BH Vs Kingwood Park

BHFAN

Ok, so we are 3 weeks in and still don't have a good idea of where BH stands in this district. BH beats Vidor and Santa Fe and both of these teams are doing well despite their lopsided loss to BH. Kingwood Park a preseason potential playoff team has hit rock bottom and sitting at 0-3, so even after this week the picture will not be getting much clearer for the Eagles. I'm glad we got to go against a team as talented as Crosby is and believe it will make us better going forward, but how much better? I think this could be another lopsided win for the Eagles this week and see them winning by 3 TD's.

Crosby game, I knew we were going to struggle, but NC is beatable. I wasnt imprssed with them last year when they beat BH. BH had a bunch of turnovers, but as far as athlete's,  they didn't impress me. Splendora is unknown, but they may have exposed Dayton, not sure yet. We should beat KWP by atleast 2-3 TD's.

1 minute ago, TradenupBH said:

It's hard to predict when your dealing with HS kids.

I agree, but after watching KP last week, the game should not be close. Who knows though, they may change their offense and try and run the ball to eat up clock. Against us, they never did. We got a good lead early and they tried to get back in the game passing and were not effective.

16 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

I agree, but after watching KP last week, the game should not be close. Who knows though, they may change their offense and try and run the ball to eat up clock. Against us, they never did. We got a good lead early and they tried to get back in the game passing and were not effective.

One of their coaches lives over here and mentioned they were going to have a Sophomore QB this, so I figured they might struggle a little. My thinking is if we can beat KP, Caney Creek, Porter, Humble, and win atleast one from either NC, Splendora, or Dayton then we should be good. 5-3 district record probably gets you in, and who knows what can happen then. Problem with D2 #2 is you get PNG most likely.

3 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

One of their coaches lives over here and mentioned they were going to have a Sophomore QB this, so I figured they might struggle a little. My thinking is if we can beat KP, Caney Creek, Porter, Humble, and win atleast one from either NC, Splendora, or Dayton then we should be good. 5-3 district record probably gets you in, and who knows what can happen then. Problem with D2 #2 is you get PNG most likely.

To me that was one of KP's problem against us. They played two QB's. Neither got in a comfotable groove. They were also smaller on both lines than I remember them being in the past. I agree, 5-3 and you should get in. For us, we are likely going D1 unless we find a way to beat Crosby head to head and not lose to anyone else which would mean PAM first round most likely.

I don't think anyone will hang with Crosby this year in district IMO. Defensively they seem much better this year and once they get their QB healthy the offense will just get better. Although if anyone has a shot at them it would have to be NC.  For BH we will need to continue to improve our lines and when going up against the athleticism  of a team like Crosby find ways to get the ball to #10 more :)

I think BH stomps a gas pocket in KP this week, which is sad because Crosby really needed KP to be good this year. I don't think BH gives KP any break at all, anything closer than 3 tds and I would be surprised. I think BH is a lot like NC where their coaches are trying to build swagger, if they get a chance to put a number on you they probably will.

Looks like BH made the right hire, Westeberg just needs a few more playmakers like Langelier. I will now be cheering for Humble instead of against BH.  

29 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I don't think anyone will hang with Crosby this year in district IMO. Defensively they seem much better this year and once they get their QB healthy the offense will just get better. Although if anyone has a shot at them it would have to be NC.  For BH we will need to continue to improve our lines and when going up against the athleticism  of a team like Crosby find ways to get the ball to #10 more :)

For some reason, we kept kicking to #10 even after he ran one back.  BH shouldn't have done the fake punts and onside kicks against Sante Fe.  Crosby had film on that. 

38 minutes ago, CCRed said:

For some reason, we kept kicking to #10 even after he ran one back.  BH shouldn't have done the fake punts and onside kicks against Sante Fe.  Crosby had film on that. 

You know I haven't figured out if that is a fake punt call or if the punter is always given the option. meaning he does that running punt thing and if he sees the other team backing away take it up field. The first time against SF it was a good decision and ended up in a TD the second attempt didn't fair well. As far as kicking to #10 I was wondering the same thing during the game :) 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

You know I haven't figured out if that is a fake punt call or if the punter is always given the option. meaning he does that running punt thing and if he sees the other team backing away take it up field. The first time against SF it was a good decision and ended up in a TD the second attempt didn't fair well. As far as kicking to #10 I was wondering the same thing during the game :) 

He has the option 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

The only thing I can figure out is that we needed special teams practice. Otherwise it's a little concerning not to be able to directional kick on the varsity level. Probably could've kicked to the guys on the front row and gave up less return yards.

2 hours ago, KPFan said:

"Rough night coach.  You lost the game.  You lost your team.  And you lost your support."

Yeah, that parent pretty much summed it up ........

Tough to envision KP beating anybody other than Porter and Caney Creek this year. For whatever reason Crosby always seemed to have trouble with Kingwood Park, especially at Turner. Before the season I would've said KP is probably the only other playoff lock besides Crosby but they seem to be going backward under the new regime, I figured at least the offense would be potent after some of the flashes they showed last year.

25 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The only thing I can figure out is that we needed special teams practice. Otherwise it's a little concerning not to be able to directional kick on the varsity level. Probably could've kicked to the guys on the front row and gave up less return yards.

The way yall defense was playing he may have just wanted to show his special teams that he had confidence in them. if the game would have been a little closer probably would have start pouch kicking it :)