Newton 27 Kirbyville 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

11 minutes ago, WildcatBacker said:

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. I'm glad I wasn't able to make it to this game now. 

Defense made excellent adjustments at the half and really looked good in the 2nd half. Offense never got going. Newton defense is great. Kirbyville offense will have to step it up though and I believe they will.

2 minutes ago, Speedkills said:

Defense made excellent adjustments at the half and really looked good in the 2nd half. Offense never got going. Newton defense is great. Kirbyville offense will have to step it up though and I believe they will.

I'm just upset at the penalties and turnovers. I hate a game that is full of either, and this one had a lot of both...by both teams. A solid, clean game tonight by both sides would most likely have still led to a Newton win, but the 'what if' lost opportunities in a game like this one is just....very unsatisfying. Congrats to Newton on the win and good luck the rest of the way. Cats, let's clean this up and start doing what we know we can. 

3 minutes ago, Speedkills said:

Exactly!  Good job in 2nd half for the Kats defense. Offense needs work obviously, but I really think that it was just great defense by Newton. I don't even know where to start on the turnovers.... Geeeez

2 minutes ago, kcat-fan said:

Exactly!  Good job in 2nd half for the Kats defense. Offense needs work obviously, but I really think that it was just great defense by Newton. I don't even know where to start on the turnovers.... Geeeez

I really like Jackson at quarterback even considering how sloppy he played tonight I believe he will develop into a really good player at that position. I'm not happy with the lack of production on offense overall but newtons defense is no slouch. There are adjustments that can be made to fix the lack of offensive production by the wildcats. I look for Kirbyville to have a successful season.

I didn't expect a game between Newton and Kirbyville on a wet Friday night to be so boring. First game of the season, I get that, but it felt like a scrimmage. Both teams need to work on their O-line. Especially Kirbyville. Those boys were idling in granny gear all game. Mark it down as a learning experience, I guess. Best wishes for both teams moving forward.

1 hour ago, GATA! said:

Am I the only one who saw a Kat steal a Eagle wristband? , you know the ones with plays on it, ref had him pull it from his pants and give it back to the Eagle, ......it was hilarious!

Yea that happen, the story on Newton sports page . He tried to keep it I guess, Newton player wasn't having it . Charged the Kville huddle and demanded it back