Bridge City 56 Hamshire-Fannett 15/FINAL

WOSgrad

Good win for the Cards. Cards drew first blood by returning the opening kickoff for a TD, but HF returned the favor. Their RB 24 was wrapped up and taken down, but somehow managed to roll off of our defender and break free for a long TD.  I'd also like to say that both teams seemed to play a clean game between the whistles. The Longhorns just seemed to be undersized and outmatched in this particular game, but they never gave up and had some good moments, particularly the play of their 24 as well as their mid-range passing attack. 

For us... The cards didn't play very disciplined football last night. It's the first game of the season, but we still had too many procedural penalties last night for a group that's this senior-heavy. It won't be as easy to make up those five-yard setbacks as the competition gets tougher. The RBs for BC have speed across the board. The score was 49-15 when the skilled positions on offense were benched before the end of the first half. Classy move by Coach Dubois, but I hope we have time to settle into a mid-season groove before that two week break in late September. 

Great start to what I expect to be a good season for the Cards. I felt like we needed a win like this over HF if we expect to contend for a playoff spot.