CROSBY vs MANVEL

Cougar14.2

Manvel by 10+. Manvel has the weapons to destroy teams once they get rolling and possibly fielding the best LB core in school history. Minus the hype...

Manvel returned its best WR, LB, SS, DE and DT from last years team. The young QB will have to play well to outscore a team like Crosby, therefore the defense has to make stops and give him the opportunity to find rhythm. The kid knows the O better than any "1st time starting" QB Manvel has fielded and ALL of them are D1. The kid is a flatout winner hence his 7 on 7 performances. If Manvel line up and call aggressive/nasty football I think Crosby is in for a long night. On the other hand... get to pretty and the upset is on. Netherly is the truth and he has plenty of help around him.

3 hours ago, songone said:

Manvel by 10+. Manvel has the weapons to destroy teams once they get rolling and possibly fielding the best LB core in school history. Minus the hype...

Manvel returned its best WR, LB, SS, DE and DT from last years team. The young QB will have to play well to outscore a team like Crosby, therefore the defense has to make stops and give him the opportunity to find rhythm. The kid knows the O better than any "1st time starting" QB Manvel has fielded and ALL of them are D1. The kid is a flatout winner hence his 7 on 7 performances. If Manvel line up and call aggressive/nasty football I think Crosby is in for a long night. On the other hand... get to pretty and the upset is on. Netherly is the truth and he has plenty of help around him.

I just seen a ghost. Lol. Bout time you get on here.  

8 minutes ago, indianforever said:

Crosby has a better chance at winning state than beating manvel and we see how that's worked out the last couple of years

You're probably right about the part in bold if Manvel goes D1 and Crosby goes D2 in the playoffs.  Manvel will be the best team the Cougars have gone up against recently.  Either way, I wouldn't give PNG a fraction of a chance against either of them.

I think Crosby is going to have a very hard time running the ball on Manvel. On the flip side if Manvel can't line up and pound it on Crosby I think we have a very good chance to win. Manvel is going to move the ball but I think we have some guys on defense that can make a few splash plays for us. 

Crosby couldn't figure out RP's front seven and lost, if we figure out Manvel's I think we win. 

Good early match-up for Crosby to see where they are.Had a nice bunch that graduated/2 back from injury/unknown@Qb but awesome Wr.Plenty skill peeps.Weekly development of the O/D line play will negate somewhat Crosby's success.I will pull for them in this game & the others.10/14 Gonna be a great game & we'll be underdogs.Anything close w/Manvel is a positive step to get better next week.Good luck dist foes,picking Manvel by 6 no pun intended

Anyone know the frosh and JV results from last night?

I heard JV only had one game, and the score was in the Manvel 34 Crosby 14 range. But the person that told me that wasn't too sure about it.

I find it doubtful. After all, all of Manvel's talent had been coming through Nolan Ryan Jr High, which now feeds Shadow Creek HS. So all the talented sophs Manvel would have had are now at SCHS. No way Manvel JV could have beat Crosby JV, let alone by 20 points, without the talent they lost to SCHS.

Anyone know the real results from last night?

28 minutes ago, RHBoiler said:

I heard JV only had one game, and the score was in the Manvel 34 Crosby 14 range. But the person that told me that wasn't too sure about it.

I find it doubtful. After all, all of Manvel's talent had been coming through Nolan Ryan Jr High, which now feeds Shadow Creek HS. So all the talented sophs Manvel would have had are now at SCHS. No way Manvel JV could have beat Crosby JV, let alone by 20 points, without the talent they lost to SCHS.

That JV score is correct. I've said it many times:  Crosby's JV is a practice squad for the varsity.  They don't get much individual team practice or preparation.  There is no big reward for winning JV district.  But if they can help the varsity get wins on Friday night, that's what counts.  Historically, Crosby's JV doesn't do real well.  It was 14-14 at halftime and 34-14 final.  

34 minutes ago, RHBoiler said:

34-14 is accurate was tied at 14 halfway through third then Coogs fell apart.  Not sure what grade he's in but your QB #10 looked very impressive.