*****Crockett @ Newton showdown*****

GATA!

38 minutes ago, GATA! said:

Im also hearing Crockett peeps feel they have a better shot if the game was at Crockett or Neutral site.

They didn't want neutral site last and they want next year. I am sure they would like for their coaches to umpire the game also. Anything for an advantage,  If we meet in the play-offs we will play them on neutral field . I hope we are healthy when we play , maybe this  week off will give all time to mend.JMO

Newton will light the board up in this game. If Crockett was gonna beat Newton it would have been last year. Not gonna happen this year. Newton has took it easy in most of these games after getting a comfortable lead and have played a better schedule than Crockett.  This will be the 1st meeting second will be in the playoffs. Newton 42------7

Crockett will not be as good as Silsbee in any aspects of the game and they run somewhat of the same offense. At least i think they do; Correct me if i'm wrong? That is not a knock to Crockett at all. I respect them and hope they do great this season and represent the district. Crockett has very good athletes, but Silsbee's athletes are on a different level. All of their offers speak for itself. All being said, that just goes to show how good this Newton team is this year. Everything is clicking even without some key players. Newton will beat them by 3 scores!

51 minutes ago, BLUEDOGGY said:

my dog's will be ready for Newton this year, our defense is much improved to say the least, we will not shut the eagles down but we will make the stops that count, and Newton already knows about our offense so no need to explain, all in all should be a great game to attend and i am looking forward to it!

I do think it will be a great game, a week off for the bruises to heel and get healthy is what we needed. I expect to see Crockett again in play-offs so do the coaches hold back some or show all there cards?

9 hours ago, BLUEDOGGY said:

that is a fact! but we have a complete team this year "offense & Defense" the hole package! your secondary is suspect for the deep over the top ball, and your run game "this year" is not as powerful as years past.

You're wrong in so many ways here. Last year was one of the not so good teams Newton has had. Gabe Foster that had 9 division1 offers didn't play against Crockett and newtons run game was the worst i've seen in my years. Oh, Newton also had 8 fumbles that game, but that is apart of the game. So, if you were going to beat Newton, then it would have been last year. Newton is loaded this year and will have a little something extra for the Bulldogs with big time players coming back that hasn't played all year. I think Crockett is talented and better than last season, but Newton was not good at all last year being that so many players were out the second half of the season and still came out with an ugly win. Newton takes this by three scores easily. 

8 hours ago, crazeddeer said:

From what I heard of last year's game was that Newton had problems stopping crockett on offense could someone shed some light on whether this was true or not.

This is true. Newton's Gabe Foster that was the top DB in the class of 3A was out and he was also i big time RB for Newton. Newton was very down and was not as good of a team as in the past. Everyone knows that except crockett lol. But, this years team is loaded at all positions and way better than last years team. Stopping the passing game won't be an issue by any means. 

14 hours ago, BLUEDOGGY said:

Newton is gonna have to dig deep into that playbook to keep from taking a loss at home, you Newton folk's already know what is coming so no need to hold back anything, stop it if you can!!

Haha....... boy/girl hush! Yall might be  a little better on defense but still want be enough, as mentioned last year y'all couldn't beat us with 12 turnovers given to you