*****Newton @ silsbee*****

GATA!

Silsbee boys are big on the lines but it doesn't matter. They're super soft. Tissue soft. Just watched PNG eat them alive. Granted the stat sheet says that #4 did well against PNG, they were pushed around on both sides of the ball by smaller PNG lineman. Also having only one legitimate weapon doesn't help them. If you cue on the RB they are done. If they have good receivers they don't trust that the Qb can get the ball to them throwing 5 times in a blowout loss.

Silsbee''s coach is trying to work on a new offensive line now yes png beathe Silsbee pretty good but I knew this team wasnt ready and probably won't find their nitch until around district Navasota losing to a 3a school and Huffman losing tonight means if the tigers can get it together they have a chance win district its going to take the tigers some time to gel

6 hours ago, GATA! said:

Possibly a good game in the making?

Thoughts?

Wow... My two least favorite teams. It's hard to pick who I want to lose next week, but I expect Silsbee to. I think the Eagles are just playing better FB at this stage of the game, and that will be enough to beat the (paper) Tigers.  

The Tigers should gel before District play starts... It just doesn't seem like that is happening yet. It is important to point out how Silsbee Fan has changed his tune from "great things this year... We're going to be playing in December" to "we only ran three plays" and "we should be throwing the ball more to what's left of the Best Receiving Corp in Southeast Texas."

4 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Silsbee boys are big on the lines but it doesn't matter. They're super soft. Tissue soft. Just watched PNG eat them alive. Granted the stat sheet says that #4 did well against PNG, they were pushed around on both sides of the ball by smaller PNG lineman. Also having only one legitimate weapon doesn't help them. If you cue on the RB they are done. If they have good receivers they don't trust that the Qb can get the ball to them throwing 5 times in a blowout loss.

Spot on analysis.  Must be a football coach.  Those things were hard to notice.

4 hours ago, MBaller#1 said:

Silsbee''s coach is trying to work on a new offensive line now yes png beathe Silsbee pretty good but I knew this team wasnt ready and probably won't find their nitch until around district Navasota losing to a 3a school and Huffman losing tonight means if the tigers can get it together they have a chance win district its going to take the tigers some time to gel

It will be fine. 

25 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Hahaha

Newton will physically beat the brakes off Silsbee 

Maybe so. 

Every tough game allows for improvement.  If the Tigers weren't interested in improving they would schedule powder puff

teams, run their non-district to 4-0 and then get beat by district foes.

Im fine with the hard games.  The players need to learn to take these losses and improve.  One of the things we have lacked in the past.

jmo 

1 minute ago, Silsbee92 said:

Maybe so. 

Every tough game allows for improvement.  If the Tigers weren't interested in improving they would schedule powder puff

teams, run their non-district to 4-0 and then get beat by district foes.

Im fine with the hard games.  The players need to learn to take these losses and improve.  One of the things we have lacked in the past.

jmo 

I'm all for scheduling teams that make you better 

I also think Newton is a more physical team than Silsbee, who struggled against the run vs Lumberton and PNG

6 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

All that you said just proved yalls inability to stop the run despite a soft offensive line.

Anyway back on topic, hopefully Silsbee will bounce back. I still think Newton takes this one but I'm rooting for Silsbee

Looking forward to this match-up.  Please Mother Nature spare us from the H2O. I'm still ringing in my ears from them Big Horns Newton has from one of last year's games. Going with them Newton Eagles. Their Horn is Louder in this one. If you know what I mean. :)