22-5a after week 5

RoschonsBigBro

16 hours ago, robanadana said:

nederville was getting smoked until they were helped by some very generous officiating...been going on for 35 years. Keep making excuses as to why you lost. You lost, period, end of story.

I didn't lose anything.  I'm from PA.  Vidor always whines about the officiating...even when they win. Vidor deserved the win (as I said) but the officiating was not the reason that the game was so close.   Neumann made adjustments and put the Dogs in a position to win.  Kudos to Vidor for the 2 pt conversion.

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I wouldn't call going into overtime and winning by three getting smoked but if it suits your narrative then ok, just remember those studs we were missing will be playing. Be for real though dude, you lost by 5 tds at home and just had to go to overtime to beat a bad Nederland team. A Nederland team that lost to 2-3 Dayton and was shut out 42-0 by WOS. Jim Holley would do the same thing to Vidor Westeberg did. Nobody wants to play y'all because you suck and are irrelevant, the only reason BH put y'all on the schedule was because they needed an easy win for the new head coach to start his program off and that's exactly what happened.

Vidor gets crap games because your program is a cellar dweller and you run an antiquated system that doesn't prepare anybody for anything besides getting their knees cut all the time. Do you honestly think the reason the best non-district game you can get is Channelview because somebody is scared to line up with y'all? You play 3A, 4A and out of state schools because none of the other good teams in the state respect your program enough to think it's worth their while.

I don't have to ask our school board anything, maybe you should ask yours to provide a playing surface that won't require a grown up Easter egg hunt for their children's shoes though.

Popcorn refill, please?

2 hours ago, AdvoSETexas said:

I guess the Coogs forgot the butt kicking Vidor gave you all at Lamar a few years ago. I worked security for Lamar on the Coogs side and you all couldn't believe that Vidor was running the ball down your throats. I told several of you then that Vidor had a good football team and your defense needed to do a better job of tackling.

No, Crosby couldn't believe we were playing so bad. Vidor ran for 306 on 67 carries on Crosby and ended with the same total yardage, Crosby ran for 283 on 31 carries and added 140 passing. It was the 100+ yards in penalties, the turnovers and muffed kicks deep in our own territory that made the difference. Vidor probably had one run over 10 yards the whole game, I also told several of you five years ago that it would be your only bi-district win for a long time and it most certainly was. Congrats though, y'all are the only squad to win a bi-district game against Crosby the last 8 years. 

After Lumberton ran the ball down y'alls throat to the tune of 425 yards, ask them what it was like to be down 35-0 at halftime. Trust me man, this ain't Flannigan's Crosby.

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

Jmo, y'all would have trouble stopping Vidor this year.  They'd run so many different ways, the Cougars are bound to like one of'em.  You're right, never seen Crosby play since Lamar.  Haven't seen Vidor play since Angleton.  Just don't appreciate folks downing a team and a community.  Vidor doesn't have all the big bucks coming in from Industry.  Doubt they could afford Turf.  But there's been a lot more football games played on grass than artificial turf.  

Why would we have trouble stopping Vidor? Because we have trouble stopping the run? BH didn't have any trouble at all stopping Vidor and we ran through them with a backup qb. Vidor probably hasn't completed 5 total passes this season, that often translates into not being able to cover it either. The one time they played a team that could throw it around the yard they were embarrassed. Vidor has played one good offense and four bad ones, don't mistake that for thinking your boys have more than they really do. You don't need big bucks from industry to have nice stuff, you just need an administration and community that want to provide it for their students.

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Why would we have trouble stopping Vidor? Because we have trouble stopping the run? BH didn't have any trouble at all stopping Vidor and we ran through them with a backup qb. Vidor probably hasn't completed 5 total passes this season, that often translates into not being able to cover it either. The one time they played a team that could throw it around the yard they were embarrassed. Vidor has played one good offense and four bad ones, don't mistake that for thinking your boys have more than they really do. You don't need big bucks from industry to have nice stuff, you just need an administration and community that want to provide it for their students.

PNG will exploit their defense

54 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Another angry post from 14.2. Man are you just have a rough day at work or something?

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yep.  Lumberton has zero industry and a smaller budget than Vidor and figured out how to do it.  It just has to be made a priority for the students and community.  And it doesn't have to take away from quality of education or teacher salaries to do it.

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I wouldn't call going into overtime and winning by three getting smoked but if it suits your narrative then ok, just remember those studs we were missing will be playing. Be for real though dude, you lost by 5 tds at home and just had to go to overtime to beat a bad Nederland team. A Nederland team that lost to 2-3 Dayton and was shut out 42-0 by WOS. Jim Holley would do the same thing to Vidor Westeberg did. Nobody wants to play y'all because you suck and are irrelevant, the only reason BH put y'all on the schedule was because they needed an easy win for the new head coach to start his program off and that's exactly what happened.

Vidor gets crap games because your program is a cellar dweller and you run an antiquated system that doesn't prepare anybody for anything besides getting their knees cut all the time. Do you honestly think the reason the best non-district game you can get is Channelview because somebody is scared to line up with y'all? You play 3A, 4A and out of state schools because none of the other good teams in the state respect your program enough to think it's worth their while.

I don't have to ask our school board anything, maybe you should ask yours to provide a playing surface that won't require a grown up Easter egg hunt for their children's shoes though.

"...a grown up Easter egg hunt for their children's shoes..."

That's funny stuff right there.  

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

No, Crosby couldn't believe we were playing so bad. Vidor ran for 306 on 67 carries on Crosby and ended with the same total yardage, Crosby ran for 283 on 31 carries and added 140 passing. It was the 100+ yards in penalties, the turnovers and muffed kicks deep in our own territory that made the difference. Vidor probably had one run over 10 yards the whole game, I also told several of you five years ago that it would be your only bi-district win for a long time and it most certainly was. Congrats though, y'all are the only squad to win a bi-district game against Crosby the last 8 years. 

After Lumberton ran the ball down y'alls throat to the tune of 425 yards, ask them what it was like to be down 35-0 at halftime. Trust me man, this ain't Flannigan's Crosby.

No comment.  It was brutal.