doubt Vidor will have trouble with PNG's passing attack.  The Pirates will have to make long scoring drives, and get a few breaks to win imo.  With the Liv game hanging over Ned, it's hard to predict fourth place.  That's a game (District) changer.

I agree. That will change things for sure. PNG has a good Defensive Line and Linebacker Play. Offensively we can put up points. I just think Vidor plays to our strengths. But you never know. I know on paper Nerdland looks down, but LN OWNS BF. Maybe this is the year it changes... But until I see it, I wont believe it. Central Played PAM decent, so I think if they get it together, you never know.... But I just cant see anyone else sneaking in the picture. Chumperton is not a real good team, as well as Livingston, and the others. But it should be interesting. PAM is a notch above everyone this year. If Nederland gets the QB back and does not have to forfeit the game, I think they have a chance.

I hope i'm wrong stats, but I see PAM dropping one to someone....I hope it isn't this week, but PNG worries me a little with there run game and defense(not the secondary).  I think the vidor vs pam game will be a lot like the pn-g vs vidor game. a couple of stops and scores vidor can't afford to eat clock if they fall behind to either.

Y'all keep saying PAM is Tier 1 and automatic but I'm not sold. Let's see how they fair with nederville and as they get further in the schedule. Again, I don't think anyone goes through this district undefeated. PAM is going to have he11 with our offense because they haven't played it before. Every 6A school we face does because it's not an offense for them to run due to their depth. PNG vs. Vidor this year is gonna be as good as a game as us and ned. Right now, our kids are full of confidence which is a rare commodity for Vidor football. Exciting times and well worth the $6 price of admission. Cheap.

2 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Y'all keep saying PAM is Tier 1 and automatic but I'm not sold. Let's see how they fair with nederville and as they get further in the schedule. Again, I don't think anyone goes through this district undefeated. PAM is going to have he11 with our offense because they haven't played it before. Every 6A school we face does because it's not an offense for them to run due to their depth. PNG vs. Vidor this year is gonna be as good as a game as us and ned. Right now, our kids are full of confidence which is a rare commodity for Vidor football. Exciting times and well worth the $6 price of admission. Cheap.

Looking for a great game

11 minutes ago, robanadana said:

well you think about this... you don't have the defense to defend the pass. Harrison is far better than the qb's you face in Nederland. your db's can't keep up. you won't score on all possessions. 2-3 stops with 2-3 PAM td's game is a wrap. oh laporte ran the crap out of the misdirection, sterling ran the option...we played a team or two in the preseason with some form of the option. last game of the season also will help us in the fact we will practice and prepare for it for 2 weeks because we have lee the week before. PN-G is the only team IMO that has a legit chance at beating PAM. 

9 minutes ago, pakronos said:

well you think about this... you don't have the defense to defend the pass. Harrison is far better than the qb's you face in Nederland. your db's can't keep up. you won't score on all possessions. 2-3 stops with 2-3 PAM td's game is a wrap. oh laporte ran the crap out of the misdirection, sterling ran the option...we played a team or two in the preseason with some form of the option. last game of the season also will help us in the fact we will practice and prepare for it for 2 weeks because we have lee the week before. PN-G is the only team IMO that has a legit chance at beating PAM. 

I agree with you 100%,the only thing i can say is vidor can only hope that Pam has trouble alittle bit stopping that run,because like i said before the ned game was you have to keep vidors off on side lines because they will burn down clock bad,first drive against ned i believe ran the clock all the way down to about three minutes left in first qt,so if they can run like that and burn clock up theres a chance but at the same time can they handle Pam speed,i do believe Pam with stop vidor stacking the box up with all the speed and shutting the power run down,if they can do that Pam will win big,if Pam some how has trouble stopping vidors run then it might be a closer game,its simple shut the run down and Pam wins very badly.........

54 minutes ago, pakronos said:

I hope i'm wrong stats, but I see PAM dropping one to someone....I hope it isn't this week, but PNG worries me a little with there run game and defense(not the secondary).  I think the vidor vs pam game will be a lot like the pn-g vs vidor game. a couple of stops and scores vidor can't afford to eat clock if they fall behind to either.

