Vidor 29 Nederland 28/FINAL (OT)

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

If you're referring to my reference to the run, I was merely pointing out that even though the Stats show each team gettin 61 yards in penalties, some penalties are "bigger" than others.  Not whether the call was valid or not.  I was in my recliner depending on TVC and other posters - punching refresh, and using up my precious Gb's.

Wasn't directed at you. A couple others, maybe... lol

10 hours ago, REBgp said:

I'd lost a bet on Vidor's six penalties.  Seem like they had 6 on Ned's last drive in regulation lol.  I do think, and may be wrong again, that the yards those 6 penalties cost Vidor were a whole lot more than Ned's 6 penalties.  The 70+ yard run for instance.  

Regardless of all that, I repeatedly posted it was going to be close (first projection I've got right this year, lol).  But I doubt many could have foresaw the Hollywood finish - a thriller film for Vidor, a horror film for Nederland.  Folks who were fortunate enough to see this game, will remember it for a long time.  Hats off to both teams, coaching staffs, and schools.

oh and by the way, here are the stats for you.   Vidor and Nederland were penalized for the exact same amount of yards.  So tell me about that bias again?

Team Stats
                          Vidor    Nederland
Total yards          300    347
First downs           21    16
Rushes/Yds      43/274    45/165
Average rush      6.37    3.67
Comp/Atts           2/4/0    13/23/2
Pass yards            26    182
Comp pct              50    56.52
Punts                     2    3
Punting Yards        60    85
Punting Average    30    28.33
Fumbles/Lost         2/2    4/1
Penalties-yards    6-61    6-61

BTW lildog, here are some stats for you. Your own boy tvc has at least 12 definite penalties listed against Vidor (some others I can't make out) including the td "drive" in 2nd quarter and the td "drive" in the 4th quarter as well as the field goal "drive" at the end of regulation. Holding on running plays, calling back Haylon's run to the 7, 5 interference calls, calling back a TD. You must work for MSNBC and be a Hillary supporter. PA News had it listed at 9 (wrong). I'll  get the straight scoop Monday from the high school. Vidorian will be out Wednesday. Do we play y'all in nederville again next year? I'm counting on it. That's how you go 35 years without losing to us in that purgatory you call a football field.

This is my first time posting on this website I just never have felt the need to do so but after watching the game and reading the comments some people make it's sad. Some people are on here for the right reasons such as posting updates and giviing credit where credit is due, but 2 teams of 16, 17, and 18 year olds played their hearts out and grown "adults" are going back and forth trash talking towns, players, and coaches. Its not about any of us. It's about the boys that played that game last night. Both teams deserved to win there's no doubt that that was one of the hardest fought football games I've ever witnessed and for anyone to downgrade either team for any reason is ridiculous. I have the upmost respect for Nederland and their program and I wish them the best of luck. And congrats pirates on the win! 

12 hours ago, Realville said:

I am sure that the Nederland team that played last night appreciates that statement. What's wrong? Port Arthur not giving up players to Nederland like they use too. PAM will be ready to make a statement next Friday.

Nothing is wrong 

I'm simply making an objective observation 

I'M A VIDOR FAN THIS YEAR, TILL THE LAST GAME ANYWAY LOL... first time seeing them play. i love the passion and fire of coach matthews. when he gave nederland the thumbs up, i chuckled...i took as him saying "okay, you (words i can't say) i got you, i see how it's gonna be. the team NEVER appeared to panic and just kept playing.

9 hours ago, Pirate006 said:

This is my first time posting on this website I just never have felt the need to do so but after watching the game and reading the comments some people make it's sad. Some people are on here for the right reasons such as posting updates and giviing credit where credit is due, but 2 teams of 16, 17, and 18 year olds played their hearts out and grown "adults" are going back and forth trash talking towns, players, and coaches. Its not about any of us. It's about the boys that played that game last night. Both teams deserved to win there's no doubt that that was one of the hardest fought football games I've ever witnessed and for anyone to downgrade either team for any reason is ridiculous. I have the upmost respect for Nederland and their program and I wish them the best of luck. And congrats pirates on the win! 

