Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

14 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

Your wrong bud,it was posted in the group,one of the other players mom seen it and didn't agree so she screen shot it and that's how it started...not sure who first put it on Twitter thoughthough

No bud, you're wrong. One of the players is friends with a WOS student (not sure if on team at WOS, former BC student) and he sent it to him and then it was forwarded to "unintended" target. Just to clarify. Don't know where you got that information.

It's definitely put a damper on my enthusiasm... We've been looking forward to this test since it was first mentioned last year.  Praying for an injury-free, clean game for both squads. If we can hang around we have a chance.  We've just got to keep the Stangs out of the endzone and take our sweet time getting there ourselves.  Sounds easy enough, huh?

Go Cards!

3 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

No you misunderstood my point, it has nothing to do with football.  I understand both communities are hurting and if you knew me you would know it hurts me as well.  The decisions that kId made  are almost unforgive able as far I am concerned.  You can cancel BC whole year I don't give a crap.  I just don't blame the football program for his actions if he truly acted alone and that's a big IF.  The person that should be held responsible is that young man and who ever is responsible for putting them thoughts in his head or lead him to believe that was acceptable.  Him, his parents and whatever presence he has in his life that planted that behavior is responsible for the pain caused to that young man, his family and both communities.  I agree with you it should be a hate crime and there is no discipline the school or football program can provide that will provide the justice needed to the victims.  It's the parents responsibility to raise our children and be held accountable for their actions when they fail.  My point is that  you can punish the football program and the kids not involved with this all you want but until the mic is handed to that young man AND his parents for accountability then we are just diffusing the responsibility.

Have you also considered that maybe his WHOLE environment may have gave the perps the comfort level to act out in this manner? And his environment goes well beyond his home.

54 minutes ago, oldage football said:

school board policy overrides any decision by a head coach

Dubois should kick the kid off of the team (if he hasn't already) then dare the board to reinstate him. If the board wants to accept the behavior, then let them take the heat. Until then, Dubois is responsible if that kid ever steps foot on the field again. 

3 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Wow, can you imagine how it would have been handled if the incident had not gotten out?

Well, let's compare to how Vidor handled a similar situation last year.  One of their starting lineman made several racial remarks laced with vulgar profanity toward one of our black players in Lumberton.  Matthews called and apologized to our player.  The player issued an apology on social media.  Then, if I'm not mistaken, he walked out on the field as a team captain for the coin toss and started and played the entire game.  You tell me if that incident was handled better or worse than this one.  At least Dubois is doing "something".  Is it enough?  Probably not.

He is doing what he think is appropriate, everyone's opinion doesn't matter. He is doing "something" though and eyes are on him and the board, to ensure things are handled appropriately. I hope it is a brutal punishment, a couple games and some school time off seems appropriate to me. You know coach is gonna have these boys running for days, well I'd like to think so anyway assuming they get to play another down. 

4 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Good luck to both teams and I hope it's injury free. Visitor side of BC is not very big. I'm hearing that there will be LCM fans going to this game to support the Mustangs better get there early!

I'm expecting shoulder to shoulder on both sides. Gonna be a great game no matter the outcome! 

Let us be mindful of what we speak, we don't want to fuel any kid to go out in this game seeking revenge. We don't need any innocent person hurt for actions of others. This thread is a hurtful thread now, and its taking away from what sounded like a exciting game. Let's try to get back to the game if possible. Just my thoughts.

1 hour ago, wosfan1992 said:

Its gameday. Despite the issues that are going on, I wanna see this thread back to the game. I still look forward to this being a good game esepcially in the 1st quarter, but we will take off and turn it up a notch. Go get em Stangs!!

Me too !! 

1 hour ago, Scatright said:

Dubois should kick the kid off of the team (if he hasn't already) then dare the board to reinstate him. If the board wants to accept the behavior, then let them take the heat. Until then, Dubois is responsible if that kid ever steps foot on the field again. 

Example from personal experience:

I once tried to remove a kid on one of my teams for using drugs. (failed a drug test)  My athletic director told me that I could not remove him from the team due to athletic handbook and school policy.  FYI

BUT I handled it in my own way and the result that I originally seeked came to fruition.

1 hour ago, LCM17 said:

Good luck to both teams and I hope it's injury free. Visitor side of BC is not very big. I'm hearing that there will be LCM fans going to this game to support the Mustangs better get there early!

What time should one arrive to get a few seats on the visitor side?

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's definitely put a damper on my enthusiasm... We've been looking forward to this test since it was first mentioned last year.  Praying for an injury-free, clean game for both squads. If we can hang around we have a chance.  We've just got to keep the Stangs out of the endzone and take our sweet time getting there ourselves.  Sounds easy enough, huh?

Go Cards!

Well, I like the injury free part. As far as keeping the 'Stangs out of the endzone, good luck with that! haha

11 hours ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Until these sort of acts are Strictly addressed, they will be repeated. In my opinion this borders a Hate Crime to me. If All home games the remainder of the year were players only, the District would feel the pinch and Ensure this sort of heinous act never happens again. This sort of vile behavior must be condemned and exposed for what it is; HATE.  You say the community shouldn't suffer, well I have news for you, both Communities are already suffering. What planet do you live on?? That one kid has stirred up the not so hidden Ugly Side of SETX that made me glad I moved away to go to College. I'm not sure you understand your opening statements, but seems to me that you're concerned more about Football than what damage this has done not only to the WOS kid, but to the Entire SETXcommunity. Yes, that's how deep HATE cuts.  As for the people that liked your comments, I guess they see this as a Football thing that can be solved on the field. SMH

Praying for both families & communities.

#MustDoBetter

Hate Crime? Not hardly. Disrespectful? Most certainly.

1 hour ago, LCM17 said:

Yeah, BC, LCM, OF, H-F, Anahuac, all of them have small visitor side stands. And, LCM is particularly irritating. I was busy one Friday, and barely could make the game. It was the end of the 3rd quarter and those LCM people were still manning the ticket booth. Seriously?

3 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Id say when the kids start warming up lol. I'd Also like to see WOS keep the starters in  for a total of 4 quarters 

I would like nothing more then to see the score go 70-0 wos but smart football is what were all about. when the lead is overwhelming you pull your key players out to preserve them and to try and keep them healthy.