Kaepernick and the anthem

He can always leave....,

He was born to a young white mother and a black father who was out of the picture before he was born.  He was adopted and raised by a white couple.  He makes $19 million a year.  How was he ever oppressed by anyone other than his black father who ditched him before he was born?

20 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

He can always leave....,

He was born to a young white mother and a black father who was out of the picture before he was born.  He was adopted and raised by a white couple.  He makes $19 million a year.  How was he ever oppressed by anyone other than his black father who ditched him before he was born?

I read that his father left and his mother died of an overdose. He was adopted and raised by a white couple, as you said. What a POS!

37 minutes ago, baddog said:

Kaepernick converted to Islam during the off season. We know those peace loving muslims hate America.

Muslims hate Americans.  Blacks are Americans.  Kaepernick now a Muslim.  Therefore, is it safe to assume he now hates African-Americans.  He says he stood because of racial oppression, got my doubts now.

His basic reason for not standing are his views of the treatment of blacks by law enforcement.  The black community gives off the perception of not having any fault in the problems we are seeing.  But, when you teach your children at an early age to not respect and to automatically be wary of law enforcement, bad things will happen.  I know there are some rogue cops, but not in every incident.  So Kaepernick and these other athletes that are talking about change, need to take some of their millions and start working on an education process in the homes within the black community.  Most problems in society, regardless of race, start at home.    

I still think his actions are more centered around his conversion to Islam.  And as stated by others, a real pos.           

Here's my opinion on this. He is saying he is protesting the violence against blacks in this country. I am not a racist person. The problem with this country is the disrespect of law enforcement. I don't care what the color of skin is there are numerous idiots who disrespect the law. Our police officers risk their lives everyday dealing with idiots. Yea, we people that work in the refinery business put our lives in danger every day also but it's not the same. We can control most situations that come about because of technology now days. These officers go out to uncontrolled environments and have no clue as to what they are about to get involved in. If you are a licensed hand user and someone confronted you and put his hand in his pocket. What would you do? These cops go into life threatening situations and want to get back to their families alive. The problem is, take care of your child at home and he want get in a situation that the cops need to be called and may have to pull a gun on them.!!!

7 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

Here's my opinion on this. He is saying he is protesting the violence against blacks in this country. I am not a racist person. The problem with this country is the disrespect of law enforcement. I don't care what the color of skin is there are numerous idiots who disrespect the law. Our police officers risk their lives everyday dealing with idiots. Yea, we people that work in the refinery business put our lives in danger every day also but it's not the same. We can control most situations that come about because of technology now days. These officers go out to uncontrolled environments and have no clue as to what they are about to get involved in. If you are a licensed hand user and someone confronted you and put his hand in his pocket. What would you do? These cops go into life threatening situations and want to get back to their families alive. The problem is, take care of your child at home and he want get in a situation that the cops need to be called and may have to pull a gun on them.!!!

Bingo!!!!  Instead of teaching them distrust and being disrespectful toward cops.

On August 30, 2016 at 8:29 PM, Coach85 said:

My parents did a great job raising me but I was pulled over once on high school for being quote "looking like I couldn't afford this BMW" the cop verbal abused me and then told me he'd use authorized force if me and black friend didn't get out of the car. To which we obliged. He then proceeded to pat us down and interrogate us on whether or not we had "illegal narcotics or marijuana on us". The point being is how you are raised can't always save you from being put into un favorable situations. 

23 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

This is the hidden content, please

Another reason he is a douchebag POS

I wonder why we are even discussing this guy and his political views. He's a freakin football player on a team that doesn't even want him. Maybe he'll get cut and have something to cry about. Just another in a long list of crybabies.

I got stopped one morning coming out of my neighborhood because I was driving a Tundra and there had been a rash of burglaries and thefts. I was asked if the truck was mine because I could have been stealing it. Guess I didn't fit the description of a Tundra owner. Cop scanned my windshield sticker and everything checked out. I was inconvenienced and running late, but I was glad he was doing his job. Everything depends on attitude.....and I told the whole story.

Should I call Kaepernick and tell him how oppressed I felt....LOL!