No one is downgrading teams son. It has nothing to do with the wonderful kids that play for Nederland or for Vidor. The fact that your a newbie says it all; you need to be a little better versed in the nuances of this board and the history of Vidor / Nederland football. You don't lose for 35 years in someone's home stadium without some home cooking among other things. Period. End of story. Nothing to do with the kids. I just intend on calling it out with the UIL over the next few months, legally if I have to. We deserve two home games in a row unless you like playing in nederville every year. Congratulations to the 16 - 18 year old children who fought so hard in that game for both sides. It's the adults I have problems with.

22 minutes ago, robanadana said:

No one is downgrading teams son. It has nothing to do with the wonderful kids that play for Nederland or for Vidor. The fact that your a newbie says it all; you need to be a little better versed in the nuances of this board and the history of Vidor / Nederland football. You don't lose for 35 years in someone's home stadium without some home cooking among other things. Period. End of story. Nothing to do with the kids. I just intend on calling it out with the UIL over the next few months, legally if I have to. We deserve two home games in a row unless you like playing in nederville every year. Congratulations to the 16 - 18 year old children who fought so hard in that game for both sides. It's the adults I have problems with.

Oh so because I'm not versed my opinion doesn't matter and you're right? Maybe it's better that I'm not versed I have better things to do anyways besides post on some forum. You know there are these people that schools hire called "coaches" and an "athletic director" that will take care of problems that they see fit. 

22 minutes ago, robanadana said:

1 hour ago, outanup said:

What was the deal with Vidor's H.S. principal being on the field? Sources say he was in an altercation with the officials? I saw the popo in the endzone talking it up with some folks at halftime.

He is on the sidelines at the games, he was an assistant coach before he became principal and was QB 1 for the Pirates back in 2000.  No altercation with him.  In the first half  a VISD police officer, (Not Vidor PD), was too close to the sideline and seemed to be getting a bit too "involved" in the game.  One of the sideline officials stopped the game and instructed him to move back toward the track area and he did.   This happened near the west end zone.

3 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

He is on the sidelines at the games, he was an assistant coach before he became principal and was QB 1 for the Pirates back in 2000.  No altercation with him.  In the first half  a VISD police officer, (Not Vidor PD), was too close to the sideline and seemed to be getting a bit too "involved" in the game.  One of the sideline officials stopped the game and instructed him to move back toward the track area and he did.   This happened near the west end zone.

Gotcha.......

2 hours ago, outanup said:

What was the deal with Vidor's H.S. principal being on the field? Sources say he was in an altercation with the officials? I saw the popo in the endzone talking it up with some folks at halftime.

It was not the principal, I believe it was one of the campus police(maybe,he was in uniform) . It looked like he said something after the first Ned td that the official did not like

13 hours ago, robanadana said:

oh and by the way, here are the stats for you.   Vidor and Nederland were penalized for the exact same amount of yards.  So tell me about that bias again?

Team Stats
                          Vidor    Nederland
Total yards          300    347
First downs           21    16
Rushes/Yds      43/274    45/165
Average rush      6.37    3.67
Comp/Atts           2/4/0    13/23/2
Pass yards            26    182
Comp pct              50    56.52
Punts                     2    3
Punting Yards        60    85
Punting Average    30    28.33
Fumbles/Lost         2/2    4/1
Penalties-yards    6-61    6-61

BTW lildog, here are some stats for you. Your own boy tvc has at least 12 definite penalties listed against Vidor (some others I can't make out) including the td "drive" in 2nd quarter and the td "drive" in the 4th quarter as well as the field goal "drive" at the end of regulation. Holding on running plays, calling back Haylon's run to the 7, 5 interference calls, calling back a TD. You must work for MSNBC and be a Hillary supporter. PA News had it listed at 9 (wrong). I'll  get the straight scoop Monday from the high school. Vidorian will be out Wednesday. Do we play y'all in nederville again next year? I'm counting on it. That's how you go 35 years without losing to us in that purgatory you call a football field.

