Lumberton at Vidor predictions...

mytwocents-28

I really don't know what to think. Last year we stopped yalls offense easily, both yalls offense and our defense returns most starters, except yalls offense looks to be on another level this year.

on the other side we ran it with ease last year, but our offense unfortunately isn't lookin quite as good, while yalls defense seems to be better.

I refrain from making predictions, but I view this game as a toss-up.  Lumberton under Coach Babin has been revived and has beaten the Pirates the past two years.  On the other hand, Vidor's defense has improved and with Quirante at QB, the offense has too.  Vidor must clean up the penalties and can't have a let down that takes away from focusing on the Raiders.  I expect another hard-fought game between these two teams.

3 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

I really don't know what to think. Last year we stopped yalls offense easily, both yalls offense and our defense returns most starters, except yalls offense looks to be on another level this year.

on the other side we ran it with ease last year, but our offense unfortunately isn't lookin quite as good, while yalls defense seems to be better.

I've anticipated this game being a problem for Vidor since the Central game.  For the very reasons you pointed out, that Ltown defense has stopped Vidor the last few years.  As pointed out above, Vidor better focus.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

I've anticipated this game being a problem for Vidor since the Central game.  For the very reasons you pointed out, that Ltown defense has stopped Vidor the last few years.  As pointed out above, Vidor better focus.

I believe week in and week out, every opponent we have faced has stopped us in the past. But it's the past for a reason. Keep thinking that is your advantage and let's see the results. Vidor is playing at a different level than years past and they will be focused. Should be a good game and hope for a injury free game as well. Vidor should have the edge. 

On 9/24/2016 at 9:46 AM, L-Train11 said:

The difference is Maverick Quirante at QB. He was hurt last year and missed the season with a knee injury. He knows how to run that offense. Also, we made some big changes to the defensive alignment going away from a 3 / 4 flex to four down front. Last year's team didn't have the heart from its' senior leadership this one does and that is everything on a football team. Finally, Jeff Mathews, Jeff Mathews, Jeff Mathews. 

23 hours ago, Tim Riggins said:

I refrain from making predictions, but I view this game as a toss-up.  Lumberton under Coach Babin has been revived and has beaten the Pirates the past two years.  On the other hand, Vidor's defense has improved and with Quirante at QB, the offense has too.  Vidor must clean up the penalties and can't have a let down that takes away from focusing on the Raiders.  I expect another hard-fought game between these two teams.

We'll clean up a lot of penalties not playing in nederville.

1 hour ago, robanadana said:

This is one of those games I thought would be for a playoff spot. Preseason I had it like this: PAM, PNG, Vidor-Lumberton in no specific order. Babin was a great choice for coach and I see this being a one TD game just because of the rivalry (good) between the two schools.

I agree, this game could very well be for a playoff spot.  Lumberton is a solid team, especially on defense.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a few new wrinkles on the Pirate offense this week.