Lumberton at Vidor predictions...

mytwocents-28

23 hours ago, REBgp said:

I've anticipated this game being a problem for Vidor since the Central game.  For the very reasons you pointed out, that Ltown defense has stopped Vidor the last few years.  As pointed out above, Vidor better focus.

Not to take anything away from Lumberton but after Friday night my friend, I wouldn't look to the past on Vidor. Those kids stomped it into the dirt and buried it. I am a proud Pirate right now.

39 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Not to take anything away from Lumberton but after Friday night my friend, I wouldn't look to the past on Vidor. Those kids stomped it into the dirt and buried it. I am a proud Pirate right now.

I'm a very happy "ex" Pirate, as is my son (lives in Porter), who for the first time, in a long time, listened to the game.  He's planning on taking his boys to watch the Pirates in the playoffs.  Depending on when (primarily when Rebs play), I'll go with him.  Last time, got to see Crosby and Angleton.

1 hour ago, robanadana said:

I agree with you. I watched Vidor last year against us, and I watched y'all play central this year. Completely different team with quirante running things!!

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:
This is the hidden content, please

I'm done with

Uho.......

*grabs popcorn*

9 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I'm done with

Why would she be done with the site it's so much fun,lol,jw,maybe she can tell me.

I don't see Vidor winning easily. I just think our defense is too good against teams like this to say they win easily.

However, something we Lumberton people have to keep in mind is that we lost a great defensive coordinator in coach Jehling. He had our guys more than ready for this game last year. This year, pretty much the same defense but different coaching. Will it be the same preparation wise?

20 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I don't see Vidor winning easily. I just think our defense is too good against teams like this to say they win easily.

However, something we Lumberton people have to keep in mind is that we lost a great defensive coordinator in coach Jehling. He had our guys more than ready for this game last year. This year, pretty much the same defense but different coaching. Will it be the same preparation wise?

I just think "Chumperton" does not have enough offense, and defense to win. But, stranger things have happened. I would not mind seeing the Caboose riders get a win. It sure would help our cause. 

4 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I just think "Chumperton" does not have enough offense, and defense to win. But, stranger things have happened. I would not mind seeing the Caboose riders get a win. It sure would help our cause. 

Well we haven't done anything this year to prove that assessment wrong, hopefully we can change that this week

27 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Vidor has a belief in each other right now. They are playing with intensity, passion, and executing their game plan! If the Raiders plan to compete and be in a position to get the upset, they must meet the Pirate's intensity, passion, and execution! They must mentally decide if they want it as bad as the Pirates do. Must not strive for perfection, but for excellence in their execution.

12 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

Vidor has a belief in each other right now. They are playing with intensity, passion, and executing their game plan! If the Raiders plan to compete and be in a position to get the upset, they must meet the Pirate's intensity, passion, and execution! They must mentally decide if they want it as bad as the Pirates do. Must not strive for perfection, but for excellence in their execution.

Well said! Much respect for Vidor from Raider Nation.

I'll admit Vidor came back after "big" wins over Central & Ozen, but they where just that, big wins.  Beating Ned by 1 point, in OT, in Ned, is a whole other type "Big" win.  I think Ltown will catch Vidor at their most vulnerable time.  Vidor may still win, but I don't see it being easy.