Beaumont West Brook 33 Beaumont Central 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

Not going to bash anyone on here...

Jags need to put this one behind them and get ready for Katy Tompkins next week.  On the offense side of the ball...Jaguars didn't look bad when they dropped back to throw the ball late in the 4th.  Just need to mix in the pass more in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters to keep opposing defenses honest. Would have like to seen what the Junior could have done for about 2 series somewhere in the game at QB.  Running game is in good hands with #3, 21 & 28.  Online played fairly well, just needs to keep working and getting better.  I don't know much about the receiving core because they didn't really have too many opportunities to show what they can do.

The defense despite giving up 33 points played well.  2 of those TD's was aided by miscues in the punting game, giving the Bruins a short field to work with.  Secondary bit on the playaction a couple of times but didn't play too bad besides that.  The D-line was beasty early on and LB's did what they were supposed to do for the most part.  They kept a thousand yard back in check for most of the night.  

Kickoff, kick return, punt return and PAT did pretty good.  In my opinion, the 2 miscues on punting basically gave up the 14 points that was the difference in the game.

The potential is there to win the next 9 games and the district title.  Will it happen, that's to be seen...

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dang, Westbrook's starting qb only threw one incompletion: 

This is the hidden content, please

They used a 2 quarterback system most of the night.  If my memory serves me correct #15 the Junior threw for 2 TD's while #9 the sophomore ran for more TD's.  #9 was a little more athletic and able to pick up yardage with his feet.  Number #15 did throw an INT that's not listed.  They didn't just air it out all night but when they did, it was pretty accurate and completion.

Funny part, they got the kids name wrong too that scored all 3 TD's for the Jaguars...

4 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

They used a 2 quarterback system most of the night.  If my memory serves me correct #15 the Junior threw for 2 TD's while #9 the sophomore ran for more TD's.  #9 was a little more athletic and able to pick up yardage with his feet.  Number #15 did throw an INT that's not listed.  They didn't just air it out all night but when they did, it was pretty accurate and completion.

Funny part, they got the kids name wrong too that scored all 3 TD's for the Jaguars...

Had some family friends in attendance at the game that told me that WB could've scored more than they did. Is this true or are they watching the game through rose colored lenses?

7 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Had some family friends in attendance at the game that told me that WB could've scored more than they did. Is this true or are they watching the game through rose colored lenses?

Rose colored...2 fumbles by the Jaguars punter gave the Bruins the ball twice inside the Jaguars 30 in the 2nd half.  You can't put any defense in that situation continously.  The QB keepers and passing game was most affective for them in moving the ball.  The Jags were up 21-12 in the 3rd quarter before the wheels fell off, so I don't know how they figured that...

1 minute ago, Jag Insider said:

Rose colored...2 fumbles by the Jaguars punter gave the Bruins the ball twice inside the Jaguars 30.  You can't put any defense in that situation continously.  The QB keepers and passing game was most affective for them in moving the ball.  The Jags were up 21-12 in the 3rd quarter before the wheels fell off, so I don't know how they figured that...

Wasn't there Insider, figured I'd ask someone who was

3 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Looking at West Brooks schedule, they have the real possibility of starting the season off at 4-0 before district starts.

The Jaguars held #6 Denley to MAYBE 60 yards, Ozen won't do that.  He is a great back who may go for 200 next week...

Yeah, but once district starts, WB would be lucky if they went .500.