and allegiance that is the result of 
This is the hidden content, please
 and 
. A patriot shows their patriotism through their 
, by their 

Chapter 391 is not about choice. In Chapter 391, the State mandates patriotic actions and displays. Our government should not dictate actions. The United States of America exists because people wanted to be 
 to choose. All of us should have free choice when it comes to patriotic displays... a 
 wisely acting within its bounds will earn loyalty and respect from its citizens. A government dare not demand the same.
There is much more to being a patriot and a citizen than reciting the pledge or raising a 
 Patriots serve. Patriots vote. Patriots attend meetings in their community. Patriots pay attention to the actions of government and speak out when needed. Patriots teach their children about our history, our precious democracy and about citizenship. Being an active, engaged citizen means being a patriotic American every day. No 
 will make a citizen a patriot.

- In response to his veto of a bill that would have required school students to recite the pledge of allegiance 

1 minute ago, Big girl said:

He has a constitutional right NOT to stand. I never stand or put my hand over my heart. I think it is stupid. I am not protesting anything. How many of you guys stand for the pledge when it is played before a sporting event when you are in the comfort of your homes. If the answer is " I dont", why don't you stand.

One the pledge is not said at sporting events, the national anthem is played.  and yes I do stand and reflect on what the flag stands for and for those who died for that flag.

that's fine don't stand, but kap is not standing because he is protesting something or bringing awareness to something.

Back to the opening post......is it creating more issues or helping the issue to be solved?

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

He has a constitutional right NOT to stand. I never stand or put my hand over my heart. I think it is stupid. I am not protesting anything. How many of you guys stand for the pledge when it is played before a sporting event when you are in the comfort of your homes. If the answer is " I dont", why don't you stand?

What is your reasoning for not honoring the flag?

8 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

One the pledge is not said at sporting events, the national anthem is played.  and yes I do stand and reflect on what the flag stands for and for those who died for that flag.

that's fine don't stand, but kap is not standing because he is protesting something or bringing awareness to something.

Back to the opening post......is it creating more issues or helping the issue to be solved?

My bad!!!. So you stand up for the national anthem when you are in your home. Yeah right. Kap is protesting something

8 hours ago, gohornets23 said:

I'm with Jesse Ventura

I believe 

comes from the heart. Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of 
 and allegiance that is the result of 
 and 
. A patriot shows their patriotism through their 
, by their 

Chapter 391 is not about choice. In Chapter 391, the State mandates patriotic actions and displays. Our government should not dictate actions. The United States of America exists because people wanted to be 
 to choose. All of us should have free choice when it comes to patriotic displays... a 
 wisely acting within its bounds will earn loyalty and respect from its citizens. A government dare not demand the same.
There is much more to being a patriot and a citizen than reciting the pledge or raising a 
 Patriots serve. Patriots vote. Patriots attend meetings in their community. Patriots pay attention to the actions of government and speak out when needed. Patriots teach their children about our history, our precious democracy and about citizenship. Being an active, engaged citizen means being a patriotic American every day. No 
 will make a citizen a patriot.

- In response to his veto of a bill that would have required school students to recite the pledge of allegiance 

I agree 

15 hours ago, Big girl said:

My bad!!!. So you stand up for the national anthem when you are in your home. Yeah right. Kap is protesting something

I don't stand for anthem when I am home for a couple of reasons.  I usually am not watching at that point in the game.  Additionally, when I am at home and watching the game,  I dont get out my  umbrella if it is raining at the game sight.  I also don't duck when I am watching rioters throw bricks when  watching that activity on the television.

9 hours ago, stevenash said:

I don't stand for anthem when I am home for a couple of reasons.  I usually am not watching at that point in the game.  Additionally, when I am at home and watching the game,  I dont get out my  umbrella if it is raining at the game sight.  I also don't duck when I am watching rioters throw bricks when  watching that activity on the television.

Do you stand when you are watching the game when the national anthem is played? It is about respect, right?

Guess its a matter of perspective.  When I am not a direct participant in an event, I deal with things differently.   I also did not salute or put my hand over my heart when I watched the bodies from Benghazi being unloaded from the airplane( yes, the time that Mrs. Clinton directly LIED to the parents of the slain) via television but you can rest assured I would have if I had been in their physical presence. 

2 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Guess its a matter of perspective.  When I am not a direct participant in an event, I deal with things differently.   I also did not salute or put my hand over my heart when I watched the bodies from Benghazi being unloaded from the airplane( yes, the time that Mrs. Clinton directly LIED to the parents of the slain) via television but you can rest assured I would have if I had been in their physical presence. 

Exactly, Big Girl is trying to make an issue out of something when there is no issue.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:10 PM, Big girl said:

Yes I do, but I don't watch many sporting events on tv or at least I don't catch the beginning of the game most of the time.  I have my reason why I do stand while at home...... 4 lil ones

I didn't say he wasn't protesting.  re read it.

On 9/25/2016 at 7:36 PM, stevenash said:

How bout all the soldiers that died in the two wars cheney started for halliburton. Cheney should be in jail.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:54 AM, Big girl said:

He has a constitutional right NOT to stand. I never stand or put my hand over my heart. I think it is stupid. I am not protesting anything. How many of you guys stand for the pledge when it is played before a sporting event when you are in the comfort of your homes. If the answer is " I dont", why don't you stand?

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

How bout all the soldiers that died in the two wars cheney started for halliburton. Cheney should be in jail.

Sounds like a low information voter to me.   Please let me know how Mr. Cheney single handedly authorized the war in Iraq.   Yes, I am talking about the one that Mrs. Clinton voted for.