Beaumont Central at Channelview/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, understand said:

Bulldogs or always coach great, Png goes on war dances against CHS, Pa is down from 6a, BUT this will be the best defense to come from 88 Jaguar Drive. 22-5a should have good playoff runs because it wont be to many defenses like  CHS in 5a

The jury is still out on that.  There have been some great defenses to come out of there.  Theye have the potential to be, we will have to just see.  Hopefully the offense doesn't put them in too many bad field position sitiuations...

Not going to comment too much about today's scrimmage except to say the offense has more pieces to play with at the skill spots and the "smoke" has cleared.  If it comes true what UNDERSTAND said about this defense being the best, then anything short of a district championship, a win over West Brook and at least a 2nd round visit will be a big disappointment.  Jags came out of the scrimmage healthy...

18 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

The jury is still out on that.  There have been some great defenses to come out of there.  Theye have the potential to be, we will have to just see.  Hopefully the offense doesn't put them in too many bad field position sitiuations...

So you guys think this defense will be better than the 08 defense with Stowers and 03 defense with David Dixon ??

30 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Not going to comment too much about today's scrimmage except to say the offense has more pieces to play with at the skill spots and the "smoke" has cleared.  If it comes true what UNDERSTAND said about this defense being the best, then anything short of a district championship, a win over West Brook and at least a 2nd round visit will be a big disappointment.  Jags came out of the scrimmage healthy...

Lol...

28 minutes ago, D3zii said:

So you guys think this defense will be better than the 08 defense with Stowers and 03 defense with David Dixon ??

I judge the more recent years by the 08 defense.  They have the potential on paper and in practice but it will be determined by what happens in the games starting Friday...

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

I don't have yardage at hand but in 13 games, the 2003 defense gave up and average of 11.3 page while the 2008 defense in 14 games gave up 16.7 ppg...

Both the '03 and the '08 defense were really good.  Probably the '08 defense gets more props because they played more games....  But the '03 defense was more consistant and if I'm not mistaken, pitched 1 more shutouts than the '08 team did....

3 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

I judge the more recent years by the 08 defense.  They have the potential on paper and in practice but it will be determined by what happens in the games starting Friday...

Well you are rt and it starts Friday, if we don't hold WB to under 17 then I will have to think    different, but from what I saw from WB tonight if they score more then 14 we've in trouble for the season

3 minutes ago, understand said:

Well you are rt and it starts Friday, if we don't hold WB to under 17 then I will have to think    different, but from what I saw from WB tonight if they score more then 14 we've in trouble for the season

If we go off that logic we should hang 40+ on yall. Relax! 

1 minute ago, understand said:

don't you guys play Saturday the 27th at the Butch? well you wont score 40 then and tell your band to stop coping CHS band routines

They copy ours, been like that since 2002. :)

Um we might not need to score 40 next week if our D shows up to play. We just need to act like its Central in the visitor jerseys and ball like last year. #Scoreboard 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They copy ours, been like that since 2002. :)

Um we might not need to score 40 next week if our D shows up to play. We just need to act like its Central in the visitor jerseys and ball like last year. #Scoreboard 

that would help because you only won two games last and one was CHS, lets see do PA     remember what the playoffs are like---- lol

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

I believe it will. I know a bunch of the kids. But I'll b happy to ask this question too.can they beat big NED and png ?? I have no clue. Seems like every year they play them close til late in the game.and they get hit in the mouth and don't respond back.i know central beat png a few years ago . But all and all can they beat those 2 teams this year. 

1 hour ago, dj said:

I believe it will. I know a bunch of the kids. But I'll b happy to ask this question too.can they beat big NED and png ?? I have no clue. Seems like every year they play them close til late in the game.and they get hit in the mouth and don't respond back.i know central beat png a few years ago . But all and all can they beat those 2 teams this year. 

That's big words, I look forward to watching Central play then if that's true. I still believe everyone will be second fiddle to that 1990 defensive unit that had more then 7shutouts