Pam will torch our secondary the db's are too short and there are plenty of balls thrown to them that should be picks but they don't catch them,so in the air show it's probably going to get ugly for sure,and the statement you made about qb's our qb will torch vidor too,he is fast and has moves that im pretty sure vidor will have trouble with plus the passing attack,and then we will pound the rock on them we have a pretty good back fast and shifty,i dont see Pam or Png losing to vidor but im not really sure about other teams we play like ned they always find a way to win with not as much talent,its all coaching i really believe,its in there heads,lol.

42 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Vidor will have a very tough time defending PAM.  Most of the complaints from Vidor fans on penalties, was the Vidor secondary grabbing on and holding for dear life on just about every pass play.  They had major issues with the Nederland receiving corp, PAM might be a little speedier.

1 hour ago, Brubaker said:

Vidor will have a very tough time defending PAM.  Most of the complaints from Vidor fans on penalties, was the Vidor secondary grabbing on and holding for dear life on just about every pass play.  They had major issues with the Nederland receiving corp, PAM might be a little speedier.

Yep.  A potent passing attack and the ability to score fast is going to hurt Vidor against PAM and PNG and maybe even Lumberton.

Unless you have put the eye test on PAM, I would not judge on them. I have put the eye test on them, they have alot of speed at every important position. I think after this week, we will all have a better idea after they play Nerdland. I do know Vidor struggled with Nederlands receivers.. I do not think they have a chance with PAMs receivers.. And the PAM back is the best in the district by a landslide. I imagine Mathews will load up the box and try to stop the run. He knows he cant afford to play man or even zone against PAMs quick skills kids. Just a true mismatch IMO. But if, Vidor can get some turnovers, and control the clock, who knows...

43 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Unless you have put the eye test on PAM, I would not judge on them. I have put the eye test on them, they have alot of speed at every important position. I think after this week, we will all have a better idea after they play Nerdland. I do know Vidor struggled with Nederlands receivers.. I do not think they have a chance with PAMs receivers.. And the PAM back is the best in the district by a landslide. I imagine Mathews will load up the box and try to stop the run. He knows he cant afford to play man or even zone against PAMs quick skills kids. Just a true mismatch IMO. But if, Vidor can get some turnovers, and control the clock, who knows...

What's option #3? Neither lol?

I love my NDN's but until Vidor I will not be confident on where we will end up. How is Vidor against the run? Do they blitz well? That could give us trouble. Just too hard to gauge right now. We only have had one good test and that was WOS in a scrimmage and Jack Dallas ate us up with outside passes. We fared real well against their run and in the middle. We were able to run the ball against that tough D and scored a couple of times. But it was a scrimmage, so....

2 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

I love my NDN's but until Vidor I will not be confident on where we will end up. How is Vidor against the run? Do they blitz well? That could give us trouble. Just too hard to gauge right now. We only have had one good test and that was WOS in a scrimmage and Jack Dallas ate us up with outside passes. We fared real well against their run and in the middle. We were able to run the ball against that tough D and scored a couple of times. But it was a scrimmage, so....

Vidor probably wont eat you up in the passing game.

4 hours ago, Brubaker said:

might be, I can assure you they are, the tailback is all the speed you need to focus on right now, when he takes it around the end, that's when you start holding your breath, just when you think you got him contained they will hit you deep with Angelle. PAM can go vertical and hurt you from all aspects of the game. Not to mention their Defensive line Is gonna be in the back field all night long as well. They are going to present you all sorts of WTH can we do to stop that kinda problems. It all boils down to SPEED ! I don't think coaching is gonna get you anywhere in this one, maybe turnovers could be a factor, but from what little I have seen of PAM they don't make mistakes!

3 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

If you are going to use us to build your credit up at least give correct information.  PNG scored once with a pass to number 6 and it was in the second half of the scrimmage.  Vidor scored 3 times once on starters and the other 2 on backups.