****Kirbyville @ Newton****

GATA!

On 8/22/2016 at 11:48 AM, HeHateMe said:
2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I promise, I'm not lying.  I was on the square in downtown Newton one afternoon about five years ago when the fire whistle went off.  Normally you'd expect to see the VFD guys come screaming through town their personal vehicles towards the fire station so they can jump in the firetruck and go save somebody's slab and possibly their chimney.  There's this big commotion down the street, and this guy is coming down the street in a wagon with car tires and bucket seats being pulled by two horses, and he is giving those horses HELL on the way to the fire station.  I was just shaking my head... i couldn't believe what my eyes had just seen.  Only in Newton.  

Moral of the story: 

CardinalBacker likes to hang out in downtown Newton. 

2 hours ago, Speedkills said:

It was interesting listening to the Bridge City vs. Newton debate on A Kirbyville vs. Newton forum! LOL! I am going to be completely honest in my prediction tonight and remind you all that I am a die hard Kirbyville Wildcat fan! I feel like at this particular point and time in the season Kirbyville is still putting the pieces together Newton is a bigger, faster, and stronger version of Newton that lost to the eventual runner up Franklin in round 3 last year. I do believe its a hard fought game from both teams but a this time during the season I believe experience wins!

Kirbyville-13

Newton-36

I believe if this game were being played 2 or 3 weeks from now that score would be much closer possibly even a Kirbyville win! Good luck to both teams! praying for an injury free game on both sides of the ball!

It was interesting listening to the Bridge City vs. Newton debate on A Kirbyville vs. Newton forum! LOL! I am going to be completely honest in my prediction tonight and remind you all that I am a die hard Kirbyville Wildcat fan! I feel like at this particular point and time in the season Kirbyville is still putting the pieces together Newton is a bigger, faster, and stronger version of Newton that lost to the eventual runner up Franklin in round 3 last year. I do believe its a hard fought game from both teams but a this time during the season I believe experience wins!

Kirbyville-13

Newton-36

I believe if this game were being played 2 or 3 weeks from now that score would be much closer possibly even a Kirbyville win! Good luck to both teams! praying for an injury free game on both sides of the ball!

Mark my words when I say Kirbyville will get it together they have the talented pieces and the coaching staff to put the puzzle together

Kirbyville-13

Newton-36

Kirbyville fans are pumped up and excited as they should be. Heck, it's football season!! I just hope their fans stay the entire game and not leave in the third quarter. I'm going to stay in for this one guys. I don't want to hear the loud sirens and horns going off all the time. That's just too loud for me. I'm being generous on my prediction below just because i know that W.T. wont run the score up. 

Newton 43 -  

Kirbyville - 14

38 minutes ago, NewtonNation said:

Don't worry Jason, as Newton fans we don't let it bother us. 

Umm....maybe not from you NewtonNation, but I can assure you the disrespect has been dished out from Newton fans on here AT LEAST as much as from the Kirbyville fans. The last couple yrs especially since we didn't play each other. But, like you, us respectable Kirbyville fans don't let it bother us either. 

All I can say about this game is, it's Kirbyville vs. Newton. Anybody from EITHER side in any given yr that thinks their team has it in the bag when this game is played is sorely mistaken. Newton seems to be where they should be right now, and Kirbyville looks like they need some work. Soooo....on paper it don't look good for us. Luckily, this game isn't played on paper. 

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:01 PM, Cactus said:

2016-07-31 20.19.17.jpg

From the looks of this eagle's biceps, me thinks Newton got on the Art Briles "Stephenville" plan??  Maybe a urinalysis or two is in order for this evening.  Or maybe he's just been hanging out in the pulpwood yards like the rest of the team.