Protesting during the anthem?

5GallonBucket

6 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

"Disgraced quarterback?"  In whose eyes? Gotta watch what you read from these reporters. But anyway, the bigger issue is that when Black voices raise in protest to oppression, yall who are comfortable  with our oppression are the first to criticize us because we speak out.

You fail to realize that there are numerous avenues open for you to have your voice "heard" without spitting on the grave of soldiers who died so that you might live.

Spend a week in jail and when you get out, tell me how bad you have it again.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Does rioting, arson, and looting fall under the heading of having your voice heard, especially when they are paid for by one of Hillary's richest supporters....Soros? Heard of him?

The 49ner quarterback is not looting. And those lives laying in graves killed by police matter too. But what you are really saying is that those lives don't matter.

8 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

The 49ner quarterback is not looting. And those lives laying in graves killed by police matter too. But what you are really saying is that those lives don't matter.

Dove- If the police shoot a bad guy and he happens to be black, is that automatically a hate crime?  Are guys like Michael Brown supposed to get a pass when they are doing the deeds that got them shot? Please read this article.  Looks to me like things are looking up and perhaps there isn't nearly the oppression that some like to suggest.

3 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

So the blm wasn't getting their voices "heard" by rioting, arson, and looting? 

Sorry for the ones who were killed needlessly, but the criminals who made the wrong move, I don't think they have to be fired upon to protect themselves.

Don't put words in my mouth. Typical lefty ploy.

Totally skipped the spitting on the grave of people who died for you and me question, and they weren't criminals.

On 10/25/2016 at 2:19 PM, baddog said:

So the blm wasn't getting their voices "heard" by rioting, arson, and looting? 

Sorry for the ones who were killed needlessly, but the criminals who made the wrong move, I don't think they have to be fired upon to protect themselves.

Don't put words in my mouth. Typical lefty ploy.

Totally skipped the spitting on the grave of people who died for you and me question, and they weren't criminals.

Blacks fought in wars returned home to very unpatriotic treatment and still stood for the anthem. Folks from the north had to fight folks from the south. Good thing that the south lost. When i see the confederate flag i say to myself. Good thing the south took an arse whipping from the north. Didnt respect blacks that went to war. But worried about respect now when someone kneels.

On October 24, 2016 at 3:54 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

This is the hidden content, please

...an ominous, frightening message??

Epitomizes the ACLU.  If they want to portray all the police as bad, I'd really like them to fill out a list of "good and bad".   Guess I'd be "bad" to those ultra left wing elitist, one parent folks (in lieu of the appropriate, but obscene word).

24 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Blacks fought in wars returned home to very unpatriotic treatment and still stood for the anthem. Folks from the north had to fight folks from the south. Good thing that the south lost. When i see the confederate flag i say to myself. Good thing the south took an arse whipping from the north. Didnt respect blacks that went to war. But worried about respect now when someone kneels.

Vietnam vets got lousy treatment too, but they stand and salute. You are not changing anything by kneeling. If anything, you are making it worse. Kneel around me and you will hear the anthem sung.

As usual, you answered none of the questions posed.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Vietnam vets got lousy treatment too, but they stand and salute. You are not changing anything by kneeling. If anything, you are making it worse. Kneel around me and you will hear the anthem sung.

I ve been saying this.

BLM and supporters like this "NEGATIVE" attention.  THey actually thinks it makes a difference.......show s the intellect of these inividuals.

Media attention is all there after.  Divide and conquer. 

Here is what Jim Brown, regarded by many as the greatest running back ever in the NFL had to say:

"I listened to him and he makes all the sense in the world. He's within his rights and he's telling the truth as he sees it," Brown explained. "I am with him 100 percent. ... Now if you ask me 'Would I do that?' No I won't, because I see it a little differently. I'm an American citizen, I pay my taxes, I want my equal rights but this is my country, and consequently I don't want to open up for ISIS or anybody that will take away what we've already gained."

When Brown arrived on the NFL scene in 1957, he fought for equal rights in a league that still limited the number and influence of African-American players.

"We had to fight in a certain kind of way to make it better," Brown said, "so these young people can make the kind of money they're making and the league can be 80 percent African American.

"Young men in my day really stepped up. ... These were champions for freedom, equality and justice for all humans beings, and they were educated individuals that used their education and knowledge to represent their case. So now 50 years later we have a young man saying something that was kind of taken for granted in our day. We were way past that. For me it's like going back in time."

