No indictment..........

tvc184

• 3 months later...

I know a person that was a witness to this incident and gave a statement to the police.

Like him, I don't know the officer, the deceased or any other person involved. 

He said that the deceased definitely had a baseball bat and several times the off duty officer told him to drop the bat. The deceased did not and was shot.

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

I know a person that was a witness to this incident and gave a statement to the police.

He said that the deceased definitely had a baseball bat and several times the off duty officer told him to drop the bat. The deceased did not and was shot.

Sad for all involved, including the officer, who many forget what a traumatic experience it is for most of them.

19 hours ago, tvc184 said:

The Facebook comments are off the chain. One person said the DA told them the bat ended up back in the trunk and no one knew how it got back there. So many conflicting and stupid statements. I have not said much on Facebook because a good friend really believes some of his friends that claimed to be there. 

5 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

The Facebook comments are off the chain. One person said the DA told them the bat ended up back in the trunk and no one knew how it got back there. So many conflicting and stupid statements. I have not said much on Facebook because a good friend really believes some of his friends that claimed to be there. 

I met with a friend/partner right after he shot and killed a person on duty. Like this officer, it was his second. He ran it down to me blow by blow. It was not even debatable on being a lawful use of deadly force. But..... there was very clear video from two police cars. This is one case of it being very clear what happened and the deceased caused his own death. He lunged at an officer and grabbed a handgun that was in another officer's hands. The suspect had just pulled an aggravated robbery/car jacking and cut a victim. After he grabbed the officer's gun he began fighting over it and you can clearly see that he was about to get control (not that it matters in my opinion). My partner used a Taser on the guy and it did not work. The suspect got control over the officer's handgun and got off a single shot at my partner before he was then shot several times. None of it is open to debate. I could tell you no details and you could just watch the video and render a verdict in about 5 seconds.

However.... the facebook comments were all over the place. He shot him because he was Hispanic, the officer shot him in the back seat of his patrol unit because he was being rude, the officer grabbed a gun instead of a Taser and accidentally shot the guy, etc.

All of it is nonsense. It is very unfortunate for the family but they were shown the video by the DA. I am sure there is still plenty of friends and family that thinks it was wrong and was a cover up. People let emotions and friendships or family ties get in the way of facts.

I wish they would show the video on the news or put it out on the internet even two years later.