*****Newton @ silsbee*****

GATA!

13 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Wow... My two least favorite teams. It's hard to pick who I want to lose next week, but I expect Silsbee to. I think the Eagles are just playing better FB at this stage of the game, and that will be enough to beat the (paper) Tigers.  

The Tigers should gel before District play starts... It just doesn't seem like that is happening yet. It is important to point out how Silsbee Fan has changed his tune from "great things this year... We're going to be playing in December" to "we only ran three plays" and "we should be throwing the ball more to what's left of the Best Receiving Corp in Southeast Texas."

We will still beat the Hell out of Bridge City 

Lots of Silsbee haters on this board. They will get better and make a deep run in the playoffs. I'd rather play a opener vs PNG vs playing some small school or weak HISD school and beating them by 50. PNG should be a playoff team this year. Silsbee has a lot of work to do but I can promise you they will get it together and be fine. PNG did dominate up front. We need Willie Jones III and Kaylon Barnes to be on the same page and more pass plays called. It takes time. 

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Lots of Silsbee haters on this board. They will get better and make a deep run in the playoffs. I'd rather play a opener vs PNG vs playing some small school or weak HISD school and beating them by 50. PNG should be a playoff team this year. Silsbee has a lot of work to do but I can promise you they will get it together and be fine. PNG did dominate up front. We need Willie Jones III and Kaylon Barnes to be on the same page and more pass plays called. It takes time. 

Trash talk is what it is.. Silsbee will be in the hunt. Your right about playing legit teams. Newton also meets Bridge City in the future and can't wait for that rematch. This is what preseason is about. Get the bugs out and be ready when they count. Silsbee,  Jasper have often been slow to get rolling. Newton was slow last couple years. They getting off to a better start so far and playing good teams. We are all pulling for our local teams once the playoffs get rolling. Some who do the trash talk haven't seen a Championship team at their school since the 60s.. if you get my drift..

7 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Pound for pound Newton is probably better...but it is a huge jump from 3A-D2 to 4A D-1. Silsbee takes this one.

franklin beat navasota so im sure it isnt that big of a jump. newton beat my stangs a couple years ago. dont let the classification fool you at all. 

20 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Silsbee boys are big on the lines but it doesn't matter. They're super soft. Tissue soft. Just watched PNG eat them alive. Granted the stat sheet says that #4 did well against PNG, they were pushed around on both sides of the ball by smaller PNG lineman. Also having only one legitimate weapon doesn't help them. If you cue on the RB they are done. If they have good receivers they don't trust that the Qb can get the ball to them throwing 5 times in a blowout loss.

Like I said before the season, 6-4 at best, probably 5-5. All the talent can't overcome the loss of an entire offensive line.

The refs tried to help bc as much as they could last year but Silsbee still hung 62 points on them and beat bc until our defense comes around we will just try to outscore everyone like we did last year bc defense gave up 62points to Silsbee last year tIgers still have 3 receivers missing on offense 

9 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

The refs tried to help bc as much as they could last year but Silsbee still hung 62 points on them and beat bc until our defense comes around we will just try to outscore everyone like we did last year bc defense gave up 62points to Silsbee last year tIgers still have 3 receivers missing on offense 

im pretty positive silsbee wont put up 62 points on BC this year. 

On 8/27/2016 at 2:08 AM, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Silsbee boys are big on the lines but it doesn't matter. They're super soft. Tissue soft. Just watched PNG eat them alive. Granted the stat sheet says that #4 did well against PNG, they were pushed around on both sides of the ball by smaller PNG lineman. Also having only one legitimate weapon doesn't help them. If you cue on the RB they are done. If they have good receivers they don't trust that the Qb can get the ball to them throwing 5 times in a blowout loss.

PN-G had decent size in the trenches...  They wasn't smaller than Silsbee's, while your spewing incorrect info....  Smh

40 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

PN-G had decent size in the trenches...  They wasn't smaller than Silsbee's, while your spewing incorrect info....  Smh

What about it was that was untrue? That they were big and soft? That they gashed our defense with number 4? Or that they'd only had one weapon and threw the ball 5 times. Everything I said was said by at least 20 other people on here. 

17 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

What about it was that was untrue? That they were big and soft? That they gashed our defense with number 4? Or that they'd only had one weapon and threw the ball 5 times. Everything I said was said by at least 20 other people on here. 

Png won't win their district.