Bellaire Episcopal 58 Beaumont Ozen 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 minutes ago, 409ANALYST said:

I understand that the coach has only been with his kids for only a few weeks.  So playing a team that was stacked like that didn't make much sense.   A few posts on this site have talked around the subject of why Ozen is 5A but should be 4A.  Who made the decision for them to stay 5A?  Was is Suggs?  Was it the AD?  If so why?  My coworker told me that the BISD petitioned for them to stay 5A and that Ozen actually has 4A numbers.  Sounds like those kids over there are getting a raw deal.  And it seems like no one wants to stand up for the kids, but if it was a coach not getting the job done, everyone would be putting their 2 cents in to get rid of him.  smh

Good point but from what I last heard is that Ozen turned in 5A numbers.  They were just above the cut.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

13 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Just a question, I know Ozen has only been around for about 15 years, but with the Hebert alumni, why is the fan support so low for a season opener with a new coach at your home stadium?

Fans are probably fed up with the product that has been put on the field the past few years.  The coaching carousel...etc.  A fan base won't return until the team starts winning.  It's going to be a tough job for their new coach.  It's going to be tough keeping the kids motivated and getting fan support.

57 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Good point but from what I last heard is that Ozen turned in 5A numbers.  They were just above the cut.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

I don't think the school district has an option. Whatever their numbers are, place them in what size school they are, and that is the end of it. Am I wrong?

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

Just a question, I know Ozen has only been around for about 15 years, but with the Hebert alumni, why is the fan support so low for a season opener with a new coach at your home stadium?

In my honest opinion I think many of old Hebert alumni feel it's not the same tradition as it was when they were at Hebert. Winning would drive a lot of people to the game as well. Many of the kids that attend other schools should be attending Ozen and last but not least 11 am game kept many people home. 

2 hours ago, 409ANALYST said:

I understand that the coach has only been with his kids for only a few weeks.  So playing a team that was stacked like that didn't make much sense.   A few posts on this site have talked around the subject of why Ozen is 5A but should be 4A.  Who made the decision for them to stay 5A?  Was is Suggs?  Was it the AD?  If so why?  My coworker told me that the BISD petitioned for them to stay 5A and that Ozen actually has 4A numbers.  Sounds like those kids over there are getting a raw deal.  And it seems like no one wants to stand up for the kids, but if it was a coach not getting the job done, everyone would be putting their 2 cents in to get rid of him.  smh

If they turned in 5A numbers why would they drop to 4A? 

Yes the numbers have a lot to do with it . But we are talkin about district along with some others who did not want Ozen open in the first place. As ive said there is no reason for kids who live in the area to be bused way across town when they live in the neighborhood the zoning is all messed up. As far for football they keep hiring guys who in come with no plan whatsoever and these kids arent going to play for coaches like that. These last 3-4 coaches couldve cared less, no discipline,lack of work ethic and uncaring attitude from the Head Coach will get you beat and it trickles down the kids.  These days Kids are the biggest recruiters not coaches and they will go wherever their best friend goes. You have to go to the middle schools and establish relationships with parents and kids do your JOB early when their in 6th or 7th grade, hold camps ,invite them to the games etc etc ...As far a fans the ONLY faithful fans ive seen in Beaumont are WB fans , Central fans leave at halftime if their losing so how is that support. Coach Taylor has the support from those who believe in him and thats all matters. Im a sure once he turns it around some will show but thats life you wont pay to see the Cowboys lose games same applies to any other sports regardless of the age. 

Ozen turned in lower numbers to the media (4a numbers ), which was different than what was turned in to UIL (5a numbers) .  So now, they are 5a, a small 5a, but 5a nonetheless...  Ozen ran into a buzzsaw in Episcopal...  They'll be competitive in district though...  But they'll take on the chin to WB next week....

Typically, Ozen has taken some arse whippings early playing powerhouses they don't need to play.  A few years ago, they played a Cedar Hill team who they got beat to a pulp (while their best player missed the game to rendezvous with the University of Texas , another story another day), which Cedar Hill ended up winning state.  

Now this year, they went up against a juggernaut I'm Episcopal.  Better scheduling needs to be done for those kids.  They'll compete in their district.  Maybe West Brook or Memorial would've been a better challenge for Episcopal.  Maybe Ozen would've matched up better with Deer Park, and maybe a better game for Memorial would've been West Brook if you would've invited them....

6 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Yes the numbers have a lot to do with it . But we are talkin about district along with some others who did not want Ozen open in the first place. As ive said there is no reason for kids who live in the area to be bused way across town when they live in the neighborhood the zoning is all messed up. As far for football they keep hiring guys who in come with no plan whatsoever and these kids arent going to play for coaches like that. These last 3-4 coaches couldve cared less, no discipline,lack of work ethic and uncaring attitude from the Head Coach will get you beat and it trickles down the kids.  These days Kids are the biggest recruiters not coaches and they will go wherever their best friend goes. You have to go to the middle schools and establish relationships with parents and kids do your JOB early when their in 6th or 7th grade, hold camps ,invite them to the games etc etc ...As far a fans the ONLY faithful fans ive seen in Beaumont are WB fans , Central fans leave at halftime if their losing so how is that support. Coach Taylor has the support from those who believe in him and thats all matters. Im a sure once he turns it around some will show but thats life you wont pay to see the Cowboys lose games same applies to any other sports regardless of the age. 