8 hours ago, stevenash said:

Here is what Jim Brown, regarded by many as the greatest running back ever in the NFL had to say:

"I listened to him and he makes all the sense in the world. He's within his rights and he's telling the truth as he sees it," Brown explained. "I am with him 100 percent. ... Now if you ask me 'Would I do that?' No I won't, because I see it a little differently. I'm an American citizen, I pay my taxes, I want my equal rights but this is my country, and consequently I don't want to open up for ISIS or anybody that will take away what we've already gained."

When Brown arrived on the NFL scene in 1957, he fought for equal rights in a league that still limited the number and influence of African-American players.

"We had to fight in a certain kind of way to make it better," Brown said, "so these young people can make the kind of money they're making and the league can be 80 percent African American.

"Young men in my day really stepped up. ... These were champions for freedom, equality and justice for all humans beings, and they were educated individuals that used their education and knowledge to represent their case. So now 50 years later we have a young man saying something that was kind of taken for granted in our day. We were way past that. For me it's like going back in time."

Preach...if anyone's voice should carry weight on this...it's his.

20 hours ago, baddog said:

Are you comparing white vietnam vets to black vietnam vets. Did whites have to eat in the back room of restaurants are sit on the balcony at the movies. Thats jusy a couple of things.

On 10/25/2016 at 8:49 AM, BLUEDOVE3 said:

"Disgraced quarterback?"  In whose eyes? Gotta watch what you read from these reporters. But anyway, the bigger issue is that when Black voices raise in protest to oppression, yall who are comfortable  with our oppression are the first to criticize us because we speak out.

Last night I watched a program about John Carlos, Tommie Smith, and Peter Norman, the Aussie who took Silver in the 200 in '68 and was pretty much ostracized for the remainder of his life for wearing a button on the platform in support of Carlos' and Smith's cause.  Although they are mostly considered heros today, something tells me if this had happened in Rio last summer, they would have been criticized by many on this board...

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

Are you comparing white vietnam vets to black vietnam vets. Did whites have to eat in the back room of restaurants are sit on the balcony at the movies. Thats jusy a couple of things.

Of course you made the distinction, but no, all vets. When I was a kid and went to the movies, I liked the balcony so no one could hit me with popcorn or soft drinks.

You want everyone to be color blind, yet you always bring color into it. Wish you would make up your mind.

On 10/28/2016 at 7:31 AM, baddog said:

Of course you made the distinction, but no, all vets. When I was a kid and went to the movies, I liked the balcony so no one could hit me with popcorn or soft drinks.

You want everyone to be color blind, yet you always bring color into it. Wish you would make up your mind.

4 hours ago, new tobie said:

Sunday night at the end of the 4th quarter the Philadelphia qb will be taking a knee. Don't get offended, it will be to prevent running the score up on the cowgirls.

Wow, cowgirls, how original. Go up and call any of them a cowgirl to their face. Lmao

Since you brought it up, the Cowgirls ended the game taking a knee against kapernicus taking a knee to start it.

How much money you got big man with a big mouth? I am not offended by anything you have to say. I find you entertaining and redundant.

I was told a story by some of my elders that were in World War II.  I was told that the white soldiers that they fought side by side with treated prisoners of war better than they did them (black soldiers).  They ate better than they did.  They were respected more than they were.  The same flag that black and white soldiers died over didn't mean anything while they were in the military and really didn't matter when they were home.  Some were actually hung with their uniforms on.  It's stories many of us have heard over the years, and when they talk about it, it brings tears to their eyes.  How can I fight for a country than looks at me as less than human.  Yea, you guys say that's old news, get over it, - it happened so long ago - it wasn't that bad.  We've heard that for years, but history can't be erased, and that's a stain that will never go away as long as we stop downplaying the role racism, prejudice and unjustice has plagued the US.

5 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

I was told a story by some of my elders that were in World War II.  I was told that the white soldiers that they fought with treated prisoners of war better than they did their own (black) soldiers.  They ate better than they did.  They were respected more than they were.  The same flag that black and white soldiers died over didn't mean anything while they were in the military and really didn't matter when they were home.  Some were actually hung with their uniforms on.  It's stories many of us have heard over they years, and when they talk about it, it brings tears to their eyes.  How can I fight for a country than looks at me as less than human.  Yea, you guys say that's old news, get over it, - it happened so long ago - it wasn't that bad.  We've heard that for years, but history can't be erased, and that's a stain that will never go away as long as we stop downplaying the role racism, prejudice and unjustice has plagued the US.

What, if anything, are you doing to help the situation,,,,,not standing for the flag? That'll show 'em.

I respect every soldier who fought and/or died for this country......especially those that died. They are what I think of when I hear the anthem and salute the flag. If not for the storming of the beaches at Normandy, black and white alike being slaughtered by the thousands, we would not be here to discuss it.