New Caney 48 Dayton 26/FINAL

WOSgrad

On 9/24/2016 at 5:04 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

As intense as your coach is on the sideline that's weird you mention intensity in practice? I know people don't like stats but other than the Humble game, against not so stellar competition Dayton is averaging 23ppg. That's a crazy number for a team that used to be able to scheme 40 on you with no problem, win or lose. 

Getting your rear end handed to you tends to make you cranky -  

I have no clue as to why we can't score in the 2nd half,My guess is we're too soft up front.Defense has been@ the bottom of dist stats going on 6 yrs.Now we have 33 srs when we did field 21(and those 21=alot played both ways)now@ halftime we show little aggression/push.Lawd I just can't remember how many yrs it's been since we sacked a qb on a regular basis.Rules are rules,shy away from team infractions w/o penalty for breaking them then you have 2012 all over again except then we were 9-0 & got dbl donkey stomped by SC/lost next week to Ned Rd#1 because the kids that put in their work=laid down.I'm a big of Bronco fan as I can be,I'll be as candid as I can=it's a paying job to change what's not working to what will suffice(be enuff).If they threaten to quit=let them,they don't want be a team of overcomers.This week Dayt has to out athelete BH=not gonna out coach them.If everybody is better than we are then so be it,we'll just start a new streak & end 1 that's lasted 20 yrs.I believe talent is there to continue the tradition,I believe we can win w/our staff,I believe we just haven't figured it all out yet.I believe it has to get fixed the next 3 games which we prolly need to win the next 2 for certain.I know we have DASBC formed/growing & providing as a support group.Bronco fans are waitin on you Broncos to be victorious,it's your decision young men,it's crunch time NOW,Go beat BH

8 minutes ago, liltex said:

I have no clue as to why we can't score in the 2nd half,My guess is we're too soft up front.Defense has been@ the bottom of dist stats going on 6 yrs.Now we have 33 srs when we did field 21(and those 21=alot played both ways)now@ halftime we show little aggression/push.Lawd I just can't remember how many yrs it's been since we sacked a qb on a regular basis.Rules are rules,shy away from team infractions w/o penalty for breaking them then you have 2012 all over again except then we were 9-0 & got dbl donkey stomped by SC/lost next week to Ned Rd#1 because the kids that put in their work=laid down.I'm a big of Bronco fan as I can be,I'll be as candid as I can=it's a paying job to change what's not working to what will suffice(be enuff).If they threaten to quit=let them,they don't want be a team of overcomers.This week Dayt has to out athelete BH=not gonna out coach them.If everybody is better than we are then so be it,we'll just start a new streak & end 1 that's lasted 20 yrs.I believe talent is there to continue the tradition,I believe we can win w/our staff,I believe we just haven't figured it all out yet.I believe it has to get fixed the next 3 games which we prolly need to win the next 2 for certain.I know we have DASBC formed/growing & providing as a support group.Bronco fans are waitin on you Broncos to be victorious,it's your decision young men,it's crunch time NOW,Go beat BH

Plenty of talent coming up.  Big hitters on the 10th grade group

25 minutes ago, liltex said:

Kids have to be coached up in practice,during the game and especially at halftime.Practice is the foundation of the house you build your wins on. The whole team has to be  involved can't be 40 people standing around watching 22 players play and that includes coaches. Have to be didicated to the team can't be political showing favoritism that will eventually lead to mutiny as liltex said in the 2012 SC game. You can't win if your not in shape - good teams always out perform their competition because they put in the hard work it takes too win. NC ran mostly two plays all night for they're running game. The QB would delay wait for Dayton to over commit and find the whole and run a keeper,then the next play he would delay wait for Dayton to over commit and hand it to the RB and he would have hudge gaps to run into and when he got bored he would pass it( it wasn't rocket science)... These types of counter adjustments have to be adressed at half time but they can't if the coaching staff doesn't communicate with the players, a little guidance goes a long way. I have faith our good coaches and players will elevate their game by friday and bring home a win . as always  Go Bronco's !

9 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Kids have to be coached up in practice,during the game and especially at halftime.Practice is the foundation of the house you build your wins on. The whole team has to be  involved can't be 40 people standing around watching 22 players play and that includes coaches. Have to be didicated to the team can't be political showing favoritism that will eventually lead to mutiny as liltex said in the 2012 SC game. You can't win if your not in shape - good teams always out perform their competition because they put in the hard work it takes too win. NC ran mostly two plays all night for they're running game. The QB would delay wait for Dayton to over commit and find the whole and run a keeper,then the next play he would delay wait for Dayton to over commit and hand it to the RB and he would have hudge gaps to run into and when he got bored he would pass it( it wasn't rocket science)... These types of counter adjustments have to be adressed at half time but they can't if the coaching staff doesn't communicate with the players, a little guidance goes a long way. I have faith our good coaches and players will elevate their game by friday and bring home a win . as always  Go Bronco's !

That bad at practice huh?