Partly due to this game, I'm over my GB allotment for the month, but I wanted to go back and check TVC's postings (again, excellent job TVC).  Thanks for doing so, and confirming what I thought.  The Enterprise use to publish the Stats.  Would be great if they put them on line like the Htn Chronicle does. Looking forward to seeing something relatively official/accurate.  Wonder where Bigdog got those figures from?  Wherever, it's probably an error.  Not unusual for 2 teams to have the same number of penalties, but both teams having the same number of penalties, and exactly 61 yards, is a stretch.  I'm thinking Ned had 6 for 61 yards and Vidor had ?? for ??? Yards.

3 hours ago, Pirate006 said:

Oh so because I'm not versed my opinion doesn't matter and you're right? Maybe it's better that I'm not versed I have better things to do anyways besides post on some forum. You know there are these people that schools hire called "coaches" and an "athletic director" that will take care of problems that they see fit. 

Nope,not saying your opinion doesn't matter, I'm just voicing mine. I have the statistics to prove what I'm talking about...or maybe you can explain to me losing to them for 35 years in their home stadium...and playing back to back games....on their field....or playing them the first game of the season four years in a row....or that winning Vidor TD drive lined with penalty flags helping. I'm 57 years old and been watching it happen a long, long time and i'm sick of it. Maybe you want to shoot for another 35 years because our kids are just "crummy".

14 minutes ago, REBgp said:

PA News has penalties:  Ned 6-51 and Vidor 9-80.  That's a little more realistic, but I wouldn't bet the house on it, since you counted 12 in TVC post (I put more stock in TVC than any reporter).   

Big Dog got those stats from Neaumann! Lol! No really he got them from the Houston Chronicle which is where the refs were  throwing the flags from.

12 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Nope,not saying your opinion doesn't matter, I'm just voicing mine. I have the statistics to prove what I'm talking about...or maybe you can explain to me losing to them for 35 years in their home stadium...and playing back to back games....on their field....or playing them the first game of the season four years in a row....or that winning Vidor TD drive lined with penalty flags helping. I'm 57 years old and been watching it happen a long, long time and i'm sick of it. Maybe you want to shoot for another 35 years because our kids are just "crummy".

IMO you really should try to savor and cherish this victory, as they dont come often. Vidor has a history of losing to most teams, Home and away.   258-495-16  not sure if this is correct but its gotta be close, per Lone Star football network. By the looks of these numbers Ned is only a fraction of the problem. Stand up, dust yourself off and look BEYOND the Grassy Knoll. 

5 minutes ago, outanup said:

IMO you really should try to savor and cherish this victory, as they dont come often. Vidor has a history of losing to most teams, Home and away.   258-495-16  not sure if this is correct but its gotta be close, per Lone Star football network. By the looks of these numbers Ned is only a fraction of the problem. Stand up, dust yourself off and look BEYOND the Grassy Knoll. 

I wonder what Nederland & Png records would be if y'all didn't take talent Port Arthur. Neumann and Faircloth are excellant coaches but let's not kid ourselves. It's been going on for years.

2 minutes ago, Realville said:

I wonder what Nederland & Png records would be if y'all didn't take talent Port Arthur. Neumann and Faircloth are excellant coaches but let's not kid ourselves. It's been going on for years.

I see you live behind the Grassy Knoll too. Whats really been going on for years is Vidor losing. And not just to Nederland.

20 minutes ago, outanup said:

I see you live behind the Grassy Knoll too. Whats really been going on for years is Vidor losing. And not just to Nederland.

Never disputed Vidors lost record to other teams . And yes I do live behind the grassy knoll with you if you think y'all haven't been taking talent from Port Arthur for years. Your QB under investigation from the UIL is a perfect example.

4 minutes ago, Realville said:

Never disputed Vidors lost record to other teams . And yes I do live behind the grassy knoll with you if you think y'all haven't been taking talent from Port Arthur for years. Your QB under investigation from the UIL is a perfect example.

Fact....He came to us. Fact....Port Arthur's enrollment is on the decline, this is why they have dropped down into our district. They are headed to Sabine Pass, Ned, Bmt, PNG and everywhere else. Now, provide the fact that he was taken. HE CAME HERE. Those arent crickets...Must be voices