Obama gun issue

new tobie

19 hours ago, baddog said:

Let someone you love be gunned down by these savages while screaming "death to Americans", you will change your tune. For the record, I hope you don't lose anyone that way. Sometimes it has to become personal before some see the light.

I would feel thel same if blacks or whites did it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2016 at 9:15 AM, Englebert said:

new tobie, I want to ask you a question and see if you can answer honestly. If for some reason Congress lost their minds and passed a bill prohibiting gun ownership is the U.S., do you think Obama would sign that bill into law?

I can't answer the question because this will NEVER happen. Even if the dems controlled congress this will never happen. Many dems want to own guns also. Gun ownership is not just a republican thing. Obama just wants to try and DO SOMETHING about high powered rifles getting into the wrong hands. Their are many problems in the world today, some can be solved, some can be made better. Nothing will ever happen unless we do something. I said it before, and i don't give a.... what was done in the past but it is a congressional failure when they refused to vote on Garland.....vote NO, but do your job and vote. Would say the same thing if the situation was reversed. Healthcare: if the pubs would have done something about the medical facilities, doctors and pharmeseudical companys out of control cost, the affordable care act would not be in existence. Insurance companies have been and are out of control. Many people paid state farm and farmers premiums for 20 to 30 years, but after the two big hurricanes and they had to pay out so they dropped some of these customers. 

23 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

I can't answer the question because this will NEVER happen. Even if the dems controlled congress this will never happen. Many dems want to own guns also. Gun ownership is not just a republican thing. Obama just wants to try and DO SOMETHING about high powered rifles getting into the wrong hands. Their are many problems in the world today, some can be solved, some can be made better. Nothing will ever happen unless we do something. I said it before, and i don't give a.... what was done in the past but it is a congressional failure when they refused to vote on Garland.....vote NO, but do your job and vote. Would say the same thing if the situation was reversed. Healthcare: if the pubs would have done something about the medical facilities, doctors and pharmeseudical companys out of control cost, the affordable care act would not be in existence. Insurance companies have been and are out of control. Many people paid state farm and farmers premiums for 20 to 30 years, but after the two big hurricanes and they had to pay out so they dropped some of these customers. 

So this is strictly the fault of pubs.  That is laughable.

1 hour ago, nappyroots said:

I absolutely disagree that it will never happen...ask Britains, Canadians and Australians. The question was would Obama sign a bill that prohibits gun ownership if given the opportunity. We can disagree on whether a bill would ever reach a president's desk, but again, hypothetically, if one inexplicitly does, would Obama sign it? I have no doubt as to the answer to that question. What do you think?

I agree with you that many Democrats want gun ownership, but I will contend that number is shrinking. The Democrat leaders have adopted the policy of strict gun control and the Democrat constituents are not fighting them on this issue. Case in point, California, New York and pretty much most of the northeastern states and northwestern states.

And as for high powered rifles, more people are killed yearly by hammers than by high powered rifles. You, Obama, and the Democrats are trying to solve an imaginative problem when pushing for "assault" (definition needed) rifle bans. The reason the Democrat leadership is so gung ho on banning "assault" rifles because it is a stepping stone leading to total gun control. That is very obvious to many of us. I'm not sure why many of the Democrat members can't see it. How many lives would be saved yearly if "assault" rifles are banned versus handguns? Please answer that question then ask yourself why the Democrat leaders are targeting "assault" rifles instead of handguns. I will go ahead and answer. It's not because they don't want to, it's because they can't. By getting some bans in place, say on "assault" rifles, they can use this as a counter to the "shall not be infringed" argument. Again, very obvious to many of us.

Ask Joe Biden as to the reason for not voting on Garland. It's on video, a simple google search will provide you with his explanation.

Why do you want government to solve everything? The cost to attend any NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA game is out of control. Should the government step in to "solve the problem". Maybe they can implement an Obamacare style plan in which the object is the reduce prices but the solution ends up raising costs even more. I'm kind of curious as to what would happen to these professional sports if the people showed unity and started boycotting them. How long would it take for the prices to drop versus government intervention. The people have the power to solve these problems, but you want government to do your job...the same government that begs these entities/companies for "campaign" donations.

1 hour ago, nappyroots said:

This is the hidden content, please

I agree with much of what the author says. But he gives examples of some infringements on gun ownership by Conservatives but fails to mention the many, many restrictions instituted by Liberals. If a basketball team wins a game 120-2, you don't really need to concentrate on the 2 points given up like this author is trying to push. And if you want a scorecard to verify this, the NRA rates all politicians as to their adherence to Second Amendment rights. The overwhelming majority of bad grades are on the Democrat side, basically the same ratio as winning a basketball game 120-2.

6 hours ago, Englebert said:

I absolutely disagree that it will never happen...ask Britains, Canadians and Australians. The question was would Obama sign a bill that prohibits gun ownership if given the opportunity. We can disagree on whether a bill would ever reach a president's desk, but again, hypothetically, if one inexplicitly does, would Obama sign it? I have no doubt as to the answer to that question. What do you think?

I agree with you that many Democrats want gun ownership, but I will contend that number is shrinking. The Democrat leaders have adopted the policy of strict gun control and the Democrat constituents are not fighting them on this issue. Case in point, California, New York and pretty much most of the northeastern states and northwestern states.

And as for high powered rifles, more people are killed yearly by hammers than by high powered rifles. You, Obama, and the Democrats are trying to solve an imaginative problem when pushing for "assault" (definition needed) rifle bans. The reason the Democrat leadership is so gung ho on banning "assault" rifles because it is a stepping stone leading to total gun control. That is very obvious to many of us. I'm not sure why many of the Democrat members can't see it. How many lives would be saved yearly if "assault" rifles are banned versus handguns? Please answer that question then ask yourself why the Democrat leaders are targeting "assault" rifles instead of handguns. I will go ahead and answer. It's not because they don't want to, it's because they can't. By getting some bans in place, say on "assault" rifles, they can use this as a counter to the "shall not be infringed" argument. Again, very obvious to many of us.

Ask Joe Biden as to the reason for not voting on Garland. It's on video, a simple google search will provide you with his explanation.

Why do you want government to solve everything? The cost to attend any NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA game is out of control. Should the government step in to "solve the problem". Maybe they can implement an Obamacare style plan in which the object is the reduce prices but the solution ends up raising costs even more. I'm kind of curious as to what would happen to these professional sports if the people showed unity and started boycotting them. How long would it take for the prices to drop versus government intervention. The people have the power to solve these problems, but you want government to do your job...the same government that begs these entities/companies for "campaign" donations.

Good question...tickets for any Broadway show are ridiculous...should they regulate play prices?

Lots of things are expensive, and if you don't make enough money, you aren't "entitled" to them...want a nicer car, earn more money, want a bigger house, earn more money!