9 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Kids have to be coached up in practice,during the game and especially at halftime.Practice is the foundation of the house you build your wins on. The whole team has to be  involved can't be 40 people standing around watching 22 players play and that includes coaches. Have to be dedicated to the team can't be political showing favoritism that will eventually lead to mutiny as liltex said in the 2012 SC game. You can't win if your not in shape - good teams always out perform their competition because they put in the hard work it takes too win. NC ran mostly two plays all night for they're running game. The QB would delay wait for Dayton to over commit and find the whole and run a keeper,then the next play he would delay wait for Dayton to over commit and hand it to the RB and he would have huge gaps to run into and when he got bored he would pass it( it wasn't rocket science)... These types of counter adjustments have to be addressed at half time but they can't if the coaching staff doesn't communicate with the players, a little guidance goes a long way. I have faith our good coaches and players will elevate their game by friday and bring home a win . as always  Go Bronco's !

NOT SAYING ANY OF THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING! JUST MY OPINION. Getting that out of the way. But IF it were. I agree. Politics gets you no where. You play your best players .It doesn't matter who their parents are.  And if they cant get it done, then there is ALWAYS someone on the sidelines waiting to do it. Players miss practice, they don't play on Friday night. Discipline, got to have it... 

i have been to quiet a few practices and I'm not understanding where y'all think the practices are soft. I've seen some good action in them, and have picked up my son in nearly everyone of them. I've seen them have a good practice then have to run 10 200's 6 100's and I was thinking coach Sherman wasn't that tough, but I do think we have to play smarter football, gotta be diciplined and we gotta stay at home and stay on our blocks until the whistle blows, too many times last week our lineman are standing alone watching with a front row seat, our QB getting slaughtered. Size is great on the line but if they won't be mobile  it's a waste. I remember 6-7 years ago we were smaller than most but never harder worked. I know Nations will get us back there again. Go Broncos!!!!!!

11 hours ago, liltex said:

I;ve been watching=yes,I also remember this group of srs were the same way=won Jv dist championship

Tex,

I agree 100 percent, taht horse shoe on that helment ment something. Kids actually worked thier butt off to be able to put that helmet on. Now of you are a talentes kid you can choose when to practice and not not to practice becauae you know either way you will get to play. 

On the defensive side of the ball if you promote coaches that had the same trouble for 3 years in a row and it may be more than that then this is what you get. Can not understand that move. 

With all that beokng said i will be in the bleachers every friday night rooting on my broncos. The kids that are thier are good kids and need some guidance. I know the coaching has to get better and believe it will. If it dont the streak ends next week in BH.

3 hours ago, Coach Klien said:

Tex,

I agree 100 percent, taht horse shoe on that helment ment something. Kids actually worked thier butt off to be able to put that helmet on. Now of you are a talentes kid you can choose when to practice and not not to practice becauae you know either way you will get to play. 

On the defensive side of the ball if you promote coaches that had the same trouble for 3 years in a row and it may be more than that then this is what you get. Can not understand that move. 

With all that beokng said i will be in the bleachers every friday night rooting on my broncos. The kids that are thier are good kids and need some guidance. I know the coaching has to get better and believe it will. If it dont the streak ends next week in BH.

So what coaching changes were made except the head coach. I was told everything else was pretty much the same as the last 5 years.

1 hour ago, Broncopride92 said:

So what coaching changes were made except the head coach. I was told everything else was pretty much the same as the last 5 years.

I believe the OC and DC we both promotions may be wrong but if  we have had atleast 80% of the same  staff for the last 5 years and  have all seen the broncos in A downward spiral. Do you think it was a good idear to promote anyone that was already there. With all the trdition here in dayton to get a great OC and DC probably would not have been that hard. I have seen the buddie system before and it very rarly works.

23 minutes ago, Coach Klien said:

I believe the OC and DC we both promotions may be wrong but if  we have had atleast 80% of the same  staff for the last 5 years and  have all seen the broncos in A downward spiral. Do you think it was a good idear to promote anyone that was already there. With all the trdition here in dayton to get a great OC and DC probably would not have been that hard. I have seen the buddie system before and it very rarly works.

I guess that is my point . If you don't make a change, don't expect things to change.

3 hours ago, Broncopride92 said:

Bronco 94 said : we do have a different OC last year we had Wilson, he is a principle now and helps with Jr. High. I think woods is the DC as he was last year.

Edited by Bronco94
Added the last year part

16 minutes ago, Coach Klien said:

I thought wooda qas db coach last 5 or 6 years. Either way my point is both offense and defense really need some help. I do not believe that we have played teams that have better talent. Not sure what else we can say.

I agree with most of that for sure, the QB coach is coach Cleveland, he is new. I think coach nations is gonna get the Broncos lined out from top to bottom. I also know what kind of players we have coming up, I still feel it's a great time to be a Bronco. Gonna be interesting to see what takes place this next week.

30 minutes ago, Bronco1983 said:

He is an intense coach.  He coached me as a kid.  He gives 100% in all he does not just football but in life.  So it has nothing to do with getting his arse handed to him. 

