Port Neches-Groves 54 Silsbee 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

I had the privilege of coaching Roshon when he was younger and I will say he is a great young man both on the field and off. He is something to watch when he gets in the open field. Biggest thing is he gets it done in the classroom and that will help him when the scouts really start looking at him. It will be interesting to see what he does in the future after last night but it looks bright. Wish I could see it instead of having to listen to it on live stream.

13 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

I had the privilege of coaching Roshon when he was younger and I will say he is a great young man both on the field and off. He is something to watch when he gets in the open field. Biggest thing is he gets it done in the classroom and that will help him when the scouts really start looking at him. It will be interesting to see what he does in the future after last night but it looks bright. Wish I could see it instead of having to listen to it on live stream.

Last night he was fun to watch

11 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

5 TOTAL TDS IN HIS FIRST GAME!!!!! The drive was worth it! DAMN IT WAS WORTH IT

11 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

5 TOTAL TDS IN HIS FIRST GAME!!!!! The drive was worth it! DAMN IT WAS WORTH IT

Yes Roschon did a great job last night but you have to give credit to his o-line because they were fighting in order for him to shine they have to do there job to remember they are a offensive team! Way to go Indians !! 

Several good points on the Tigers line play last night.  Just got pushed around. I do like the fact that we definitely seem like we are going to be more run oriented but hope we get more balance than we had in this one which should ease some of the pressure on the line just by spreading the defense out a bit more.  I must say before my next statement that we left at the beginning of the 4th qtr due to the rain and I missed our first possession.  But there have been comments about our penalties.  From the stats 5-50 yds. And from what I saw I thought we did pretty good on that especially for the first game.  I know there was an incident towards the end of the game with double personals and we had one facemask but overall a lot cleaner than several games in the past.  I can remember several games where we got multiple personals.  Hopefully the lack of those continues.  Fix our weaknesses and keep focusing on discipline and we will get there. I also liked the enthusiasm of our new DC on the int, celebrating our defensive play of the night.  

17 minutes ago, BASBALL MOM 09 said:

Yes Roschon did a great job last night but you have to give credit to his o-line because they were fighting in order for him to shine they have to do there job to remember they are a offensive team! Way to go Indians !! 

Teamwork makes the dream work

The Silsbee  O-line didn't do bad, the Indian defensive middle is tough. I said it before, it will be hard to run up the middle on us. As the game progressed they got lax and arm tackled, and with runners like Silsbee, if you do that you will have trouble. I was surprised Silsbee didn't test our corners more. They have us beat in height there for sure. Good to see Bost run some plays in. He is an all around athlete. Preston Riggs stepped into Sullivan's shoes last night and made some great catches. 

10 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wasnt a good night for maroon folk eh? 

no it was pretty much an ole fashion butt whoopen,i hear people say that tigers off line wasnt blocking or playing well,just maybe png def got after them and played better,jmo,they still have alot of work to do,theres really good teams coming up

4 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Your right Silsbee should have won with those numbers, but with a horrible defense they aren't gonna win anything! 

just wait until png off meets your team there gonna wreck shop on the train,png off is better than people think,dont blame def,s,off was just better tonight and it would have took a real good to shut them down,that rj will have coaches pulling there hair out,watch,

2 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

just wait until png off meets your team there gonna wreck shop on the train,png off is better than people think,dont blame def,s,off was just better tonight and it would have took a real good to shut them down,that rj will have coaches pulling there hair out,watch,

Your right, and Limberton is a lot worse than people think.. Gonna be a long night for us. Might as well not even play.

it was a good game, the refs made some ugly calls at times looked completely lost. Silsbee's transfer from ozen did a outstanding job of gashing our defense. I am always hard on our defense, in the first half I was really hard on them, but in the second half they tightened up a little more and made some plays. I was disappointed in my tiger faithful's who were no-shows on my side of the field, thought for sure at least one would show up and sit with this ndn fan lol. I think Silsbee will be fine, just one observation the new coach had better learn about field position and punt the damn ball on fourth downs, smh his play calling put the tigers In a serious bind, cant blame the kids on that. He made the decision to go for it instead of punting, know it is preseason but damn, on the road for that matter. Anyway I liked what I saw from Hughes, kid can run catch and plow over people runs with authority for sure.  The young QB started off in stellar fashion, finally got to see a little preview of what he has in store for his near future, he looked comfortable the first time he took the field, made it look easy. He will be something special for sure, PAM lost a good one for sure, straight up beast! Short work week next week, game is scheduled for Thursday, feel sorry for GCM gonna be a long night lol.

19 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

it was a good game, the refs made some ugly calls at times looked completely lost. Silsbee's transfer from ozen did a outstanding job of gashing our defense. I am always hard on our defense, in the first half I was really hard on them, but in the second half they tightened up a little more and made some plays. I was disappointed in my tiger faithful's who were no-shows on my side of the field, thought for sure at least one would show up and sit with this ndn fan lol. I think Silsbee will be fine, just one observation the new coach had better learn about field position and punt the damn ball on fourth downs, smh his play calling put the tigers In a serious bind, cant blame the kids on that. He made the decision to go for it instead of punting, know it is preseason but damn, on the road for that matter. Anyway I liked what I saw from Hughes, kid can run catch and plow over people runs with authority for sure.  The young QB started off in stellar fashion, finally got to see a little preview of what he has in store for his near future, he looked comfortable the first time he took the field, made it look easy. He will be something special for sure, PAM lost a good one for sure, straight up beast! Short work week next week, game is scheduled for Thursday, feel sorry for GCM gonna be a long night lol.

That Tiger fan had a bunch of unexpected reletives show up to see #22 for Silsbee in action.  I'm sure that he's apologetic.  

And he went for it on 4th because the punting, FG, and PAT team are not good at all....

As I sat and watch half the game with soulja, I said png had hood size at the skilled position.they were bigger and faster than Silsbee, imo mirrored a jv team with physical size of the players, except for Taylor, the qb and #7. Which brings me to,that was the offense. I guess png did what they was supposed to and beat up on an inferior team. Oh 222 rushing yards...better fix that before oct. PAM  will have that in the first half.  Great job Silsbee for putting effort. 22 needs to go both ways to give Silsbee more offense. One mo

51 minutes ago, pakronos said:

As I sat and watch half the game with soulja, I said png had hood size at the skilled position.they were bigger and faster than Silsbee, imo mirrored a jv team with physical size of the players, except for Taylor, the qb and #7. Which brings me to,that was the offense. I guess png did what they was supposed to and beat up on an inferior team. Oh 222 rushing yards...better fix that before oct. PAM  will have that in the first half.  Great job Silsbee for putting effort. 22 needs to go both ways to give Silsbee more offense. One mo

Gotta agree on the rushing yards, although those Silsbee runners are dang good. PNG had several hits in the backfield and didn't wrap up allowing Silsbee be to click off some good yardage. Got to clean that up. Kicking game was off on the placing of the ball from the center. Riggs can kick it a mile, which leads me to not understanding the pooch kick. I understand the deep threat, but he can kick into the end zone consistently. So I dunno....

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

It would've helped had #5 Newton would've been in the game...   He got dinged up a little....

#22 did come in a few series at slot receiver...

Pooch kicks all night except one.  Kept it away from any playmakers.

Smart move even if it was frustrating. 

Kalon Barnes, Calvin Tyler and Adonnis Thomas all threats to go to the house with it.

Though the refs did short Silsbee the penalty spot EVERY time it went out of bounds. 

No sideline warning either.  Straight to the penalty.  Weird officiating crew.