Hoover spending nearly $100,000 to play powerhouse Allen in Texas

D3zii

11 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Didn't the top ranked Alaska team also come down too last year and get whipped bad

Not sure, but I remember one going to Utah to play one of their top teams. They're more of a basketball state anyways (alaska), I wouldn't exactly say they had a "top team" if you know what I mean. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Not sure, but I remember one going to Utah to play one of their top teams. They're more of a basketball state anyways (alaska), I wouldn't exactly say they had a "top team" if you know what I mean. 

Yeah I def know what you mean. But it was 2014 Stephenville vs Anchorage. Yellow jackets put a butt whipping on them.

This is the hidden content, please

6 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Yeah I def know what you mean. But it was 2014 Stephenville vs Anchorage. Yellow jackets put a butt whipping on them.

Thx for jogging my memory, I bet they dont comeback down here for that again lol

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Thx for jogging my memory, I bet they dont comeback down here for that again lol

And don't forget when that top team from Washington 11x state champ from 2001-2013 Ballevue came an got beat by Katy a few years ago 

Last year, Venice beat Stephenville 37-8 & Allen beat Viera (7A state runner-up to St. Thomas Aquinas). In 2013, Venice beat Plano 35-21 and Stephenville beat Dillard 46-32. 2012, Booker T. Washington beat Cedar Hill 40-21. 2011, Cocoa beat Dallas Skyline 36-20. 2010 had quite a few. Looks like it's been pretty even between FL and TX.

4 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

Last year, Venice beat Stephenville 37-8 & Allen beat Viera (7A state runner-up to St. Thomas Aquinas). In 2013, Venice beat Plano 35-21 and Stephenville beat Dillard 46-32. 2012, Booker T. Washington beat Cedar Hill 40-21. 2011, Cocoa beat Dallas Skyline 36-20. 2010 had quite a few. Looks like it's been pretty even between FL and TX.

Get outta here Berry! Florida can't hold a candle.

4 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

Cocoa beat Abilene High in 2010, had a RB named Chevy Buie. He was a beast. 

12 hours ago, D3zii said:

Ain't to many top teams that come to Texas and win..The only one I can just think off was when Miami Northwestern came an Beat SLC in Dallas..(even though SLC didn't even make it out the 2nd round )

Miami Booker T Washington beat Cedar Hill in 2012... I think

9 minutes ago, Scatright said:

Florida has no where near the overall quality and depth of Texas. They might produce a better individual team occasionally, but to say they have the same type of football there that we do here is heresy!

Texas has roughly 7 million more people than Florida, so more depth shouldn't be anything surprising. The quality is very similar. I never said they have the same type of football. But the talent is equal. Call it heresy or whatever you want.