Have to disagree with you on that one - any coach worth his salt would be upset and over the edge while getting throttled. Winning has a more calming effect on the demure side of the  personality. I have no doubt he gives 100% though -  

12 hours ago, Coach Klien said:

Tex,

Did Nations actually call plays under Stewart, I know his title was OC but did he actually call the offense? Maybe some of the problem is just not being on the sideline or running a practice for five years? Dayton also doesn't have the elite talent Stew got to work with at times.

It took Brady Pennington three years of going 2-8, then 4-6 at New Caney before he got them back to the level he had Van. Now he has the hottest program in Montgomery County besides The Woodlands. Jim Holley was at KP beating an undefeated King with Trey Williams, now he's resource loaded at Porter with even more talent than he had at KP. Riordan needs 6 more wins for win #50 in his fifth year at Crosby. BH just broke the bank to bring in the most high profile coach in Texas. Different ballgame than five years ago. 

Tough sledding for Dayton's new coach, especially when all the other schools mentioned have rapidly climbing enrollments and plenty of resources. Friday night Dayton is going to see a school dedicated to trying to win against one that's dedicated the hometown guy/s. 

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Did Nations actually call plays under Stewart, I know his title was OC but did he actually call the offense? Maybe some of the problem is just not being on the sideline or running a practice for five years? Dayton also doesn't have the elite talent Stew got to work with at times.

It took Brady Pennington three years of going 2-8, then 4-6 at New Caney before he got them back to the level he had Van. Now he has the hottest program in Montgomery County besides The Woodlands. Jim Holley was at KP beating an undefeated King with Trey Williams, now he's resource loaded at Porter with even more talent than he had at KP. Riordan needs 6 more wins for win #50 in his fifth year at Crosby. BH just broke the bank to bring in the most high profile coach in Texas. Different ballgame than five years ago. 

Tough sledding for Dayton's new coach, especially when all the other schools mentioned have rapidly climbing enrollments and plenty of resources. Friday night Dayton is going to see a school dedicated to trying to win against one that's dedicated the hometown guy/s. 

Stew didn't have elite talent every year.  Now there were a few years where he had super kids but I graduated in 01 we didn't have super studs. 

10 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Have to disagree with you on that one - any coach worth his salt would be upset and over the edge while getting throttled. Winning has a more calming effect on the demure side of the  personality. I have no doubt he gives 100% though -  

We will just have to agree to disagree lol.  Freaking out in a tough situation only makes things worse.  Being in the military taught me that.  Staying calm during tough times help things a lot more than pulling your hair out in front of a bunch of  16 and 17 yr old kids.  Nations knows what he is doing he is a leader and he will work things out

2 hours ago, Bronco1983 said:

Stew didn't have elite talent every year.  Now there were a few years where he had super kids but I graduated in 01 we didn't have super studs. 

The years Stew had elite talent are the years he did his best work though. Dayton didn't have that kind of talent when you graduated and barely made the playoffs because of it, even though in the '00 season he still had kids like Lamar Mitchell on the roster. That was over 15 years ago, since then the game has changed. Dayton was notorious for playing kids both ways under Stewart, back then when it was mostly run-based offenses it worked. Crosby fans always complained that we didn't play kids both ways but "Dayton puts their best players on the field" and that's why we lost. They did it all the way down to the middle school level. What it did while you were winning with the studs is under-develop a whole generation of kids though.

Now the studs are gone and even though you have more kids playing there's not a bunch of football depth that I saw Friday night. My son played against Dayton's freshman team last year and I think I counted Dayton playing 18 kids total. The kids that are studs in 7th grade in Dayton are the same ones that they lean on in 12th grade, nobody ever emerges due to player development. For instance, Dayton's qb #8 would probably be a D1 level receiver in Crosby. #1 and #7 would also, instead he's just a big kid who runs soft and all his deficiencies are highlighted by the bad/predictable the play-calling.  

There might have been more winning going on at other schools in SETX but Stewart was the best coach in the area given his situation IMO. Now instead of the best coach in the area Dayton probably has the 5th best coach in the district to go with an enrollment that's getting left behind. I know it probably isn't a popular thing to say but with all the talented guys that were clamoring for the Dayton job this offseason it's amazing y'all ended up with the guy y'all did. As you can see with Porter and BH it doesn't take long for the right guy to turn it around, they're taking schools that have been missing the playoffs for several years and making them relevant. The guy Dayton hired is going to take a team that was already relevant with a 20+ year playoff streak and go the other way with it.        

2 hours ago, Bronco1983 said:

We will just have to agree to disagree lol.  Freaking out in a tough situation only makes things worse.  Being in the military taught me that.  Staying calm during tough times help things a lot more than pulling your hair out in front of a bunch of  16 and 17 yr old kids.  Nations knows what he is doing he is a leader and he will work things out

I agree with that. The language that Nations can be heard using on the sideline used to fly back in the day when they didn't let you drink water at practice. You say that stuff to these kids today and they feel like they have every right to use the same language back at you. There's also no endgame when you act like a tea pot from kickoff to closing whistle. It eventually becomes white noise, especially when the kids feel like they have options like other sports or just not playing in general.