Is Arthur Louis still out there lol...They should have kept him, he had Ozen going in the right direction from the get go, and they probably would have been the top program in Beaumont and one of the best in SETX if he was still there right now..Coach Louis had big connects throughout Beaumont. The kids loved him as well as the parents, and he had relationships with all the coaches as well. He woulda had all the kids from South Beaumont as well as a few coming in from the west end ...

32 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

So now Ozen faithful blaming school district for having losing seasons? 

Im sure you dont live here so i dont expect you to understand all of the ins and outs. No one is blaming anyone but sometimes it is what it is. Im a believer if you suit up you gotta go play regardless,but you cant ignore certain things which is why you start at the root of the problem which was some of those in charge. 

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Typically, Ozen has taken some arse whippings early playing powerhouses they don't need to play.  A few years ago, they played a Cedar Hill team who they got beat to a pulp (while their best player missed the game to rendezvous with the University of Texas , another story another day), which Cedar Hill ended up winning state.  

Now this year, they went up against a juggernaut I'm Episcopal.  Better scheduling needs to be done for those kids.  They'll compete in their district.  Maybe West Brook or Memorial would've been a better challenge for Episcopal.  Maybe Ozen would've matched up better with Deer Park, and maybe a better game for Memorial would've been West Brook if you would've invited them....

Soldier i agree but how does that make you better,should they have played Warren and possibly blew them out . Should Nederland have not played WOS . Somebody gotta lose you just hope it isn't smash style lol... Theyll be ok it will take time to rebuild the mess the other coaches created . Winning cures everything but it has get worse before it gets better. 

..but for a team that's been losing for a while, a team with a new coach that's trying to get participation and confidence up, you'd put them I'm a situation to compete to win.  Nederland is nowhere near the same situation that Ozen is in, so not a good comparison.  Ozen will compete in this district because I can name like 4 teams that they can beat.  But having them play Episcopal, then backdoor with West Brook, you better hope that non of those kids quit or worse.  Hell, the fans didn't even show up for the SATURDAY season opener, so I assume they've already given up.  That's what I'm saying.  You just don't need that.

Episcopal was a terrible match up for Ozen. PAM would have been a better match up for those guys but in the end, Episcopal dominates any of the other teams at Classic other than maybe Bishop Dunne.

Ozen was the weakest team of the six and maybe should play a Baytown Sterling, New Caney, Humble, or Barbers Hill type team to start season. Not a juggernaut like Episcopal.

Just my two cents

33 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Is Arthur Louis still out there lol...They should have kept him, he had Ozen going in the right direction from the get go, and they probably would have been the top program in Beaumont and one of the best in SETX if he was still there right now..Coach Louis had big connects throughout Beaumont. The kids loved him as well as the parents, and he had relationships with all the coaches as well. He woulda had all the kids from South Beaumont as well as a few coming in from the west end ...

He couldn't beat Nederland nor PN-G when he had talent.  The best coach was Brooks, then Nelson.  That's it, that's the list.....

Looking at the district map, I see 3 problem areas.......

Fehl/Price should be zoned away from Marshall MS

Caldwood zoning should be split between Marshall and Odem

Pegasus program should be removed from Odem and possibly have it's own building

Ironing these items out will go a long way to boosting Ozen's numbers

56 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

He couldn't beat Nederland nor PN-G when he had talent.  The best coach was Brooks, then Nelson.  That's it, that's the list.....

Only reason I didn't say Brooks was he was there so short (3yrs). But Brooks was a good coach and had Ozen on a roll, they messed up by letting either one go. I still like Louis though, he could get talent to Ozen, no doubt + back then it wasn't to many teams beating Nederland or P.N.G, + Louis made the playoffs every year and had 2 district titles in 5 seasons , with a new school. They were on there way Imo 

my list 

1.Louis

2. Brooks

3. Nelson 

27 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Only reason I didn't say Brooks was he was there so short (3yrs). But Brooks was a good coach and had Ozen on a roll, they messed up by letting either one go. I still like Louis though, he could get talent to Ozen, no doubt + back then it wasn't to many teams beating Nederland or P.N.G, + Louis made the playoffs every year and had 2 district titles in 5 seasons , with a new school. They were on there way Imo 

my list 

1.Louis

2. Brooks

3. Nelson 

Brooks was 5-1 against MC while Lewis was 0-7.  The killing part was in February, there would be no D-1s down there while AL was putting out 6-9 at a time......