21-5a what a roller coaster.

Cougtalk

As i see it...

Porter, Crosby, Barbers Hill, New Caney, Splendora, Dayton, Humble seem to be in a deadlock. 

NC/Crosby/Porter/BH seems to be the favorites for the 4 spots but Dayton, Humble and Splendora cannot be counted out. Porter could have had an aberration versus Crosby but the trucked KWP this week. 

Honestly I'm not even saying my cougars will win district hell i could see us finishing 3rd if we don't take care of New Caney, and Dayton will always play us tough. Porter will be 6a in the next realignment, New Caney might also be. This is a good district this year. 

1 hour ago, GCMinTheFuture said:

Dayton may win 1 more game this season. BH will lose 1 more. Crosby will lose 1 more.  The rest will fall in place.  I am going Crosby and BH in a tie for DC. 

The players looked healthy last night at the NC vs Dayton game, expect Crosby to look like they did the first three weeks of the season now that things are lined out. Our game with New Caney the last week of the season is most likely for the DC. 

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The players looked healthy last night at the NC vs Dayton game, expect Crosby to look like they did the first three weeks of the season now that things are lined out. Our game with New Caney the last week of the season is most likely for the DC. 

Definitely agree that the ship should come down to the last game between Crosby New Caney, just got to stay healthy.

Humble's win over Splendora either helped things or hurt things depending on what your perception of those two teams are at this point in the season. Humble and Splendora both have New Caney, Barbers Hill, Porter and Crosby left to play. IMO they'll be considered underdogs in all four games, as we know upsets happen though. 

I think Crosby and New Caney are in but BH still isn't out of the woods. HUGE game in Mont Belvieu next Friday against Dayton. Even though they look like two teams on different trajectories if Dayton can get the W on the road they basically swap places with BH for the 4th spot for the week and play Porter for their season the first week in October. Regardless of what "place" they're technically in Dayton has to win two of the next three with one needing to be Porter. 

BH, it's pretty simple assuming Humble and Splendora are what I think. Just win the next three games against Dayton, Splendora and Humble and you're back in the dance for the first time in four years. 

As it stands right now. Porter can lose to all of New Caney, Dayton and BH and still get into the playoffs with a 5-3 record. They would need wins over Caney Creek, Splendora and Humble without winning one of the previous three I mentioned. 

35 minutes ago, easttexiasbias said:

I'm still not sold on BH.  This will be a interesting week. They should be able to beat Dayton but not so fast my friends.  BH better watch out.  This is a very dangerous game for them.  It could all go down hill if the lose this game.  

I honestly honk it's down to them and Dayton for the last spot. One scenario I can see though is BH, Porter and Dayton all finishing 5-3 in district play and it coming down to some type of tiebreaker for the last two spots. 

14 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I was told we have a couple of injuries from last night. I'm hoping the names told to me can play against Dayton. The next five weeks, we will see seperation and to be honest, I don't know who is going to the playoffs. Still think 5-3 gets you in.

If thats how it happens. Dayton has 4 more to win then, according to what your thinking. Dayton can win against BH, KP, Porter and Caney Creek. And we all know Crosby is always a toss up when these two meet up, but a win against them is possible. Dayton is going to have to step up their game though.... Can't allow 4 TD's in the first Q. And can't have fumbles like they did against NC. I love my Broncos no matter what..... GO BRONCOS!

Yeah, it's hard to really gage (no pun intended) the Hill at this juncture.  I don't want to diminish any game so far because they all have been great building blocks for the new regime and the "new" team by getting the Eagles' "talons" under them.  Throw out Vidor (horrific conditions and 1st game of the year),  and what do we have?  Not a real gage with Santa Fe, KP, or Caney Creek...games we SHOULD have won!  Crosby basically dismantled the Hill with key player/s out.  Although I love me some BH Eagles, this next game to me will be most telling.  Dayton is a very dangerous team with talent to burn but they don't seem to have a lot of confidence right now.  Give them just the slightest boost in that department and look out!!!  I really don't think anyone can have a good take on this game.  It could be blow-out either way OR a nail-biter...toss a coin guys, it may boil down to that.  IF the Hill wins then I think it galvanizes their chances, obviously,  for one of the 4 spots just by sake of the win.  IF the Hill wins, it deals spades in proving to themselves that they ARE capable of really big things and then look out the rest of the regular season!!!

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I honestly honk it's down to them and Dayton for the last spot. One scenario I can see though is BH, Porter and Dayton all finishing 5-3 in district play and it coming down to some type of tiebreaker for the last two spots. 

That tiebreaker would most likely be point differential.

On September 24, 2016 at 4:47 PM, TradenupBH said:

Porter has the Crosby win, but they still jave NC, BH, Dayton, Splendora left. All of these are vying for playoff spots. If Crosby slips up, they are going to be clawing to get in too.

Hints it might have been an aberration. Crosby is of very little risk right now 1 District loss when your down your best 2 weapons and you lose with a sophomore at QB. The rest of the district doesn't get to play that team. Also Porter's Passing attacks is very good reminded me of NC last year. NC will be a huge test for crosby. I always expect the Dayton game to be close but not because i think Dayton is all that good this year just because it's a rivalry. 

Crosby Has KWP, NC, Dayton, CC, splendora Left on Schedule 3 of those games the Cougs would be a double digit favorite. One is a push and the other is a TD favorite.