WOS vs Nederland

tennisbc

I remember Nick Saban saying one year that high school students running "4.4" speed is really running a 4.6 except for select few... BG what was mr Jamaal Charles 40 time in HS if you possibly might know. I'm curious what Tony Brown 40 time was. Those were track guys state champions and I'm sure these PNG guys aren't even sniffing those guys times 

12 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I remember Nick Saban saying one year that high school students running "4.4" speed is really running a 4.6 except for select few... BG what was mr Jamaal Charles 40 time in HS if you possibly might know. I'm curious what Tony Brown 40 time was. Those were track guys state champions and I'm sure these PNG guys aren't even sniffing those guys times 

The only guys I have ever seen live (own eyes) running a 4.3-4.4 on a track or turf/grass when they were in HS was Reggie McNeal and Jamaal Charles. 

With 40 times I'd like to see them ran with pads on if its for football purposes. 

On 8/20/2016 at 10:02 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
On 8/21/2016 at 3:37 PM, BADSANTA said:
2 hours ago, The Icon said:

How do you know "for a fact" that these kids run 4.4s? Are you timing them?

Go watch some recent NFL Combine footage. There are skill guys getting drafted who don't run 4.4s man

ha ha your funny,for one i know larry newman personally,i speak to him i think he knows,he lives down street from me,i know things believe it or not,and no he dont tell me secrets about what hes gonna do in games lol,i wouldnt ask him any of that anyway,so you keep watching combine,i dont need to,and this is hs football not NFL.......

perkins he runs a 4.4 i know that one for a fact,and he will catch it every time unlike our stoned hands #11 km,lol,i think he needs stick em on his gloves with his big OLE HANDS

I hope the WOS defense can get pressure early on the Ned QB, which can lead to some INTs and possibly points.  I think special teams can be big for WOS too, get that short field or maybe take one back for a TD...Should be a good game...good luck to both teams...

I played FB at SHSU. While playing there, I learned that the way most HS coaches clock kids in the 40 yd dash is inaccurate. We had ONLY  two players who ran legit 4.4s. One played WR, one played DB.  The guy who played WR couldn't catch a cold in January. Point being, just bc you are fast, doesn't mean your 'all that' on the FB field.

And, Let's Go Big Ned!!

5 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

should be a great game, if your a Mustang fan!! The dogs better be ready and buckle that chin strap tight cause the ponies about to kick some.............................

My Dawgs will definitely strap it on tight and be ready to hit (and take a hit). The speed of WOS has always given us troubles, not so much the size (of WOS), except in the mid-late 80's when WOS DOMINATED EVERYONE in SETX with size AND speed.