Crockett 28 Coldspring-Oakhurst 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans looks to get on track tonight as they host the Crockett Bulldogs!  Mark Byrd's Trojans return to action after having last week off.  Their last action was 2 weeks ago against Liberty, a 25-21 loss which dropped the Trojans to 0-2 on the year.  Meanwhile, the Bulldogs ran their record to 4-0 last week with a 45-14 win over Madisonville.

Join Kraig Erwin and Elmer Luck for all of the action from Trojan Field in Coldspring beginning with the kickoff at 7:30 pm by tuning your radio to KETX 1440 AM or by clicking the following link:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojan Football on The Score, KETX 1440 AM and Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

Hello fellow sports writers and bloggers.  This Trojan Mojo checking in.  This will be a long year for the Trojans!!! :((.  I went to my 1st game of the season and for the 1st time ever since being a baby Trojan I left at halftime.  At that juncture in the game, we were down 12-0.  Coldspring has never looked this horrible as a team.  I am from Coldpsring not trashing my Trojans but being as real as I can be.  This is my synopsis of the team.

The natives are restless change must occur.  First, a change has to be made at QB.  The QB is too short and not mobile enough as past QB for the Trojans.  I am not about bashing any kid, but the QB could be utilized may in some 3rd down options.  Second, I saw that the offense line was not blocking for the run game.  I saw a lot of basic fundamental skills that were lacking which should have been addressed in 2 a days.  Second, the defense could not read the QB from Crockett at all.  The score should have been worse that it was a halftime, the receivers from Crockett just missed catching some balls.  The defense cannot stop the run.  The players are underclassmen so I am not going to bash these young men, that would be classless.  Third, the kids do not seem to have that Trojan Mojo, T-Dog mentality, or Do right attitude of pass Coldspring Trojans teams.  We had a couple of good runs that were negated by stupid penalties from the players losing their cool. 

I was very unimpressed with the part of the game, I saw last night.  The natives are restless in Trojanland, I guess we are spoiled by having such a winning tradition in Friday night lights.  Second, there seems to be a disconnect between the coaching staff and the fans.  For the 1st time in a long time, there were empty seats on the bleachers.  The Trojans games are usually standing room only, we are the small time version of Friday night lights (Odessa Permian style).  There could have been seats due to the fact we were having our local fair, but the overall morale of the fans there was low spirited.  I am going to support these young men regardless bc they do have a lot of pressure and hype to live up to. Third, change is not always good and that is all I can say on that matter.  The one morsel of hope I saw is that there are a lot of underclassmen on the team and they should be improved next year. 

Sorry for the long blog, just had a lot to say look forward to your input and engaging blogs as well.